Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 408988 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1305 on: June 9, 2013, 01:01 AM »
Nice score!  Local find or evilbay?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: June 9, 2013, 05:05 AM »
RS.  I've only ever had one local find, I'd sure love to have more!

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: June 16, 2013, 12:35 AM »
Vintage yard sale finds today:

Dagobah play set missing parts, foam rotted.
Imperial Hoth attack base, missing parts
Hoth Ice Planet, just the base (broken footpeg) and the radar to the little radar laser
Death Star play set Elevator, no ledge
Jabba the Hutt missing left arm with play set base missing the railing/pipe stuff (did have slave "chain")
4 of those Display Arenas, the white colored (now yellowed) backdrop L shaped display stands, they were mail-ins, no backgrounds.
Micro Collection Ion Cannon set, missing everything that it can miss
Millennium Falcon, discolored, missing canopy/glass, gun, gun station cover, ramp, etc..

All for absurdly cheap, like under $5. Some of its discolored and dirty, but rare to find anything old these days. I never owned any part of Hoth Ice Planet and didn't know it's base was softer plastic than Land of the Jawas. Never owned the display arena stands, either. Some friends of mine had them back in the day. I wanted figures and vehicles, not stands or cases.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: June 16, 2013, 12:31 PM »
Nice!  I like finding old stuff like that.  I scored another Vintage Death Star Playset at a garage sale yesterday - box included!  It doesn't have the original foam or the rope (grrr!), but everything else was there and in seemingly great shape.  Planning to build it with my son tonight!   :)  They had a big tub of what looked like a few more death stars, x-wing, some of the vintage bases, but they were all very rough.  I would have bought it for cheap, but at $75 it stayed behind. 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: June 18, 2013, 12:15 PM »
Super jealous. I want a Death Star with box and to find one at a garage sale. Nice
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: June 18, 2013, 12:49 PM »
That's awesome, I dream about finds like that.

I picked up a few more vintage blasters over the past week, Hoth Leia, Cloud Car Pilot, etc and a couple of biker scout guns courtesy of eBay.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: June 30, 2013, 01:21 PM »
Picked up a complete w/ box Jabba the Hutt's Dungeon at a local comic shop yesterday. Not super exciting but fun to buy something.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: June 30, 2013, 11:32 PM »
Which version? Where the figures included?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: July 2, 2013, 01:45 PM »
Which version? Where the figures included?

The Klaatu, Nikto, 8D8 one and yes they were included but in zip lock bags, not original baggies.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #1314 on: July 6, 2013, 11:10 AM »
I sure have missed a lot of great acquisitions from you guys lately. I need to get my act together and check things out more often. Congrats to everyone.

I've been busy over the last few months, but had opportunities to pick up some vintage items along the way.

From a couple of stores here in Chicagoland (Quake & Forever Young), I picked up a sweet Collector Series Vader TIE Fighter and a few figures. I was looking to get a boxed DV TIE to help complete the run, but this piece was shocking. Not only was it inexpensive, but the vehicle is pristine - stickers unapplied and contains the original inserts. Likely it was opened, removed once or twice and then displayed as is. The Tig Fromm was a nice score too, helps me get ever closer to completing the Droids run. The die-cast Snowspeeder was a cheap $7 pickup..

Then at the Kane County Toy Show, it was quite a haul of cheap but quality items. An incomplete ESB Droid Factory set - I still haven't figured out what exactly is missing, not much though - along with 2 carded figures for $20 total, a couple of die-cast ships, and a Boba Fett Mailer for $50! I'm still researching the Fett, but I believe the box belongs to the Survival Kit, so not a complete set but for the price who am I to complain?

And most recently, I picked up a DROIDS A-Wing Fighter. It's only missing the inserts, but its a beautiful piece. It now brings me to needing only 1 vehicle (the Sonic Controlled Landspeeder) to complete the US run. Looking forward to that...

Picking up the A-Wing also will give me the opportunity to sell off a couple of loose A-Wings that I picked up last year off of Craigslist. But before I do that, I couldn't resist snapping a picture of 3 A-Wings together in flight. It's not every day you see something like this...

The break in the modern line has been a blessing. Picking up so much vintage is such great fun.  :D

Cheers!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: July 7, 2013, 11:25 PM »
Nice scores Jason!  The A-wing especially is a great score.  Is that front one vintage or the modern version?  Looks brand new!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1316 on: July 8, 2013, 08:25 PM »
Droids A-Wing was the only ship I kept after a sell-off of my vehicle collection years back.  Love it.  Love that sculpt.  Love it even today when Hasbro re-uses it.  It's pretty much perfect.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1317 on: July 8, 2013, 08:44 PM »
AMAZING scores. Love the A-Wing and the collector series TIE.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1318 on: July 8, 2013, 08:51 PM »
is Forever Young still on Belmont?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: July 10, 2013, 10:07 AM »
Possibly the most boring post one will make in here, but picked up a Ewok Village box to go with my Ewok Village yesterday.