Author Topic: Latest vintage acquisition  (Read 409101 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Latest vintage acquisition
« Reply #1410 on: December 12, 2013, 11:46 PM »
Amazing scores justin!  Three of my favorite figures and cards.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 13, 2013, 12:27 AM »
Nice score on the Uzay TIE Pilot.  Is the figure different than the US or just the packaging?

It's an ATAT Driver painted black with some red. Same as Uzay did back in the day from what I gathered on uzaystarwars website. Certainly different than the regular vintage version. They even made his weapon look like the Uzay one.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 12:29 AM by GrandMoffNick »
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 13, 2013, 08:13 AM »
I've been stewing more about the way your figs were shipped to you Justin and I'd be super pissed if I were you. I get annoyed when things I buy on ebay aren't packaged well and I'm talking tops $30. The guy had to know what he had, I assume you paid a significant amount of cash for them and I'm sure he could have "splurged" on some bubble wrap or something. Don't have much more to say than that, but that's crazy to me.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 13, 2013, 12:33 PM »
I've been stewing more about the way your figs were shipped to you Justin and I'd be super pissed if I were you. I get annoyed when things I buy on ebay aren't packaged well and I'm talking tops $30. The guy had to know what he had, I assume you paid a significant amount of cash for them and I'm sure he could have "splurged" on some bubble wrap or something. Don't have much more to say than that, but that's crazy to me.

I hear you.  I got the package at the end of the day and was fuming on my way out of work.  I couldn't even inspect the figures for more than a few seconds I was so ticked off.  I was pissy the whole night until I went down and really looked them over versus the pictures that were sent.  The box was luckily undamaged, but just the shaking around and cards beating against each other still bothers me.  Ultimately, they're in the condition I expected despite this idiot, but I still feel like chewing him out for taking the risk.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 13, 2013, 03:22 PM »
Stupid is as stupid does.

Sometimes it's not worth beating yourself up over it. They arrived fine. Just let it go.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 14, 2013, 01:19 AM »
Stupid is as stupid does.

Sometimes it's not worth beating yourself up over it. They arrived fine. Just let it go.

That's ultimately what I decided.  I will be asking all future sellers to please pack there stuff carefully though...
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 31, 2013, 10:25 PM »
Wow! I have not posted a new vinty item since May, must be because I am focusing on other stuff I collect like my Space 1999 collection.  ;D

As I look back from my last post, you all have picked up some awesome items. Hopefully in the new year, more goodness will come your way.  :)

I also like to add to Darby, that Jawa focus is fricken bad ass!  8)

As the year ends, not really sure what will be in the cards to pick up. Still looking for the odd grail piece or just dabbling here & there.

These are my latest pick ups:

Romba shipping box.

Hungarian pig nose Yoda.

International Collectors Event ICE Star Playset.  Sorta vintage, pretty damn cool!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: January 1, 2014, 01:00 PM »
What's with the midget playing with the I.C.E Star on the box art?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: January 2, 2014, 11:36 PM »
Finally added a loose open belly Tauntaun to my collection.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: January 3, 2014, 12:31 PM »
I snagged a carded Tusken with hollow cheeks recently and it finally arrived.  I'll try to get a picture out.  I've decided I want to snag a small head Han carded and a no-teeth Lando as well to round out the big carded variants. 

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: January 3, 2014, 09:51 PM »
I snagged a carded Tusken with hollow cheeks recently and it finally arrived.  I'll try to get a picture out.  I've decided I want to snag a small head Han carded and a no-teeth Lando as well to round out the big carded variants.

Cool. I would just like a hollow cheeks loose for a reasonable price.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: January 3, 2014, 10:29 PM »

Cool. I would just like a hollow cheeks loose for a reasonable price.

He's a cool variation, but pricey.  I think my loose one was $40ish back in the day.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: January 12, 2014, 12:32 AM »
Just bought a cardback w/ bubble (No figure or coin) Droids Sise Fromm on ebay. Offered the guy a little more than 50% of his BIN price and he took it. I was thinking he would at least counter. I figure I will never have the figure itself so the cardback is better than nothing.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: January 15, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Not sure what era I consider 1990, but since it was all of $3.40 I picked up a Euro Disney Stormtrooper. At quick glance it looks just like a vintage Stormtrooper with his crown painted grey so it's close enough to vintage for me.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #1424 on: January 15, 2014, 11:36 PM »
Got an absolutely dead mint MIB never opened speeder bike today - it's like I time travelled to 83 for this thing: