Author Topic: Repairing a 12 inch Saga Dooku neck post  (Read 2924 times)

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Repairing a 12 inch Saga Dooku neck post
« on: December 9, 2005, 06:52 PM »
I'm not sure if this should go here, or in Customizing, but here goes. I was working with the 12 inch Saga dooku last night, trying to get the head off for a custom i was planning...all i wanted to do was see what type of neck peg he had, ie: was it a 2 piece design like the ROTS clone, or a single piece of rubber, like the Saga AOTC obiwan, episode I Darth Maul, etc. Well disaster struck...Since i'd had no trouble popping the neck peg off the clonetrooper without having to boil N pop, I figured i could do the same with Dooku. The neck peg finally gave out, and tore off, leaving a stump of white plastic in the neck well. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried ffurg, as well as google, but they only had repair instructions for dragon bodies. I've only started collecting/customizing 12 inch figures this year, and i'm not too sure what dragon bodies are, though i've heard of others using them in place of the Hasbro bodies. Right now, Dooku looks ok if i leave him in more or less a neutral pose, but i was kind of hoping to use him for a headswap to make a Jedi Luke 12 inch <just swap the head, and either make up a belt, or a custom vest thing like he wore to Jabba's palace. Can anyone help me? Or am i stuck with using some crazy glue to put the ball back on the post, once i get it free of the neck piece? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

Offline OT Freak

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Repairing a 12 inch Saga Dooku neck post
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 12:38 PM »
Can you drill a hole at both ends and epoxy a screw in?
Hey Hasbro, Wake the #@$! UP!!

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Thanks for the advice OT Freak. I managed to get it fixed, using of all things, a piece i was using for a custom lightsaber! It was part of a stripped Phono plug, and it had a hole just wide enough for the remnants of the neck post, and it holds tightly enough for the head to stay put <an accidental tumble off my monitor proved that LOL.

Offline OT Freak

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Great, good to hear you got it fixed.
Hey Hasbro, Wake the #@$! UP!!

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Finally got it fixed once and for all...it's not entirely perfect, but for a repair, i don't think i did TOO bad. I had a spare pull bead from a ceiling fan lying around. It was kind of oblong, tapered at one end, wide at the other. I managed to wedge it into a Hoth Luke head, and using most of Dooku's original uniform, i made myself a Jedi Luke! :D