Author Topic: Disney Star Wars Weekends  (Read 23726 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Disney Star Wars Weekends
« on: April 24, 2003, 02:01 PM »
Ok, Disney + Star Wars = StarWars Weekend.  

I've read the link.  Has anybody ever attended?  Do the descriptions given adequately describe what happens?  

What about merchandise?  It lists pins, medallions, clothing, posters and "other collectibles" or something to that effect.  Just what would fall under that category?  

Enlighten me (don't laugh, it is possible) please.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 04:56 AM by JediMAC »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Disney Star Wars Weekends
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2003, 05:57 PM »
I went to it in 2001 for a half day since I was leaving for home on that friday.  The main things that I did was get my pictures with some of the star wars characters Vader, Darth Maul, the Droids, and others; and getting the pins that they had for that week end Luke and I think Han.  
Some of the stuff they had for sale were:
Limited Edition Pins (Luke, Han Vader's Tie, and about 5 other character pins and the Disney Logo pin, Mickey as a holo coming out of R2.)
Extremley Limited Pin Set (All of the pins framed)
TShirts
and someother stuff for star wars weekend plus alot of regular starwars stuff (figures, books, and so on) that the Star Tours Store sales.

THe event for the most part is located in the area around Star Tours so its kind of in a small area.  I know there was stars there but I had no time to see them so I'm not sure what that part was like.

If anyone is planning to go to Disney World for Star Wars Weekend and make it a big trip four or five days you may want to get one of the Disney packages.  When I went back in May 2001 with my brother and sister we had gotten this package where we got pass hoppers for 4 days (all main parks, and someother parks; water parks), and 8 or so points (don't remember what they were called) which you can use for meals or just about anything (you get a list with the package that says what you can use them for).  With these points we had breakfest and dinners for "free" (One of our bills came to around $300.00 with a thrid of it going to my $80.00 lobster ;D :o )our picture taken with Mickey and horse bak riding around one of the hotels.  So if you plan on going you may want to go see a travel agent to see about getting one of these packages since our food really paid for the price.  

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2003, 01:47 PM »
I have never been but would like to someday...
If anyone is going let me know. I will have you pick me up X2 of each of Wave #3 of the Star Tours Figures.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 05:39 PM »
Well, I stopped by the Star Traders shop at Disneyland yesterday, and the cashier informed me that there was no Star Wars Weekends festivities planned at Disneyland this year, and that it was likely only going to be happening at DisneyWorld in Orlando unfortunately.  She said they didn't do anything last year out here as well.  Not since 2001 has Disneyland participated in the event.  That pretty much sucks, as I was planning on swinging by this time around.

Hopefully she was just misinformed though...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 09:37 AM »
If anyone does end up going I would love to get one of those exclusive pin collections (framed).  I'm not sure how much those are going for, but I would definitely love to get one.  I've been to Disneyworld about 10 times, and everyone knows that Star Wars is like a staple food for us all.

I haven't gone to one of these, but I would love to some day.
dustrho

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 05:31 PM »
I need to get those pins as will.  I guess I need to put up an ad to get them.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: May 3, 2003, 04:40 AM »
For anyone looking to get their hands on some of the exclusive merchandise at this event, you might want to drop JD member Karma a line.  She'll be in attendance at the event and has been kind enough to offer her services to anyone in need of a hookup.  Karen's e-mail address is magnussk@erau.edu

Wish I could help out here at Disneyland as well, but apparently this event is exclusive to only DisneyWorld in Orlando...   :'(  That blows...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: May 3, 2003, 11:24 AM »
Wish I could help out here at Disneyland as well, but apparently this event is exclusive to only DisneyWorld in Orlando...   :'(  That blows...

Yeah it does Matt, because I can't make you work like a dog trying to find me stuff that's in minty mint shape.   ;)
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: May 3, 2003, 11:26 AM »
Does anyone have any pictures of that exclusive pin set, and how much it might be going for?  That's something I would really want, but I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg for it.
dustrho

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 3, 2003, 04:32 PM »
Does anyone have any pictures of that exclusive pin set, and how much it might be going for?  That's something I would really want, but I'm not going to pay an arm and a leg for it.

You mean these dustrho?   ;)

They had a news story about this here on the main page just last week.  Here's the link: Star Wars Weekends Collectibles Are Back   No idea what the set will run you though.

I'd love to go to the Star Wars Weekends, but it's just to far away for me and I'm currently saving up for an engagement ring for my lady so can't really afford to make the trip way down there.  Oh well, guess I've got to keep my real world priorities in check sometimes!   ;D
« Last Edit: May 3, 2003, 04:57 PM by Snively Bandar »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: May 3, 2003, 04:40 PM »
That might be them.  I'm not really entirely sure, because I've only "heard" about them... never got a chance to actually see what they look like.  These pins actually look kinda cheesey if you ask me.  It's hard to tell though by that picture.
dustrho

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 01:52 PM »
Anyone going? 8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2004, 02:00 PM »
Hey Sharon!

Unfortunately, it looks like Disneyland is getting the snub again on this, so count me out.  This is a real bummer, since up until last year, Disneyland always participated in this event.  No chance I'm flying my butt all the way out your way to attend though.  Saving that little "SW trip" for C3 next year...   ;)

Are you going?  Did you go last year?  If so, how was it?

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 1, 2004, 11:33 PM »
Anyone going? 8)
I'm not planning on going this year but went to it in 2001 and thought it was good.  I wish Disneyland would get on the band wagon and do this over here in SoCal.  Maybe if I get a job there I could suggest it to them. ;D

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #14 on: May 3, 2004, 06:48 PM »
I go every year! Last year I covered the event as a reporter. Disney tries to improve it every year.

http://www.galactichunter.com/features/weekends/index.asp

The Special Events Team @ Disney MGM Studios wanted to share this info about this year's SW Weekends:

"They will be signing items other than their photocards but are contracted to sign one autograph per person.(even Anthony Daniels) That will not change.
The guests will need FAST PASS to obtain an autograph and the machine will be on Mickey Ave. at the Millionaire location.
They will not open until 9:00am even on our Resort Day. Remember there are 3 sessions per day.
A Guest will be able to get one guaranteed FAST PASS person for each celebrity and then one standby for each celebrity per day.
Guests do not have to show up really early in the morning. "