Author Topic: New JD Review: Anakin Skywalker "Sith Eyes"  (Read 3014 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New JD Review: Anakin Skywalker "Sith Eyes"
« on: December 15, 2005, 11:37 PM »
Ok, we're back thanks to the more tech savvy staff here working hard. :)  Yours Truly can't do **** with html.  Hell, I thought that meant hotmail for a long time actually.

Anyway...

This time around we're looking at Anakin Skywalker (Slashing Attack) with "Sith Eyes" Paint Variation...  long title huh?

I have seen this guy a couple times actually...  Not a lot, but about as much as I saw Black Clone Pilots which was disappointingly infrequent.  At the same time though, this Anakin figure ain't no cool EU Clone either...   :-\

Anakin's best feature are his bitchin' red fireballs he has for eyes, and I'd say his arm articulation is passable...  Better than average.  His legs suck though, and Hasbro loses my praise at that point.  Lacking knee joints would have made this a very good general Anakin Skywalker figure actually...  And also the leg's sculpt in a sorta leaning/action pose really hurt the figure as well.  Basically, if you want flaws you'll find them primarily in the leg region.

Read the review and enjoy...  I've been slowing some with reviews because A) I'm busy, B) I'm real busy, C) unlike others I am on the short end of finding stuff generally despite how much I hunt...  That's collecting in Pittsburgh,  D) With the final 12 a lot of stuff was repetitious at times.  Fear not though, I've got final Evolutions on tap, and hopefully Saga not too far away god willing I find them relatively quickly.

And if a fire gets lit under my ass I may get to other stuff too...  I've got things I meant to review but didn't get to, so hopefully I just get to at some point.

Thanks for reading guys, and Happy Festivus to you all.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: New JD Review: Anakin Skywalker "Sith Eyes"
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 11:26 AM »
Good review as always. I have to agree. I was okay with this figure until the Evolutions Anakin came out. After wearing a Rolex, a timex just isn't the same.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New JD Review: Anakin Skywalker "Sith Eyes"
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 12:50 AM »
Heh, good way to explain the feeling...  The Sith Eyes saved this figure from obscurity for me.  It was one I hadn't bought yet and I'm waiting to get many of the other ROTS's at Toy SHows loose for on the cheap.  It's inevitable that it will go that route I believe. :)

When I saw the eye variant though I got it just to have Ani with those spooky eyes...  My Evolution Anakin suits all other ROTS Anakin needs and is the figure they should be re-releasing throughout the line...  Of course that's just my opinion and Hasbro will re-use the figure I reviewed probably, if not the Mustafar Duel figure.   ::)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77