Author Topic: Battle of Carkoon Wave  (Read 50516 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Carkoon Wave
« Reply #90 on: October 6, 2005, 07:20 PM »
Leia Boussh- Maybe

Han Carbonite- Probably Pass

Barada- Will Probably Get

Slave Chewie- Pass

Boba Fett- Pass

Lil' Bibbers- Pass

I predict that Barada, Bib, and Han Carb will be pegwarmers, Boba will be a so-so, and Chewie and Boussh will be the big sellers.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2005, 08:06 PM by HunterofThePegs »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 6, 2005, 08:23 PM »
Oh these are thrilling! I really like the design and the figs are top notch.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 6, 2005, 08:54 PM »
Yeah, I have to say from the pics the packaging looks fantastic!  The figures look pretty nice as well.  I will get Han Carobinte, Leia Boushh, and probably Bib Fortuna.  The others I have already but do look nice on those cards.  At this point I could care less about the hologram figs.  I just hope the price does not go up because of those. 

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 6, 2005, 09:06 PM »
I just hope the price does not go up because of those. 

If It does go up to say, $6.99, Then I'll probably get less figures. But I think the Mini Holos are worth it.  8)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 6, 2005, 09:13 PM »
for the Mini Holo collectors, I'll have plenty for the price of shipping....

Count me in for Boussh, Han x4, Bib Fortuna, Chewie (just for the chain)....I'll pass on Action Feature Fett and might get a Barada, if he comes with the good ROTJ blaster or has a different enough paint deco from the Screen Scene.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 6, 2005, 09:38 PM »

Well, if they don't go up because of the mini-holograms, I'm sure that they'll go up for some other reason.    ;)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #96 on: October 6, 2005, 09:50 PM »
I held out hope Chewie would be some form of the VOTC/Eb figure, but alas... I'll probably just get Leia and Bib for sure.  I'll wait and see on Han.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 6, 2005, 11:01 PM »

Well, if they don't go up because of the mini-holograms, I'm sure that they'll go up for some other reason.    ;)

Ha-ha!  Yeah, that is probably correct. 

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 6, 2005, 11:14 PM »
i only question the packing shape..looks rather odd but i'll get the leia, boba and chewie

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: October 7, 2005, 01:46 AM »
My (early) thoughts...

Boba, Chewie, and Barada definitely look like simple repacks all around with no tweaking save for maybe paint.  The chain with Chewie may be his only appeal to buy him which sucks.  I'm glad I got extra VOTC Chewie to take his place...

Barada's disappointing I think as a repack but what do I know...  Fett, eh...  I agree with Spuffy that I'm disappointed that they didn't try re-packing at least ONE VOTC figure.  You have the mold, the main cost is done, repack VOTC Fett...  Take the slight bitching from the people who paid $10 for it and just put the best Fett out you can...  Hell if you're nice you'd tweak the jetpack so it could accomodate the Saga Fett's flame base.

On the new figures, I have to say it's tough to say anything definitive because the pictures are really not very high quality at all so any detail's pretty much lost.  I am with Darth Anton about fearing a lack in quality here though as far as articulation goes.  I thought Boussh had ball/socket knees from the SDCC photos, and Han seems to have angle-cut elbows...  Ok, that's cool.  Bib I can't make neither heads nor tails of on any detail.

I'm hoping they aren't going to start cutting articulation back in a freakin' non-movie year when that kind of quality for collectors should be their focus.  ROTS did so well, their formula was 100% improved with that film line...  If they start reverting back to statues they are just going to prove how out-of-touch they are with this line, this hobby, and collectors.  I'm praying these are great figures because that's 3 new sculpts we really need, but I'm also reserving judgment till i see some clearer pictures...  I know I saw angle-cuts on Han and ball/socket knees on Boussh so that's some hope for these.

I still think re-using VOTC figures would be more appealing to people and it would help improve the margin on the cost of those sculpts...  They're repacks though so whatever.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

SilverZ

« Reply #100 on: October 7, 2005, 01:47 AM »

Boussh is certainly the winner of the bunch for me. I don't know what to make of that Han. It really does nothing for me.

I like how the Boba pic hides the missle pack. Bah.

EDIT: And Jesse, I'm wondering about the articulation as well. Aside from Boussh, the other new figures look suspiciously like something we would have gotten at the tail end of Saga. Lots of cut elbow joints and awkward facial expressions. Hmmm.
« Last Edit: October 7, 2005, 01:51 AM by Jared »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: October 7, 2005, 01:52 AM »
Han looks good, but looks to sport about the basic POTF2 articulation points from the waist down and that blows on any new figure, especially one focused around action like Han was at the Carkoon battle.  Give him some knee articulation and at least make a mediocre effort.   :-\  It could still be there, but I'm less hopeful right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #102 on: October 7, 2005, 02:17 AM »

EDIT: And Jesse, I'm wondering about the articulation as well. Aside from Boussh, the other new figures look suspiciously like something we would have gotten at the tail end of Saga. Lots of cut elbow joints and awkward facial expressions. Hmmm.

I'm wondering if the Bib, Han, and Boussh aren't leftovers from the SAGA 04 line. Before the OTC line hit, we were supposed to get a new wave a month, but by my count we only got 10 with the inclusion of the 2 new waves in OTC and the 2 Post-OTC waves. It's possible these 3 figures were sculpted back in 2004 for release at the end of that year but got put on hold. It would explain why these are the only new TSC figures we have seen so far...
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #103 on: October 7, 2005, 02:23 AM »
Yikes... hmm.  Boussh looks like the only one I'll be getting.  Oh, I'll get Bib, what the hell, but man.  That Han isn't justifiable after the figures we've gotten the last two years.  I don't know what I was expecting, but he looks a lot like the one that came with that cardboard diorama thing.  Maybe they are holdovers.  It would explain them being first, which never made sense to me.  Kids/casual collectors have been clamoring in the aisles all year for Luke, Leia, Han, etc. and if I were Hasbro, just from a market standpoint, I'd put out something along the lines of the EB set (individual of course) that met that demand.

And yeah, if they're not reusing the VOTC sculpts just because, then why bother?  This entire set looks ca. 1997 (and it literally is for the most part in character selection).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: October 7, 2005, 02:33 AM »
enhancing the EE photo I see NO joints on Han's legs.  He's basically Captain Antilles if you're wanting an articulation breakdown.

Ball/socket neck, angle-cut elbows, wrists, basic hips, shoulders and waist.  Nothing flashy and CorranHorn makes a pretty good point that this could be a "leftover" kind of wave.  One can hope right?   :-\

Bib I'm ok with...  The face (open mouth) is meh, but the arms I see angle-cut joints at and I'm guessing wrist joints...  The robes are prohibitive to leg movement anyway so whatever, but on Han it is a bit of BS since Han was pretty active blindly killing bounty hunters and saving scoundrels during the Carkoon battle.  Some simple ball/socket knee joints would've made him as big a hit to me as the Cantina Wave of figures was.  All winners in my book.

On Boussh I'm seeing the knee joints, perhaps even ankles, but the arms look like they may be somewhat limited in poseability.  Cool nonetheless and she looks to have the most gear for sure.

BTW I for one am big into these holo figures.  This could be a cool way to get lots of little neat pieces to make things feel "worth" their price (if there's no hike).  There's also some neat potential that maybe Hasbro would do goofy stuff like Dejarrik pieces.  Could you imagine if we got those?  I'd dig that (A mail-away gameboard and some little half-assed rules would be an ultimate giveaway, but whatever).

I'm huge into mini-holos though...  I loved the little Sidious and I have extras sitting with other figures as an Emperor holo or in dioramas acting as an Imperial communication.  They work great as EU Imperial Inner-Circle Member mini-holographs too.