Author Topic: RichardTheBloody's Custom Figures  (Read 6925 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: 12 inch Jedi Knight Dooku
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2005, 06:00 PM »
Looks good man, did you upgrade the body also or is that a hasbro body?
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
Re: 12 inch Jedi Knight Dooku
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2005, 07:11 PM »
Looks good man, did you upgrade the body also or is that a hasbro body?

That's the original dooku body. I tore the neck post trying to take the head off originally <was planning on making a jedi luke> So rather than just toss the body, since it was just the one thing busted i swapped dooku's uniform and everything, except the boots, which i couldn't get to fit on the dragon feet, despite having shaved a bit of width off the foot itself. I was fooling around the other night and i managed to wedge a piece of an old Phono plug adapter i was using to make a metal Lightsaber hilt into the neck post that went between dooku's body and the head <there was a hole just big enough for the post stub to fit in...it's not perfect, or pretty, but it holds LOL> Now i'm torn...do i make a custom Quinlan Vos or Jedi luke, leaving dooku on his dragon body as is ?

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: RichardTheBloody's Custom Figures
« Reply #17 on: January 8, 2006, 03:21 AM »
Hi all, I've updated my photobucket page with some more pics of a couple other figs i'm working on...I'd originally planned to make a Custom Quinlan Vos out of what remained of Dooku, and a dragon figures head.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b174/Richardthebloody/12in%20WIP/

I may still go that way once i get some sculpey and black paint, but for now it's more or less dead. The same head i was going to use for quin turned out to look quite at home atop the clone trooper armor (it's a "Hit Team Don" head, for anyone interested).

http://photobucket.com/albums/b174/Richardthebloody/12in%20Clone-Dragon%20Head/

At a glance it looks enough like a young jango to pass for him, at least to me <shrugs

And lastly, here's a pic i took just for fun. I didn't have a 12 inch scale Boga, so i had to improvise tho, hope you like it :D

« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 12:53 AM by RichardTheBloody »

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 02:25 AM »
Posted pics of my Assajj Ventress WIP over in the custom challenge thread, as well updated my photobucket...

http://photobucket.com/albums/b174/Richardthebloody/

Enjoy :)

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2006, 01:49 AM »
Now since I haven't updated for awhile, I figured it was time for a lil update. I finished both of these over a month ago, but because of one thing or another, i never got around to taking pictures. WELL NO LONGER! I finally got off my lazy duff and took some pix.

First off: I finalized and finished my idea of what Count Dooku looked like before he left the Jedi Order. Thanks to my buddy Brent who confirmed that Dooku did INDEED have a green saber.

The "recipe"
Saga Count Dooku for the head, saber, cape and belt
Saga Obiwan for most of the outfit
Dragon body and boots
scrap cloth for the brown undertunic
Green plastic drink stir stick for the saber blade

other pics are here: http://photobucket.com/albums/b174/Richardthebloody/12in%20Jedi%20Dooku/

And my personal favorite, though i only made it for myself: Jedi Luke. I know it's been done by hasbro, sideshow, and of course Medicom, but hey, i was bored, and i've been wanting to do this since i got a loose dooku last fall (thanks Chris...you rawk man! :) )  I had to replace the inner neck post with a wooden pull bead from a ceiling fan. It doesn't stay on that well, but it's nothing a little glue won't fix, and besides, it's not that noticeable on account of the collar of dooku's uniform being so high. One downside to using the POTF Hoth Luke head...it has no neck of it's own like Dooku and most figures from after Episode I. I tried the neck post from Dooku, but it still sat low and didn't look right on account of the collar height. (sighs)

Anyway, onto the pix!

Your hate has made you powerful...

The "recipe"
POTF Hoth Luke head, lightsaber and gunbelt
Saga Count Dooku for the Body, boots and uniform top
ROTS Bariss Offee for the pants (because Dooku's pants were too poofy around the thighs to look right, unless i used a different body)
Green plastic drink stir stick for the saber blade

I was kind of agonizing over a few things, particularly do i use the spare body from the AOTC obiwan, which was narrower across the shoulders than the Dooku body, but which lacked ball jointed knees, as well as articulated fingers, in addition to being taller. I was trying to make as accurate a luke as i could. I didn't trim Dooku's uniform at all either, i just folded the "skirt" of the tunic up under itself and tucked it down the pants. Since the entire outfit is black, you can't really tell, even if you look at it in person. The belt covers it nicely as well. At the time i was hoping to use one of my own lightsabers for this figure, but it just didn't work out. The hilt i made was too narrow for the hands to hold, so i just used the Anakin hilt the figure came with. I had a little trouble with the belt as well, because it was originally brown, but thanks to a black sharpie, you can't even tell the difference! LOL Eventually i'll probably cut off the holster and set it aside, but for now i'm going to leave it. As i said, i didn't do it for any competition, just for my own amusement (plus i thought it would look really b*tchin :) )

So, enjoy. Sorry i took so long to get pictures up, but everything's been crazy around here of late. (folks i chat with on MSN know why)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 01:37 AM »
Ah, more 12" scale stuff!  It's always cool to look at, but since it's not something I collect, it's kind of hard for me to get into it.  Very nice work however, very impressive.

:P

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 1, 2006, 01:25 AM »
i'm surprised no one's tried to make a 3 3/4 scale jedi dooku, especially since the ROTS and EVO dookus have balljointed heads...just a quick headswap with a pilot obiwan or Agen Kolar, and a Dr Doom cape, and Voila! That's more or less what i did, but on a 12 inch scale. I may just try that anyway LOL

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 1, 2006, 02:10 AM »
i'm surprised no one's tried to make a 3 3/4 scale jedi dooku, especially since the ROTS and EVO dookus have balljointed heads...just a quick headswap with a pilot obiwan or Agen Kolar, and a Dr Doom cape, and Voila! That's more or less what i did, but on a 12 inch scale. I may just try that anyway LOL

Actually people have made jedi dookus before in the 3 3/4 scale.

I like your customs!  ;D
Does the troopers helmet fit?
It is a very nice clone, awesome customs!  ;D
« Last Edit: April 1, 2006, 02:11 AM by Clone Commander »
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 1, 2006, 11:05 AM »

Actually people have made jedi dookus before in the 3 3/4 scale.

I like your customs!  ;D
Does the troopers helmet fit?
It is a very nice clone, awesome customs!  ;D

Thanks for the compliments Clone Commander. I haven't tried hollowing out the clone helmet, but i did some eyeball measuring, and it looks like it would fit almost perfectly over the Hit Team Don head that i used for the Clone. It wouldn't fit on Obiwan's head tho (at least not without a haircut) Now if only i could find an old obiwan (ANH) lightsaber hilt that i could paint for my jedi luke. I could have just bought a jedi luke off ebay, but where's the fun in that? :P

Also I've got a question for the people that use dragon bodies regularly for 12 inch figures. Do they make them in different sizes to represent different heights? I want to swap the bodies, but don't want luke to be the same height as Dooku, who's the same height as the Obiwan in Clone armor. The original Dooku body i'm using was almost perfect, except he was too broad across the shoulders. It's just a minor complaint on a kitbash, but to me it ruins the look of the figure. (perfectionist, Moi!?! :P )

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: RichardTheBloody's Custom Figures- PILOT OBIWAN CONVERSION!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 4, 2006, 11:32 PM »
Just thought i'd share one of my newest customs with everyone. It seems to me that a lot of people want an SA Jedi Luke. Sure the Saga1/OTC Jedi luke is one of the better ones, but it could be a LOT better. So i figured, the Pilot obiwan is SA, and it has the right saber hilt (yeah yeah, those of you with FX sabers pipe down all right? LOL) I figured I'd try my hand at making a Jedi Luke from a little later on in the series...not quite Jedi Outcast/Academy Luke, or NJO luke, but just maybe what luke would look like in regular Jedi robes. This is my first attempt at painting a figure...EVER, and it needs a few tweaks to look right. I'm going to take some flat black paint and redo the body itself, i'll leave the boots glossy black, cause that's just how they are LOL. If the links don't work, the main page is here :

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/Richardthebloody/

Here's what i started with:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/rots0555obiwanfr.jpg

It doesn't really show too well in the pictures, cause my camera's crap, but i took a razor blade and "shaved" the beard and mustache off obiwan's face. The only problem is, he no longer looks like he has a mouth, but it's another little rough edge that needs to be worked on. LOL  Like it? Hate it? Feel free to post.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 5, 2006, 11:20 AM »
Not sure. I like the idea of the black outfit but can't see what you did with the face.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours