Author Topic: Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama  (Read 93008 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 8/12 - Jawa Children WIP
« Reply #270 on: August 16, 2007, 04:10 PM »
Thanks a lot guys.  I've actually made some progress on both of these.

Looks good so far brent. Cant wait to see them casted and painted.

Thats the big question... I've been debating on whether or not I should cast them.  In some ways, I'd like to see how the details come out painted before I go through the effort of casting them.  On the other hand, I'm not sure I'll want to cast them after they are painted (although I have no reason to believe painting will affect the casting process).  Also, with the undercuts of the arms, I may have to dissamble the Jawa in order to get him cast correctly.

Ah, decisions, decisions....

Quote from: Master_Prhuby
Are you going to be casting these or just leaving them as sculpty?

These are actually sculpted using Fixit sculpt so they are much more sturdy than sculpy.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 8/12 - Jawa Children WIP
« Reply #271 on: November 9, 2007, 06:05 PM »
Haven't been doing much SW customs recently, though I do have a bunch put together sitting on my work bench.

I have started collecting Kubricks and so I naturally decided they neede their own diorama.  I've shown this in some other forum thread but just in case the customizers don't venture out much, I figured I show it here too.

Here's my first one. 

Han Shoots First - Kubrick Style

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: Brent's Customs - Updated 11/7 Kubrick Diorama
« Reply #272 on: November 10, 2007, 06:12 AM »
I love it! 

I'm guilty of dragging my kubricks off to various sets for photo shoots, and would love to start putting together a more permanent setting for some of them.

A few ideas scribbled down for myself to remember and others to do a better job on:

vintage dewbacks absoultely rock with kubrick sandtroopers, and the saga escape pod is a good prop as well (Vintage tauntaun looks good with Han, but we need a hoth luke kubrick so we can use the wampa too)

the saga sandcrawler looks good with a team of jawas carting off R5-D4

The POTF2 Bantha fits right in with a pack of bricky tuskens

The action fleet ships look cool next to their pilots, even if the scale is off. I would like to put together a TIE hangar with a dozen ships and catwalks for the TIE pilots and misc imperials to be roaming

And then there are those bounty hunters looking for a good starfleet destroyer command bridge to hang around in

Nice work on the customs Brent, I'm glad you've taken kubricks to another level!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 10, 2007, 09:23 AM »
That is very cool. It looks like a little diorama set that should be sold.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 10, 2007, 09:41 AM »
Thanks guys!

Dan - those are some great ideas.  I remember seeing the Vintage Dewback with the Kubricks.  I'd already considered the Sandcrawler option as well  ;)  I didn't think about the Escape Pod.  That's a cool idea.

I've got more Dioramas being bandied about in my mind.  None of these are permanent displays just a little fun with displaying for photoshoots.