Author Topic: How Is Distribution?  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: How Is Distribution?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2003, 12:36 AM »

That sums it up for us here in Canada.  :'(

Quite
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: May 2, 2003, 06:39 PM »
One good sign that I've noticed over the past week though, is that it appears that the pegs have been widely cleared out.  Lotsa empty space, and most of the crappy old pegwarmers seem to have disappeared, so hopefully Hasbro's reps have been stopping by and pulling the garbage out to make room for some new stuff.  Hopefully all the new stuff that must be sitting in the back stockrooms is put out soon...

The day after I posted my assumption here, Mark over at RS made this news post confirming that indeed Hasbro's reps have been hitting the aisles and clearing a lot of the older pegwarmers out, so hopefully the huge backlog of 2003 Saga product will be hitting the shelves very soon.  Lots of catching up for most collectors out there from everything I've seen and heard lately...  So don't give up just yet folks - there may be a light at the end of the figure hunting tunnel here!   :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 2, 2003, 07:38 PM »
Dale, do these elusive beings known as Hasbro Reps exist in Canuckada?  I think not, lest they would recoil in horror at our TRU's laden with Nikto's, JarJar's and Mommy Tuskens.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 2, 2003, 10:14 PM »
Dale, do these elusive beings known as Hasbro Reps exist in Canuckada?  I think not, lest they would recoil in horror at our TRU's laden with Nikto's, JarJar's and Mommy Tuskens.  

So true. It really sucks up here. If I ever see a Hasbro Rep up here, I'm going to give him my rights as a collector. Maybe a few lefts too.  ;D  ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: May 3, 2003, 11:05 PM »
I hate to say it, but Hasbro's distribution to Chicago sucks.  Sorry to have gone to such an extent there, but not a single new thing since NOVEMBER!   >:(
dustrho

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 5, 2003, 05:06 PM »
very poor!  I have yet to see any of the new figures! I have not seen the head variations of the rebel and imperial officer...and I just finally got lott dod, teemto, tusken w/ massiff, clean endor, destroyer droid, ephant mon

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 8, 2003, 10:54 AM »
I think that Hasbros distributions stinks, period. It's never been good and the biggest problem is that they base their case assortments off of the assumption that kids are buying a significant portion of these figures when they're clearly not. That and their rule about always wanting to have main characters available to those who may be new to the hobby is just plain rediculous. We have so many incarnations of every main character that theres not enough interest or enough of us to buy them all up when they are released four per case. Just look at that brilliant move they made to re-release LAST YEARS Jango Fett again!!! This is just my opinion please take into consideration, but it really seems obvious to me that there is not enough of a kid fanbase to warrent the case assortments we have seen for eight years. My theory is no more than 2 of a particular figure in a case for more than two case assortments, and if you must release a case that contains twelve different figures then for crying out loud release that assortment four times.

I'm sure there are lots of holes in my theory but considering I've been only pondering this for a couple minutes at any given time whereas Hasbros crack team of yahoos have had eight years to come up with a workable system and to this day seem as clueless as they did back in 95.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 8, 2003, 01:57 PM »
Another collector on another board (Canadian) put forward the theory that distribution for current Saga figures sucks so badly because this is a rerun of the last waves of Episode I.  He is under the impression that production has been scaled back due to the switch in card color.  

whaddya think, is he nuts, or not?

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 8, 2003, 02:56 PM »
I've only found new figures at WalMart.  The problem there is that this is the only chain in the northeast that seems to be getting new figures.

Ditto. Here in PA I found a lone Acklay Battle Obi-Wan at Target, and then felt a disturbance in the Force beckoning me to Wal-Mart. There it was nothing but Jedi: Jedi droids (SP-4 & JN-66), Jedi chicks (Aayla Secura & Barriss Offee), Jedi master & student (Yoda & Chian), and Jedi MAMA-2B (Padme Amidala - Droid Factory Chase). The drought is over.

Now if I can find the speederbikes and a couple deluxe sets, I'll be happier!
Post sober.