Author Topic: CHEWIE's customs updated 06.22.2012  (Read 474965 times)

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Friday 03.10.06
« Reply #1920 on: March 10, 2006, 03:27 PM »
MUST...HAVE...JUDISSS!!!!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 11, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Don't worry CHEWIE, those figures should be able to pull in some cash. I don't know anyone who looks down on that, sometimes you just have to sell your work to get extra money. Nothing wrong with that.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 12, 2006, 07:54 AM »
Your Unloading some Good Stuff Chewie!

I think Judiss would make a fine addition to anyone's Cantina, Corascant Night Club, or Pod Race Arena Dioramas.

The Myggeto Seargent will deffinatly add some much needed Variety to Bacara's Army.

Good Luck Chewie,
Fritzkrieg

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 12, 2006, 01:15 PM »
Thanks guys for the support and nice things you said.

As for my next update, we'll see how today goes, I plan on dedicating several hours to the next photonovel.  I might not start any new customs until this next chapter is complete.

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 12, 2006, 06:25 PM »
Sorry I haven't commented lately, I've been real busy. I think my favorite from your last update has to be the SA Mace Windu. The Sora Bulq skirt and torso and arms look totally cool, and the parts seem to just flow together. Along with your awesome paint skills, this is probably the best and most practical Mace Windu that I've ever seen. Great job.

Jedi Master Haagen Daas- Heh, interesting name. The best part is that it actually can sound like a Jedi's name. The body and the paint application is superb, but I'm not a fan of the XD headsculpts. Still a great custom though.

Vaders Legion- Another great bunch of clone repaints. I'm too much of a wuss to even attempt a 501st, let alone any other movie-accurate clone. Once again, your customs stand out above the rest.

Battle Gear Mace- Cool parts and paint, and the head's pretty cool too since he is in "battle gear". Awesome job all around.

Jolan Karr- Pretty cool, I always liked the Zabrak species. He looks very Jedi-ish.

Aayla Secura- Nice custom. The clone shins look cool, but the clone hands make her own digits look really bulky. Maybe if you add some gauntlets it'll get rid of that illusion.

Clones disguised as Jedi- Really cool bunch of figures! They really seem evil, and the new addition looks really thought-out and well-exectued. They look like they could seriously cut down some Jedi.

All in all, awesome update. I just love your customs, and I can't wait 'til the Next Rykrof is up. I'm sorry to say I'll have to sit the Rykrof project out. I was hoping to find a Rebel Soldier at a toy show today, but had no luck at all. It's funny, being that there was like 1 on every table back in December.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 06:34 PM by Darth Nirvana »
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 13, 2006, 01:01 AM »
DN, thank you very, very much for your ever kind comments.  It's very much appreciated.  You always very nice, respectful and helpful to everyone here, and I really enjoy your feedback and getting to see your customs too.

I was able to work all day (14 hours) on the next photonovel and it's about 75% done, so expect it to be up this week.  Here's a few previews.

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Monday 03.13.06
« Reply #1926 on: March 13, 2006, 01:10 AM »
Hey Chewie!

Great photonovel update. I have to say, the Twi'lek girl is looking much better. Your paint job is so effective, I can't even tell which Twi'lek it was originally. The white Annika body blends really well in this shot.

My favorite shot is probably Bail getting his drink on. "Shay, Mon Mothma, Whattya shay we get out of theesh ruffly Shenatorial gownsh? Hic!"  ;)

I like the shot of Rykrof at the bottom...he looks pissed! I also like that his face isn't completely healed up, and Ralbaar's sly look. And is that a Freelo we haven't seen before?

The only thing I don't like is the two clones having EXACTLY the same dirt on their armor. I'd use whatever photo program you're using to mix it up a bit.

Can't wait to see where the story is going!

-DD
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 01:46 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 13, 2006, 01:23 AM »
Thanks DD!  I'm late and need to get to bed, but I totally agreed on the armor.  I changed it up a bit on the Clones.  Glad you liked the eye expressions on Rykrof and Ralbarr.   :)

On Jenesa, it's just an Oola head but it does look like a new one each time I look at her.  One of the few figures that I'm really happy with.

And Bail does look hilarious there.  I had been waiting to use that custom of him for a while.

Offline The Professor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My Custom Dioramas at The Jawa
« Reply #1928 on: March 13, 2006, 02:38 AM »
I love the Bail and Mon Mothma shot.  Nice variation on him with the Palpatine cloak.  I love to see their interaction and missed in the movie, so I look forward to it in your photonovels. 

Also, great "cloning" techniques on that last picture.
"Go plug the professor into the back!"

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #1929 on: March 13, 2006, 06:01 AM »
Great looking pics for the next update mate I'm always looking foward to seeing them and yet another great bunch of figures and I'm alwys amazed how well you do the back drops for your photo novel expertly done as usual.

Ron

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 13, 2006, 12:20 PM »
Nice Preview Chewie - reminds me that I still owe you some images of the band.  I'll try to get that taken care of.

The Twi'lek looks great!  I think the mods you made really improved this one.

Rykrof still looks like he's messed up.  Hopefully he gets some R&R

Are the clones superimposed on the image?  If so its great editing as I didn't detect it at all.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 13, 2006, 04:22 PM »
Thanks my friends, I really appreciate the feedback.  The photonovels are always a way for me to really use my customs for something other than collecting dust on a shelf.   :)

On the Clones, yeah they are digitally added.  I had taken a pic of one clone and ended up adding it to that pic to keep it in focus, and just duplicated it a bit and tried to change the weathering some as DD suggested I do.

There should be a new update in the photonovel series within a couple days.  It will be one of least digital ones so far, using sets for almost everything.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 14, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Nice Twilek Chewie. What body is that ? It looks familliar but I cant quite place it. The Rykroff in the clone pic looks like he gave as good as he got. I take it this pic was taken shortly after his escape.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 15, 2006, 11:04 AM »
Thanks guys, and I appreciate some of my fellow JD members bidding on some of those customs.  I hope you are happy with them.  I can ship probably on Friday. 

On the Twi'lek, that is an Annika figure from the Guru Planet (or something like that) website.

Anyways, last night I was almost ready to post the next Rykrof story.  Then when reviewing the pics, I just wasn't happy with how most of them turned out, especially a certain sequence.  So I retook about 1/3 of them and am a couple days behind now.  But here's a preview of one of the ones I did last night.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
Re: CHEWIE's CUSTOMS - updated Wednesday 03.15.06
« Reply #1934 on: March 15, 2006, 05:40 PM »
Hmmm...is that palpy?
Clone Commander Appo.