Author Topic: Commander CuDa's Customs  (Read 16918 times)

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
Re: Obi 1 head on clone body (updated with pic)
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2005, 12:07 PM »
How did you hollow it (the helmet) out and should I use a #41 clone ? I was kinda also thinking about a tank gunner because he already has a helmet ...  I just wanna make one bad now that I seen this one ... I have to say its my favorite obi ever. Naw I wont mess up a tank gunner ... I will do what you did soon as i get the kinda clone you used. Very cool

You could definitely use the #41 Clone (the only reason that I didn't was because he wasn't out yet when I made this guy).  Another alternative would be to buy a CW SA Clone Trooper (the Entertainment Earth figure) and use a Clone Wars Deluxe Clone Trooper on Speeder Bike (he had a removable helmet). 
To hollow out the helmet, just use a Dremel with a grinding bit.  It doesn't take too long, but you'll have to drill out a lot of the plastic.  One good thing about the bootleg clone helmet is that it's bigger than the SA Clone Trooper helmet (and thus, more in scale with the rest of the figure) and there is more room to hollow out. 
Here are some more quick tips:
- You need to pop off the helmet of the Clone Trooper body and cut off the neck-ball-joint, but make sure to leave 1 or 2 of the black neck rings (if you're using a #6 clone).  If you're using a #41 Clone, just cut off the neck-ball-joint.
- You probably don't need to cut down Obi-Wan's neck peg (although I did by accident :P), but if you find that the neck doesn't fit properly onto the figure (there should be a hole between the shoulders where the neck-ball-joint used to be), just take a small screw and screw it into Obi-Wan's head to act as a surrogate neck.  You can insert the head w/screw neck by placing the clone trooper body in hot water for a couple of minutes (to soften the plastic) and then push the head/screw neck into the neck hole. 

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing.  It's not that hard of a custom so you shouldn't have too much trouble.  Remember, the Dremel is key! ;)
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2005, 02:08 AM »
Where do you get a bootleg clone helmet ? 
 I also need a obi wan to get started other then that im gonna use the clone #41 to do this custom ... thanks for all the tips Im sure I would have been back on here asking questions lol . Tonight Im working on a custom slave I so soon as i get a obi then i will get to it... thanks again  ;D
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: SLAVE I CUSTOM Updated Pics will be online in 24 hours
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2005, 03:24 AM »
Ok well My Base coats are down and it looks pretty good . I still have lights details and need my side door,ramp, and need to replace the window bubble just cuase the one i had needed replaced. I just did the grey on it cause it was really scratched up pretty bad. I had to primer it and paint it .

the led lights are gonna go like this ...

1 in the cockpit pointing up at the face of the pilot from the joy stick area. (color red)
2 in the cargo hold (red)
2 on the bottom where the rockets are maybe 8 very small lights 4 in each rocket.

So im not gonna be done tonight thats for sure lol .

Heres whats done so far.

This bottom pic is not a complete job ... i just wanted people to get my idea a little better. Infact I repained the very bottom or back of the slave grey also and the chair inside the cockpit. More pics to come ... as you can see I can do custom hungry man dinners also ...

got any ideas let me know . . . and dont forget im replacing the bubble lol . and shading and texture will be the last thing i do .
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 08:12 AM by Commander CuDa »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2005, 03:51 AM »
Hey now, this is looking really sweet!  Can't wait to see the finished result CuDa!

:P

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2005, 04:32 AM »
 ;D Thanks !

Its now about 1:30 am my time saturday am .. and im getting kinda high from the paint  :-X
  so Im gonna call it a night and try to finish off paint and drilling tomorrow for the light's I might have to wait to put lights in tell I find what im looking for. But this thats the basic idea I have so far....

And I still need to come up with a ship name. I was thinking Slave C for cuda but Im still working on that thought also .... I can pretty much name it what ever I want I guess.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: SLAVE I CUSTOM Updated Pics. base paint is on Yay.
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2005, 12:37 PM »
Worked late on it, eh?  I know that feeling.  I worked until about 3am on my crap last night.  Feel like I'm hung over today!   :D

If I may ask, how did you make the cockpit cover?  Is it painted, or another material altogether?

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2005, 04:38 PM »
I thought I was going to go to bed about 2 am last night but wound up staying up all night working on this thing . I feel the same way chewie "hung over" I think the paint in the air in here has helped that though.
 The cockipit window was about 4 paint and dry sessions then clear coat. it looks good in the photos and actually in real life. But I need a new window becuase im putting lights in this thing someday soon. Another thing i thought of if i can find it was a spay mirror finish type of paint so it looks like a mirror . But with the lights it just wont work with a painted window. right now Im painting some of the side trim and should have a few updated pics in hour or two . Well back to work . (on 3 hours sleep) :o

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Heres an update still pretty far from being done .

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2005, 09:31 PM »
The Slave C (Slave I) repaint is done for now I have to wait for lights and then once they get here take it all apart again drill it and wire it... But I think this is the end result .The white spot on the nose is there becuase Im going to find a decal of a imperial logo to go right there soon as i find one that fits ... im not even going to try to do one by hand lol .

So what do you think let me know incase I make changes later on. Be honest incase I agree and make changes.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: SLAVE I CUSTOM IS NOW A SLAVE C AND ALMOST DONE LOOKY
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2005, 01:37 AM »
Wow, this is looking better and better (and is a great addition to this section).  We don't make enough vehicles around here... it's good to see something doing that.  You've put in a ton of work into this, and aren't taking any shortcuts that I can see.  I can't wait to see the final pics!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2005, 01:38 AM »
In order to get a helmet, you might need to get a full bodied bootleg Clone.  There used to be a ton of them on ebay...

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2005, 02:41 AM »
do I search for "bootleg clone" like that or somthing else lol ? I cant find any. Do they come on cards or are they just the fig and thats it ? Im searching right now lol .

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2005, 03:40 AM »
I don't see any of them on ebay either... there used to be tons of these on there...

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2005, 04:07 AM »
are the ones in that pic fake ? They look like the ones from the toon kinda

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2005, 04:17 AM »
They're bootlegs, yea.