Author Topic: Customs by Darth Delicious- Update 10.25.08!!!  (Read 162361 times)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated 4.15.06
« Reply #750 on: April 16, 2006, 07:39 PM »
Happy Easter. everybody!

Ripley: Always good to hear from you in my thread! Believe it or not, The Whipid's paint job looks much better in person...I'll have to try to get a pic that shows off the fur variation a little better. I have to give credit where it's due, though...all I did was try to imitate Chewie on this one. I never did a lot of dry brushing until I saw what great effects he achieved with them. You should check out the Commando books/game, they're quite enjoyable. As for the Trando, I am indeed going to give his cloak a wash, maybe some other camo...but as for the loud shirt, it was actually sort of intentional. For some reason while making this guy I imagined him as having no fashion sense.  ;D

Kit Fisto: Scorch is still tough to find, but since he's started shipping two per case in some waves, I've found had better luck. I'm sure one of us could hunt one down for you if you need it. The Null Arc is an EE exclusive clone (I had a tub of these thanks to Red5sixx) with these parts:

Modified Scorch backpack with some greeblies glued on
AT-RT Driver gun and bandolier
BBI Holster with styrene strips
Verpine is cobbled together from three different guns, all cut up
Stormtrooper rifle
The Detonator comes from some old Batman figure, I think
VOTC Jango viewfinder

Not pictured: Ration Pack (BBI figure)
Vibroblade: Kabe figure

Hemble: Thanks a lot for the compliments on the paint apps; that means a lot coming from you!

BrentS: The trandos are some of my favorite aliens...probably why I keep going back to them! Not to mention with their feet and claw limitations, it's always a challenge to do something fresh with them.

-DD

Back from the dead!!!

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: April 16, 2006, 09:38 PM »
wow DD, im filled w/ joy seeing those commandos. i myself was also thinking of doing omega and delta, along with etain, kal, and ordo.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #752 on: April 16, 2006, 09:43 PM »
Wow DD!  That black-armored Darman RULES!  Great work, he looks absolutely perfect (and much better than the stock Scorch figure, obviously).  The modified gun looks great too, I didn't even realize it was modified because everything looked so clean.

The Null ARC is well executed, but I was never a big fan of GaiaGear's version (although it was incredibly crafted, the design didn't really "do it" for me).  Still stylistic differences aside, your rendition does look great. I love all of the weapons and accessories.  Nice work as always.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 16, 2006, 11:42 PM »
DD,
I have a question about your Gladiator Whipid. Where did you get those cool looking shoulder pads and bandolier? I hope you robbed them from another figure for my sakes. They're awesome looking on him and wondering myself if they would look as good on another custom. That is one cool looking custom.

I was working on a Droid type gladiator about two years ago, but can't find him to finish it. I have to start again to look for it. Thanks for sharing.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: April 17, 2006, 02:04 AM »
Shapao: Go for it! I too am planning on making versions of Skirata, Jusik, Etain and Vau, but am waiting on some official pics of them to base them on.

Gregorbian: Thanks! I did model this one a bit after that 12" version (mostly the color) but tried to keep a balance of what we've seen from "official" EU sources and keeping in mind what gear a real commando might need in the field. As for Darman...two more to go (Atin and Niner) and I'll have my Omega Squad complete!

Roron Corobb: The Whipid's gear are indeed from other figures, but you may have a hard time tracking them down. The shoulder pads come from a Stan Winston "Realm of the Claw" figure, and the bandolier is made from a cut up accessory from an Ultraforce "Prime" figure. Good hunting!

Here's another update, a work in progress SA Scorch with removable helmet:

As you can see from his new feet I haven't fully painted him yet,  as I haven't found the exact yellow to match his armor.

Eventually I plan for all my commandos (At least Delta and Omega Squad) to have removable helmets, as I think it's just a lot more fun that way. (Although I may have to hit up Glassman for some helmet casts, as dremeling these out really sucks.)

-DD
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 03:01 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Tax Day, 4.17.06
« Reply #755 on: April 17, 2006, 06:50 AM »
Nicely done! I'd really like to make a removable helmet commando, now. I think you picked one of the better clone heads, too, as it looks very neutral instead of confused, or super pissed, or whatever other weird emotions the various heads display. Nice!
-Matthew H.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 17, 2006, 11:21 AM »
Looks good DD, a removable helmet is a nice touch on these guys.  The Null ARC Trooper to me though is just killer.  I love the paint scheme on him/accessories but what really stands out to be is the weathering - the white showing through looks very realistic.  One of your best I think!

:)

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 18, 2006, 05:23 AM »
Thanks, guys!

hyourittai, I agree on the Evo head...it's my favorite of all the clone heads, with the exception of Jango himself...but that head doesn't work for everyone.  ;)

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 18, 2006, 10:14 AM »
It's great to see this guy without his helmet on. Is this guy Scorch or another RC? According to the background information on the card, his name is Scorch because he burned his eye brows off. You should scratch them off. It would be a great little detail.

That NULL ARC trooper is really cool. I like that huge backpack he has.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 18, 2006, 04:17 PM »

DD You know as well as I do that I love just about everything you post on these pages. But the Null Arc is just about my favorite custom that you have done. Excellent job on that one. He looks bad AZZZZZZZZ.

Well, I'd love to do a removable helmet thing, but since I only ever found one Commando, and I whole heartedly believe that that is the only one Ill ever find. It doesn't look like that is going to happen. I'm liking that one too. BTW did you switch his legs or are those still the crappy legs he came with. I cant tell. Please dont take offense, it is meant as a compliment. :P

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 21, 2006, 07:57 AM »
Hey guys!

Phruby: I like your eyebrows suggestion. I think I'll make another head without eyebrows so I can swap them out. Maybe I'll do the same with Walon Vau, since he was Scorch's instructer and also part of Scorch's little "mishap."  ;D

Darth Ennis: Scorch has started to pop up more in my neck of the woods, so it will probably be the same with you soon. If not, I'm sure one of us here on JD can hook you up.

Since so many of you dug the Null, I'll post a few pics this weekend that aren't from odd angles so you get a better view of the custom as a whole, I was just trying to do something different with the photography.

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 24, 2006, 03:17 AM »
Well, no new Null pics as yet...he needs to be photographed in natural light for the detail to show up, and it was cloudy pretty much all weekend in my neck of the woods...but here's a few things I did get pics of.

First up is the ARC Heavy Gunner we see in the Clone Wars cartoon. Since the CW gunships are going to start hitting soon, I figured I needed to get to work on filling in the rest of the ARC's that went to Hypori.

I'm currently working on the ARC pilots and the backpack and pull-over guns for the Quad Gunner, since Hasbro cheaped out on us in the Hunt for Grievous pack.

Next up is some Cantina trash.

Sort of makes you wonder what the set-up to the joke was.  :P

You guys have seen the Mon Cal bartender before, but the snivian and the Rodian are new. The Snivvian was me experimenting with doing an updated Snaggletooth that reminded me of the vintage version I loved as a kid; the Rodian is either from the same crew, or maybe they're security for some space station, hence the similar uniforms.

Finally, a couple of works in progress, another Commando and Kal Skirata.

The Commando still has to have the knee articulation added, but I was really pleased at how his armor came out. I'm not sure if I want him to represent Niner from Omega Squad (If so, Ive taken liberties with the armor) or a different commando all together. Kal still needs a poseable pair of legs, a belt of some sort, and a paint job on the uniform and the hair.

-DD
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 03:19 AM by Darth Delicious »
Back from the dead!!!

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: Customs by Darth Delicious-Updated Monday, 4.24.06
« Reply #762 on: April 24, 2006, 10:11 AM »
That's a real spiffy paint app on the commando! I love the subtle colors! And the rest are quite nice too.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 01:52 PM by PenDragon »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 24, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Hey great update DD!  I really like the Snaggletooth body, I used that for an Ugaught once but your use is much betetr.  The Rodian looks very believable too and the Commando is great coloring choice.  But I like that Kal Skirata figure the most, it's really coming together nicely.  Can't wait to see your final result.

:)

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 24, 2006, 02:33 PM »
The dialogue between your customs always makes me giggle like a schoolgirl.  tee-hee!

I like the scheme on the Commando, very good use of existing lines to give it a new look.  The Kal takes the cake, though.  I always thought he'd be a tad shorter than the commandos, and the head is a great choice.  What head is that?