Author Topic: The "Photonovel Updates" Thread  (Read 111932 times)

Offline DarthToymaker

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: The "Photonovel Updates" Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 2, 2005, 08:14 AM »
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this board but I joined because of the photo novel section. I think it's great. There is some truly superb work out here.

It's also really great to see people producing 'serious' Star Wars adventures with action figures rather than just the spoofs that you normally get.

I run a site called The Action Figure Theatre that is mainly devoted to Doctor Who stories but we've just started a Star Wars Clone Wars story. Please check it out at www.actionfiguretheatre.co.uk. I'd love to know what you think.

Phil x

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 2, 2005, 10:43 AM »
Hey, everyone, quick heads up!

I'll be updating the interactive story this week-end, so if there are any final thoughts or last minute comments/votes/suggestions or questions, please get 'em in!

The voting has again broken into two major groups and the current tally, while close, definitely favors a certain course of action, a "Cautious" approach over a more "Aggressive" one.  But you can read all about it in the thread!
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2005, 12:19 AM »
Heads up, everyone!  Curto is putting Chewie's old stories BACK on TCU one at a time.  And with some SNAZZY new graphics!

Check out the beginning of the mind-bogglingly epic Rykrof Enloe saga!  See them again for the first time.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2005, 12:05 PM »
New Rykrof Photonovel up here in the photonovels section.   :)

:P

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 1, 2006, 02:18 PM »
My new series, SOLDIERS OF THE REPUBLIC, is up in the Photonovel section. Check it out!
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #35 on: January 2, 2006, 02:27 PM »
Okay, this may not really be the proper place for this question, but this is a thread about photonovels in the Customizing section of the forums, so I figured I'd give it a try:

I always enjoy seeing "up close" the wonderful figures that "star" in photonovels, so how about this: what would peple think if there were threads devoted to all the customs from a specific photonovel or series?   It's a great way to get an even closer look at teh fine work people do when making these photonovels.  Now come to think of it, maybe there already is such a thread for Rykrof Enloe customs, which would make sense since Chewie makes so many fabulous customs for that series.  And Quazar once had such a thread for customs from the Interactive Photonovel, though I don't know where it is anymore.   Anyway, to get to the point, this is something I would love to see more photonovelists do.  :)

And now, on a completely different topic... Vator, exactly what is going on in that bar table scene with Mon Mothma and Bail Organa?  It looks as though he's in the process -- emphasis on process -- of getting down on one knee to offer her an engagement ring, or some such... I guess i should read the photonovel to find out, shouldn't I?  :D

... the Findswoman

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 2, 2006, 03:49 PM »
Findswoman, that sounds like a pretty good idea.  I've actually been wanting to make a Hasbro style poster of all of my customs from the photonovels.  I know you haven't been commenting on the Rykrof series much, but it's good for me to know that you are still reading them.

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #37 on: January 2, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Thanks for the reply, Chewie.  I haven't commented on much of anything these days bec. school's just ended -- it's not that I don't think they're cool, which they are very much so.  I'm just starting to get back into the habit of doing so, and don't worry, your RE photocomics are going to be my next stop.  And if at some point you ever put them all on a CD together, please let me know!  :)

... the Findswoman

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 3, 2006, 01:03 AM »
I guess i should read the photonovel to find out, shouldn't I?  :D
... the Findswoman

Ha, well I'm sure that would help a great deal...however, I've never gotten around to posting the bloody thing.  :-[ Anyway, I'll be happy to post the text that goes along with that scene for you, so as to clear up any confusion.

Senator Bail Organa and Senator Mon Mothma await a friend at a cafe in the transportation terminals of the Senate building. Mon elaborates on her feelings about the recent executive ruling to allow Sector Authority Forces to route out the sources for the previous days attack at the monument, while Bail quietly observes the table below his elbows.

"Frankly Bail, I don't know why you're so suprised. This isn't the first time and it won't be the last time that The Emperor pulls something like this."
"But Mon, something has to be done to stop him. This tyran-"
"Careful Bail, the air is always filled with the sounds of love birds in the spring."
"I..." Bail silenced his potentially treacherous tounge. Audio Serveilance in all Public Buildings had been common place since the very beginings of the Seperatist Movement. When at last Bail regained the nerve to speak, he was interupted by a thrilling musical score indicitive of breaking news on the Imperial Holonet.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 3, 2006, 12:54 AM »
Ok, a new Rykrof is up, finally.  With a new chapter to follow very soon.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2006, 11:47 PM »
Not an update, but still something in the PN section I could use help with. I just posted a request for information from PN fans over there. Please stop in and leave your comments.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2006, 11:55 PM »
Some preview pics and a little taste of K.O.E. Chapter 2 in the Photo Novels section.

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #42 on: March 3, 2006, 01:18 AM »
K.O.E. Chapter 2: Enter the Killers. Now showing in the PN section.  :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2006, 04:56 PM »
SA has updated his Dark Illusions series.  New Rykrof chapter will be up soon too.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 11:55 AM »
I actually got off my arse and took some pics today, I may take a few more, to try to flush the short story out. Its not going to be anything fancy, and I have no idea when it will be posted, but I may have that damn photonovel I've been planning up and running soon.