Author Topic: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?  (Read 85463 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« on: April 30, 2003, 01:14 AM »
I think it looks really cool, but I am still yearning for a well done Clone with the quality of sculpt and articulation given to the CT Stormtooper.   I want an amry of great Clones.  The preview version is decent, but not good enough for a picky Wookie like myself.

Shouldn't Hasbro have made one from the get-go?  Wouldn't they have sold like hot cakes?  Will we see an all-around awesome version before EPIII figures come out??

:P

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Clone 3-pk ...does it suffice?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 07:54 AM »
I am not to sure about this pack yet. I will get one for my collection. I just hope they have at least the standard 5-point or more articulation.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 09:44 AM »
I'll be picking some of these up... that's for sure.  Lets hope it has a lot of articulation though.
dustrho

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 10:55 AM »
I think 2 of the clones from the upcoming 3 pak are sorta pre-posed in the prone and kneeling poses with one standing. Maybe that one will have standard articulation but I don't know about the other two. It would be cool if they could be posed to stand and assume their photographed positions. ???
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 04:10 PM »
honestly, Hasbro's a whacky bunch...

They could/should have made ONE mold with SUPER articulation and a neutral pose.  The articulation would've sufficed any action pose one could want (With a stand included), and the neutral pose would make the rest of us happy.

The figure could be cranked out again, and again, and again, and again...  You want new ranks?  Hasbro gives em to ya by cranking him out in just different decos.

You want a pilot?  Great, you get a pilot!  They need only sculpt a new head.

He'd be poseable to ride speeder bikes.  He'd be poseable to stand at attention.  He'd be poseable to kneel or lay prone.  He'd be poseable to march.  He'd be poseable to stand firing a rifle at the hip, shoulder, single-handed, or double-handed...

The dude would do it all, and Hasbro would have made maximum use from a single set of molds, and yielded maximum profits.

And to top it off, we'd not be having this discussion right now...  We'd either welcome extreme posed 3-packs of clonies, or we'd be seeing the clones in the 3-pack be the uber-poseable version we all wish Hasbro had the good sense to make.

Such is life in this hobby though it seems.   ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2003, 03:33 AM »
Yep, if Hasbro only had the insight we have! ;)

I agree Jesse, they could have done an all around great job on sculpt and articulation from the get go, and released it in the first wave of SAGA.

Then, later on, they could have thrown in a red version.  Later on, a blue version, and all the colors after time.

Along comes a pilot version next with only a different helmet.

Somewhere down the road, they could have made one with a removable helmet.

One day they could have made one with battle wear.

Another wave down the road could have been the original one again.

Yep, Hasbro sure missed the boat on this one, they could have made a ton of money off one ititial sculpt.  Dumb Hasbro Dumb!!!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2003, 01:51 PM »
At a price point of $9.99 per pack, I can live with it.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2003, 02:09 PM »
Why Hasbro didn't do one, definitive Clone Trooper sculpt is beyond me. Why they're CONTINUING not to do so in deference to even more pre-posed PVCs boggles my mind.

That said, I'll probably buy a couple sets. Not as many as I would have definitive versions like I mentioned above, but one or two. They're the green army men of the Clone Wars.
Post sober.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 5, 2003, 04:59 PM »
I had heard that they will be releasing a couple of different ones of these based on sales

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 6, 2003, 05:14 AM »
Jedirhino!!!  Great to see you here!  Did you see my post at nomad's?

I think you are probably right about the sales, if (or when) they realize this Clone pack is a money maker, more could be on the way.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 6, 2003, 07:09 AM »
Yeah I saw your post over at nomad's...I was kind of diappointed that the site is dying but I myself have had so little time to contribute...the school year is almost over and I will have more time soon...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: May 6, 2003, 10:27 AM »
Did you see my post at nomad's?

What's nomad's?  Just curious.
dustrho

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 6, 2003, 04:40 PM »
pub82.ezboard.com/bswuniversialgathering41459

It was an awesome site at one time...just a small group of us who trade together and talk..nice group of scoundrels, but has since really totally died...and we are looking for a new home...Chewie said this is a great place...nice people, no problems, so I figured I would try it out

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: May 6, 2003, 05:03 PM »
b...ut has since really totally died...and we are looking for a new home...Chewie said this is a great place...nice people, no problems, so I figured I would try it out

Well, we usually welcome the new folks over in the Newbie forum, but this is as good a place as any, I suppose.  With that said - welcome to JediDefender rhino!  And thanks for the referral CHEWIE!  Yep, a cozy, fun, knowledgeable, and very personal place we have here.  Glad to have you join in on the good times!  Everyone's pretty much on a first name basis 'round these parts, so feel free to spill the beans on your real names if you'd like...  8)  Enjoy, and let us know if there's anything we can do to make our site even better!

Now on topic:  Sure, I'd love to get an "ultimate" Clonetrooper - perfect likeness with ultra articulation for us to buy by the hundreds and pose as we please.  But I think Hasbro's thinking is that if they give us that (even though they'd have the lucrative offer of easy repaints), they can't continue to give us the rest of the gobbledy gook in the meantime, all of which we buy up over and over and make them even more money.  Seems to be the case with many SW figures really.  Just make one ultimate version for everybody, and recard it every few years if you like.  Seems like this would make good financial sense as well.

But many people (especially us completists) keep buying it all up regardless, so we keep getting all kinds of various sculpts and paint jobs of the different characters.  Oh well.  Just keep pounding the idea into Hasbro's head (like the riddance of the Action Features) and maybe they'll eventually catch on...

But in the meantime, I must say that I do like this 3-pack - even if they're each pretty much one pose wonders.  If you give me enough one pose wonders, I guess at some point I essentially wouldn't even need any articulation (though that would REALLY suck).  I do like the firing and prone poses with these Clones though.  Too bad the overseas bootleg market had to beat Hasbro to the idea by a good 5 months!  And if these 3-packs are really only $10 each, that would be one helluva nice deal.  Hopefully Hasbro (and the stores) sticks to that price!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 7, 2003, 02:10 AM »
Yep, nomad's was a heck of a forum for about a year, but only 5-6 of us were really posting there, and once a couple of us got sidetracked for a while, it really died down.  Now there's only about 1-2 posts a month there. :'(  But I'll always stop by there once in a while.

This does seem like a great forum, not too big, not too small, and everyone seems really cool.  My first name by the way is "Justin", you can call me that or by my screen name "CHEWIE", yep I'm the same CHEWIE from nomad's, yakface, and rebelscum.  And my little  " :P " at the bottom of each post is just my silly signature.  I have one for every site.

« Last Edit: May 7, 2003, 02:11 AM by CHEWIE »