Author Topic: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series  (Read 45267 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series
« on: January 6, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Since the monthly customizing challange is focusing on playsets this month and next, it was suggested we extend the group project to any character that appeared in the Clone Wars TV series. Since we've seen so many clones, lets try to avoid doing them and focus on other characters that havn't been done to death. There are some cool customs in the creatures that Ventress had to fight in the arena or some of the aliens in the crowd sequence where Anakin tracks down Padme. Maybe those weird looking tribal aliens from vol 2. A kick as Durge would be cool or his IG lancer droids.

You can make modern, vintage or cartoon versions of any character that appeared in the miniseries except clones. No alternate costumes this time around. The two main ones suggested are Snowbunny Padme and Yoda.

The deadline for this is February 28th.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2006, 03:58 PM »
ooooh you can count me in on this one. i'm planning on doing the Talz Jedi named Foul Moudama that carries Palpatine in Season 2 and fights along side Shaak Ti and Roron Corobb. i wanted to do this character anyhow as part of my planned "real world Clone Wars line" this will just get me to do him sooner  ;)

here is what he looks like from the sw databank site:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/foulmoudama/img/eu2_bg.jpg

now all i have to do is find a good deal on a Muftak & Kabe set....fleebay here i come  :P

it is ok if we do something other than Cold Weather Yoda or Snowbunny Padme? if not, I could see about cooking up a Cold weather Yoda.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 04:01 PM by darth_ripley »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 6, 2006, 04:00 PM »
That's going to be a very cool figure. Is the outfit going to be softgoods?

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2006, 04:06 PM »
i'm thinking the outfit would have to be soft goods since there aren't any Jedi robes that are big enough to fit him and i don't know about sculpting any....i like the soft goods idea anyhow. i think i can retool some extra 12" clothes that i have in my fodder bin. i have leather scraps i can use for the belt...and i don't believe he has boots, at least i hope not lol!  :P

i am just finishing up a soft goods Obi-Wan clone disguise from season 1 but i don't want to put that into this challenge.

ideally, it would be awesome to do an IG Lancer droid too....but i may have my hands too full with other stuff at the moment.

Offline Commander_Miseria

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Touching from a distance further all the time..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 6, 2006, 04:08 PM »
I may throw in my version of Roron Cobb. sounds fun to me. I'm also working on Captain Fordo right now, but if we're trying to stay away from clone customs, maybe i'll get to work on the jedi.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 04:08 PM by Commander_Miseria »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 6, 2006, 04:46 PM »
I've actually got a few ideas for this line.  I'm thinking about a IG-88 lancer, a Saesee tinn, and I'm still planning on a Padme snow bunny.  I recently finished a Clone Wars Republic Gunship that was sold to cover some SW collecting expenses.  Maybe I'll include that with my entry(ies).  I'm looking forward to my first Group Project!!!

I must admit, I'm a little confused on the dates for this group project.  Is this group project different than the other challenge thats running (Diorama challenge?).  If so are they occuring simultaneously? 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 6, 2006, 05:03 PM »
They are occuring simulatnously. Typically most group projects focus on one specific character. (ie. Biggs Darklighter, Mon Calamari dancer). This time we are opening it up to any character (except clones) in the cartoon series because the other customizing challenge is doing playsets.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 6, 2006, 05:12 PM »
can we have multiple entries? Can we enter clones as long as we also enter a non-clone characters?

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 6, 2006, 05:22 PM »
can we have multiple entries? Can we enter clones as long as we also enter a non-clone characters?
Since I'm new this forum, I kind of have the same question.   I assumed this wasn't so much a "constest" as more a motivation to get us to work on common themes/characters.  As such, I assume that would could have multiple entries (aka Bounty Hunters, Sith Lords, etc?) But like I said, I'm new and I don't know whats going on  :) :)

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 6, 2006, 05:42 PM »
Yeah, its not a contest just everyone going in the same direction kind of thing. sure the clones have been over done, but i'd love to enter my two ARC troopers. If i entered them i'd also be entering my Nelvaan Warrior, L8-L9 (bounty hunter from Gladiator pit), and maybe my jedi starfighter i did a while back as well.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 05:42 PM by Commander_Miseria »

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 6, 2006, 05:57 PM »
Well count me in Im going to work on my Padme. Usually they have no problem with multiple entries, so I dont see why this one would be either. The no clone stipuulation is kind of a downer, but he is right they have been done to death. But a seperate unnofficial thread for T.V. show clones doesnt sound like a bad idea. its just a thought, in the hopes to please everyone.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 6, 2006, 06:10 PM »
another thing I just noticed was " no alternate costumes". I dont know i this is gunna be a problem, because i have some differences between my customs and the animated version since i am making "movie style" figures instead. Is that alright?

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #12 on: January 6, 2006, 08:37 PM »
RORAN COrAB all right.
I think I may tackle this one. And with the new momaw nadon out this will be a good one to test my skills with. :D Phruby good idea

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 6, 2006, 10:38 PM »
By no alternative costumes, I mean no costumes that did not appear in the cartoon series. You can make a modern version of the costume but not something we can't reference in the show.

By no clones I mean no ARC troopers and no clones of any kind. Not even if they are standing in the background of your picture. You can make a jedi in clone armor as long as he was in the show in that armor. Basically, there needs to be a reference for all customs made. 

This is not a contest. There is no judging or voting. Its a way to get everybody to together on a specific theme or character. The idea of the group project is we post work in progress pictures as we work on them. We offer suggestions and ideas on fodder. Group projects have been going on semi-monthly since 2004 at RS, FFURG and here. You can make as many figures as you want.  At the end, they will get posted over at FFURG in the group project casting call. You can see previous entries here.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2006, 10:46 PM by Master_Phruby »

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 7, 2006, 12:27 AM »
Doesn't sound like there's a whole lot of options  :-[ I think thats a lot of limits to be posting for a project in a forum based on creativity. maybe i'll post the nelvaan if i get around to finishing him, but other than that i'm kinda turned off by the limitations.