Author Topic: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series  (Read 45376 times)

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
Re: Group Project X - Clone Wars TV series
« Reply #105 on: February 8, 2006, 11:53 PM »
Phruby, that snow bunny Padme of yours is looking great! i love the "fur" and the holster fits her well too. are you going to sculpt her cape too? i can't wait to see it completed.

Ennis - i really like your "real world" padme too, the fur looks super realistic. definitely a wonderful start.

Chewie - an ultimate mace windu sounds very cool - i'm anxious to see what you come up with!

i'm in the sewing stages on my 12" Kenobi in clone armor from season 1. a friend was nice enough to donate a Hammerhead to me so....with any luck i might have a Roron after all :D

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 9, 2006, 12:06 AM »
I'm about 98% sure that I'm going to sculpt the cape. I just can't find the type of fabric I want. I think it will be more dramatic looking anyway.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 9, 2006, 12:31 AM »
Those two Padmes by Phruby and Ennis are my favorites EVAR! 

Ennis, the cowl looks spot on - just like she would have had to tuck some hair into it.  I really like her boots and fur, and I still don't see anything awry with the breasts even after you mentioned it.  Great job! 

Phruby, what did you make her belt and holster from?  They look great.  The fur effect, is that achieved with elastic bands that have been painted over?  Only thing I'd suggest for her face is slanting her eyebrows up a tad, to give her a less sinister look.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 9, 2006, 01:35 AM »
Ok, here is my Mace Windu for this project.  It may not seem like all that much, but I'm finally happy with Mace Windu now.

Parts used -

head - SAGA Jedi Counil Screen Scene Mace Windu
torso - POTJ 25th Anniversary Obi Wan Kenobi
legs - ROTS Agen Kolar
arms - POTJ 25th Anniversary Obi Wan Kenobi
skirt piece - ROTS Agen Kolar
right hand - SAGA Kit Fisto
left hand - ROTS Arena Battler Mace Windu
robe piece - ROTS Agen Kolar

Then some 100% repainted other than the skin tones, and two black washes before sealing the paint, etc.

:P
« Last Edit: February 9, 2006, 10:32 AM by CHEWIE »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 9, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Phruby, what did you make her belt and holster from?  They look great.  The fur effect, is that achieved with elastic bands that have been painted over?  Only thing I'd suggest for her face is slanting her eyebrows up a tad, to give her a less sinister look.

The holster is from a potf2 fleet trooper. The belt is some model masking tape painted over. It just happen to be the prefect width. The leg fur is actually thin lines of sculpty painted over. I'm not sure I like the effect. I was trying to make it stand out a little bit. The arms are just a band of sculpty with indentions. I agree she does look a little pissed off in that stance and expression. I'm not sure how to change it since its the original wonder woman face. Hopefully I'll be able to hide the flatness of the cowl with the hood I'm making.

Chewie, that has got to be the ultimate Mace Windu figure. Great stance. Great flowing robe and the perfect expression. He's just so simple he is prefect. I'm glad you didn't go overboard on the weathering. What robe is that from?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 9, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Whoops, my bad - I forgot to add that to the recipe.  The main robe piece is just from the ROTS Agen Kolar.  Glad you like him, he's definitely my favorite Mace now that I have.  It was one of those figures that I'm just so tired of Hasbro not making look decent.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #111 on: February 9, 2006, 10:42 AM »
Chewie, That is a much better mace.  I wish hasbros looked as good as yours.

Phruby,Wonder Padme is lookin great. Looking forward to seeing how you
handle the cape... Is it gonna be flowing?

I'm waiting for supplies to arive. I have my 2 figures all mapped out as far as parts... Just need to
make the mold/casts  and sculpt the heads.

But i will get started this weekend... How's that paul 2 weeks ahead of the deadline.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 9, 2006, 11:59 AM »
So far Im liking your Padme Phruby. Granted she does look a little pissed. BUt if assassin droids were shooting at me and my effiminate protocol droid I'd be pissed too. I don't think theres anything wrong with the fur on the boots myself I think it looks pretty good. The belt and holster are dead on too. Good choice.

Chewie I'm lovin the Mace, I was planning to do something similar with a pilot Obiwan, but I could never find one after I got the idea. He looks store bought, but your customs always do. all the different peices fit together very well. Excellent job as always.

Oh how I wish I would have snagged more Pilot Obi-Wans when they were clogging up the shelf. I'm not really sure what happened to them all. They seemed to dissappear over night.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Ripleys Obi wan. 1/6 scale customs are a lost art, and I love seeing new ones whenever I can.
« Last Edit: February 9, 2006, 12:20 PM by Darth_Ennis »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Yah, Ripley's is going to be cool. Odds are she will finish it around April.  ;)

Great job so far Ennis. I really like the modern version of Padme your making. She will be much more in scale than my toon version. Do you have an idea for the holster? The fleet trooper holder might work.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2006, 06:47 PM »
For reference, here is the one that Owen D. made a little while back -

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2006, 09:30 PM »
I've got a Padme WIP but I haven't been able to take any photos yet.  I just acquired a Bariss Offee in a trade and I may use her cloak for Padme.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2006, 01:33 AM »
Yah, Ripley's is going to be cool. Odds are she will finish it around April.  ;)

i might just surprise ya Phruby and make it on time for a group project  ;D

my husband helped me do the sewing on the robe and i got the face and hair painted so Obi-Wan isn't so pale and ghostly looking. all i have to do is paint the clasps holding the robe tommorrow, i just got those sculpted tonite. i also got the armor sewed onto his body suit too, so i am close to completion honest!  8)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2006, 03:15 PM »
I made the mold for the parts i'm using yesterday.
I may cast a few pieces tonight and see if i can get the body together
minus the head.
I may get both figures done.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2006, 12:11 AM »
I just got my entry for the group project complete well ahead of schedule! i know hard to believe...but here is my 12" Obi-Wan in Clone Disguise from Season 1.

I used a Dragon body, attached the hands and feet and put the AOTC Hasbro head on. the armor is a combination of AOTC & ROTS Clone armor, i put together the best of both worlds. the clone helmet is hollowed out, but i can't get it hollowed out enough to fit over Obi-Wan's head, which is a bummer, but i would have to split it open in the back to even hope to clear his nose. the robe is made from a Hasbro jedi robe, modified and re-sewed. the clasps are plastic knobs that i modified with some sculpy. i also repainted the Hasbro head so its not such a pale white, but more of a flesh tone now, and i did some dry brushing to the hair too. i'm pleased with how he turned out over all, and the sewing turned out better than i thought which is very cool. i included the little 3 3/4" Obi-Wan Clone Season 1 that i had made a few months back just for fun & comparison.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2006, 12:36 AM »
I just got my entry for the group project complete well ahead of schedule! i know hard to believe...but here is my 12" Obi-Wan in Clone Disguise from Season 1.

I used a Dragon body, attached the hands and feet and put the AOTC Hasbro head on. the armor is a combination of AOTC & ROTS Clone armor, i put together the best of both worlds. the clone helmet is hollowed out, but i can't get it hollowed out enough to fit over Obi-Wan's head, which is a bummer, but i would have to split it open in the back to even hope to clear his nose. the robe is made from a Hasbro jedi robe, modified and re-sewed. the clasps are plastic knobs that i modified with some sculpy. i also repainted the Hasbro head so its not such a pale white, but more of a flesh tone now, and i did some dry brushing to the hair too. i'm pleased with how he turned out over all, and the sewing turned out better than i thought which is very cool. i included the little 3 3/4" Obi-Wan Clone Season 1 that i had made a few months back just for fun & comparison.

Well that totally makes my General Kenobi look like crap. :( How did you get the clone hands off? Did you just boil and pop? Or something else?