Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 362598 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #615 on: August 23, 2007, 01:18 AM »
Some Targets have taken to putting up a sign in their TF section regarding the "production delay" and are basically pointing the blame at Hasbro. I saw a pic of it on Seibertron's forums, but I haven't seen it locally. It doesn't make that much sense, since they'll have the G1 repaints soon, so maybe it's just that one Target.

I really can't blame Hasbro for playing it conservatively when it came to production numbers on these toys. Everyone from here to the Moon hated the robot designs when they first saw them, and Hasbro pays attention to that stuff.

But I still want my ******* Concept Bumblebee, goddamn it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 23, 2007, 08:55 AM »
Yeah, still just nothing here either - with Deluxes in particular.  I don't know how much more I'd be able to pick up anyways, but like everyone else, I'd really like to get an 08 Concept Bumblebee.  Pretty barren at all stores around here though.  TRU has the protoform deluxes, and Wal-Mart might have some Swindles, but Target doesn't have anything anymore in the "regular" deluxe Transformers section (or Leader/Voyager class either at this point).  I was just telling my wife when we were there yesterday that I feel kind of bad for parents if this doesn't improve - because come Christmas time, I'm guessing Transformers are going to be on a lot of kiddos' wish lists, and there won't be any to be found.  I guess they could always get Cybertron figures, which are rumored to maybe be re-released to cover the lull.  Disappointed kids either way :).

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 23, 2007, 10:22 AM »
Wait - they make these things for kids?  Huh.  Who knew.

;)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 23, 2007, 10:45 AM »
I found Big Brawl this morning at Target.  Of course the pegs were still a barren waste land, but it was nice to finally see something new there.  He's pretty short for a leader class toy, but he's damned bulky.  I'm just *hoping* that he holds together better than his deluxe conterpart..
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 23, 2007, 12:18 PM »
But I still want my ******* Concept Bumblebee, goddamn it.

Right! 

Nothing here either.  I was in my local Wal-Mart and one up the road about 45 minutes that I don't get to often.  Neither store had Deluxe but they both had a ton of the Cyberton vehicles.  I don't even recall seeing a lot of them at my local store when they were first out so it's kind of sad. 

Target keeps putting the Real Gear stuff in the Deluxe slots which is just kind of annoying at this point. 

But it's not just Transformers although they're the worst culprit right now.  None of Hasbro's stuff is stocking consitently here.  Not TF, not GI Joe (after the initial rush) and not Star Wars TAC.  You can tell the difference between stores just not getting new stock and stores not having supply from Hasbro and right now I think it's a lack of supply from Hasbro.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 23, 2007, 08:46 PM »
Stopped by my local grocery store on a milk and popcorn run, and noticed they had some of the TF movie toys. Picked up the smaller Legends class Ratchet.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 23, 2007, 10:53 PM »
I love these Legends figures. For one thing, I can find them, and they're only $5. I have Prime and Jazz so far.

They remind me of the minibots back in the G1 days.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 23, 2007, 11:39 PM »
With the exception of Iron Hide, I'm really not liking the movie figures.  All of their faces look goofy to me.  I swear, every time I see one I think of that robot from "Short Circuit"...Johnny #5.   ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 24, 2007, 12:08 AM »
I swear, every time I see one I think of that robot from "Short Circuit"...Johnny #5.   ::)

"No disassemble!"

That and the sequel are the 3rd and 2nd best late 80's comedy, next to Ernest Goes To Camp.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 24, 2007, 06:06 PM »
Picked up the G1-ish repaints of Starscream and Jazz today. Jazz looks really good. Starscream I'm not sure of, but I thought it wise to pick it up, especially since Thundercracker is on the way.

I picked up Ironhide too. I got him at TRU, where I saw the TRU exclusive Legends six-pack that had Starscream in it, who I haven't seen packaged singly. I almost bought it, but I'll leave it for later.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: August 24, 2007, 06:19 PM »
Best Buy exclusive Ratchet and Megatron

Nice. Kind of sucks I bought the regular Voyager Megatron, but I don't have Ratchet yet. I think I'll just get this one as long as they aren't $30 each.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: August 24, 2007, 06:29 PM »
Actually, that Ratchet looks pretty cool.  I haven't bought him yet either and didn't think that I would, but the repaint looks pretty good.  Like you said, if it's not $30 maybe I'll pick one up.

I'll probably pass on the Megatron, though.  I didn't really care for the figure although I thought the design looked cool in the film.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 24, 2007, 08:08 PM »
I swear, every time I see one I think of that robot from "Short Circuit"...Johnny #5.   ::)

"No disassemble!"

That and the sequel are the 3rd and 2nd best late 80's comedy, next to Ernest Goes To Camp.

I actually just received my SC2 from Amazon  :P

But how in the world could you have forgotten this classic  >:(   :D

Oh....Encore Ratchet and Ironhide are up next
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: August 24, 2007, 10:30 PM »
But how in the world could you have forgotten this classic  >:(   :D

Bah... Just looks like an ET rip-off to me...

:P

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 24, 2007, 10:42 PM »
Oh....Encore Ratchet and Ironhide are up next

Sweet. Got my set preordered.  :)