Author Topic: Okay People, Stop Killing your Kids  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
Okay People, Stop Killing your Kids
« on: January 20, 2006, 03:51 PM »
Wow -- twice in one week here. :'(   Last week a woman in a rural part of the county set her double wide on fire in the middle of the night and left her two young children in it to die. 

Just this afternoon a father in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in Charlotte called 911 (my brother was the dispatcher) and said that he had hurt his twin 5 year old daughters because they were acting up and that he was going to kill himself.  When Medic and the Fire Dept. arrived they found one the little girls on the front lawn with a buther knife in her chest.  Unfortunately both of the girls died and the father is now in custody.   :'(

Just before Christmas a 3 month old girl was admitted to our local hospital with both arms and both legs broken, multiple rib fractures and a fractured skull.  Her father was arrested for that.  On Christmas Eve a 6 month old baby boy from Charlotted died from a beating his father gave him.

What the hell are these people thinking? >:(
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Re: Okay People, Stop Killing your Kids
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 04:03 PM »
Its a good thing people who hurt children are treated like **** by the fellow inmates in prison. I'd give all those people life without parole. You have to be ******* sick to do those things.  >:(
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 04:12 PM »
How do prisoners actually find out about their fellow inmates' crimes? I'd think there'd have to be some sort of outside source involved. Do guards slip out inmate's info to other inmates?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 04:24 PM »
How do prisoners actually find out about their fellow inmates' crimes? I'd think there'd have to be some sort of outside source involved. Do guards slip out inmate's info to other inmates?

If I were a guard I definitely would. Those people deserve to be hurt repeatedly for what they did.
"This is the way."

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 04:27 PM »

Yeah. When you get to prison you get a little sheet that says all your stuff on it, including what you are there for. People will look at your sheet or steal it if they don't believe you. Word spreads fast, and guards could care less about stopping people from learning what those bastards did.

(Don't ask me how I know all this.)*

* I saw a tv special on it once.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 04:56 PM »
Sadly it doesn't take any brains to reproduce, the hard work comes later and a great many aren't prepared for it.  A coworker/friend of mine is engaged to an RCMP officer and occasionally needs to vent to let the stress out.  I've heard a great many things you'd like to think don't exist, but they do and they're remarkably common.  I assure you, there are many, many people in the world that genuinely deserve to die. 

Parenting should be licensed, but never will be.  I admit I have no clue what the criteria should be and often in many cases like Tracy listed above those parents WERE good at one point and snapped.  Sometimes you can see it coming, many times you cannot. 

It's just sad. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 05:19 PM »
Parenting should be licensed, but never will be.  I admit I have no clue what the criteria should be and often in many cases like Tracy listed above those parents WERE good at one point and snapped.  Sometimes you can see it coming, many times you cannot. 
It's just sad. 

It IS sad.  Apparently this man lived in nice, beautiful home, was a big-wig at Wachovia Bank, was by all accounts a loving, involved father (they also had 3 older children) with no known problems.  But who really knows what goes on inside a family?  You just never know.  I guess some parents are total pieces of **** from the get go, and others cave under the pressure and don't take care of it before it escalates to this. :-\
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 06:58 PM »

Yeah. When you get to prison you get a little sheet that says all your stuff on it, including what you are there for. People will look at your sheet or steal it if they don't believe you. Word spreads fast, and guards could care less about stopping people from learning what those bastards did.

(Don't ask me how I know all this.)*

* I saw a tv special on it once.

You're right, all the info is available.  Plus the court cases can be looked up in the law library unless the specific case is sealed.  The law libraries in prison can be just as good as any so it's available. 

Also most prisons use inmates for garbage detail, cleaning, all sorts of things where they have access to info.  Many times they know info about what's going on in the prison before all the guards find out*

*I'd reveal my source but the CO is looking over my shoulder.   ;)

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 11:10 PM »
Not nessisarily a murder, but locally a set of parents just lost custody of their kids, because they were using chains and padlocks to restrain their kids for up to 6 hours at a time. That's absolutley rediculous.

Another case that popped up was that a father beat his 7 year old girl in such a terrible way, and he said somthing along the lines "I wouldn't say she deserved it, but. . ." and it's god damned rediculous.

I came from an abusive home before I moved in with my grandparents in 10th grade. My mother and her husband got extremely abusive. The final straw nearly killed me. Various things happened, including being bodyslammed through an oak kitchen chair, getting kicked in the ribs hard enough to crack my ribs, and embed my Yankees jersey into the wound. I also got pushed by my chest on the edge of the counter and my back made a perfect 90 degree angle. Eventually I passed out from the pain.

Finnaly some one had the good sense to call the police, and some one came and saved me. I had been choking on my own blood as well, I'm told, so it would have been the second time I croaked.

But it's amazing what people will do in the name of "parenting."

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 11:54 PM »

I agree with this statement.  If you're going to kill your kids, try not to have any in the first place.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2006, 04:27 AM »

I agree with this statement.  If you're going to kill your kids, try not to have any in the first place.

Killing pregnant women was soooo 2004.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 06:24 AM »
And CYS and other "protective" services are such a help...   ::)

In my neck of the woods a child killing made national headlines when some trash that live in the township outside the town I live in starved their daughter to death and put her in a cooler...  They locked her in the attic I guess.

CYS had been called and they did nothing at all...  They were met at the door, told "she's not here, go away", and left it at that...  For them, it's paperwork and hastle, and they treat it just like that.

I've had my own experiences with CYS in 3 counties due to my brother's skanky ex-wife, and I was told (and I quote), "The only way we can take action is if there is broken bones or death, otherwise our hands our tied and it's all heresay".  The police more or less said the same thing, and that without CYS actually doing something about it they can only respond to incidents and refer everything back to CYS who in turn do absolutely nothing. 

The last go-round had CYS going to my brother's ex-wife's house, and her slamming the door on them with some lovely advice on what they should go do to themselves.  The Police said it's not their place to get involved, and that CYS has to handle it, and CYS said they can't go into the parent's home if they aren't wanted.  Also they were to bring in psychologists, and my brother's ex simply refused to meet with them, and only did so at the magistrates where she lied through her teeth about her behavior.

Government agencies like that are a joke because they're underpaid for the aggrevation they get on the job, so the workers just say "F It" and refuse to push things unless you harass them about it, and even then they'll flat out lie to you to get you off their back.  It's a joke, and the same feelings apply to our Keystone Cops that we laughingly call our local Police Force...  Wish we'd close up shop on those knobs too and just hope the State rolled through town once in a while because our local yocals are a huge waste of tax payer's money.  The one guy's so damned old he couldn't catch herpes in Bangkok whorehouse.

Sorry, just a little rant against our less than civil servants.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2006, 11:43 AM »

Just this afternoon a father in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in Charlotte called 911 (my brother was the dispatcher) and said that he had hurt his twin 5 year old daughters because they were acting up and that he was going to kill himself.

Charlotte is still Charlotte. Not exactly a shining beacon of model citizenship. #53 in murder count in 2003, per 100,000 people in  2003. Having gone to school in Charlotte, and working for the Hornets on occasion, it's a slum outside the industrial district.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 11:45 AM by Cory H. »

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Charlotte is still Charlotte. Not exactly a shining beacon of model citizenship.

No -- but he seemed to be.  He and his wife were highly educated, very active in their children's schools and sports teams, their Church, and their community.  It would appear they were pretty good models of citizenship.  The family moved here from So. Cal. a couple of years ago -- you mean Charlotte corrupted him that fast? ???  Nearly every city I've every been to is quite slummy on the outskirts.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2006, 03:54 PM by tamidala »

Offline GeneralBelIblis

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2006, 04:55 PM »
you saying something against my hood? lol. jk charlotte is pretty bad in a lot of areas, you just have to know where to hang out. i heard that this guy had cancer on one of the news stations. maybe some drug he took messed him up bad or something. that seems a little out there but the whole case is wierd.