Author Topic: Vehicle Repaints and Re-releases: Any You Want To See?  (Read 21290 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Repaints and Re-releases: Any You Want To See?
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 12:33 AM »
I don't think I have room for any more any ships. :P

However, everyone seems to be forgetting that we're getting a properly scaled MF from Attkus this year. Well, at least half of it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 12:44 AM »
To be fair, the general toy-buying public (A.K.A. kids) is more likely to want a Falcon than some weird orange thing that appeared in the background of only one movie.

Oh, I have no doubt that given the Falcon's visibility in the films, kids would choose it 9 times out of 10 over the Cloud Car were money not an object.

The problem is that considering the poor sales of the OTC Falcon at retail (or as TRU's literal cornerstone of the SW display  ;D ) last year, kids not giving a flying flip about Star Wars toys, the high price of the item in the days of rising gas prices and video games, and the fact, whether Hasbro wants to admit it or not, that collectors are going to be the ones to keep this line alive next year, the Falcon at this point is the one of the most questionable ideas for a repackaged vehicle at any retailer, much less TRU, which is sitting on mountains of the OTC at regular price already.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 01:04 AM »
I'm not a terribly big fan of Hasbro's vehicles overall...  I've widdled my collecting habits down to where vehicles aren't something I have to have to feel "complete", however the pack-ins still snag me generally.

Anyway, I can't think of anything I'd want re-released at this point...  It's not interesting to me I guess and I would rather shelf-space and finances were turned to new sculpts of old stuff, or new sculpts of new stuff...  and just hope they turn out as I'd like.

On that note though, I'd like to see:

-new to-scale AT-ST
-new to-scale Snowspeeder
-new to-scale Lars Speeder
-new to-scale Y-Wing
-new to-scale B-Wing
-new to-scale X-Wing

etc...  AT-ST's probably tops on my list I want done up like the Saga Landspeeder.  Snowspeeder definitely is 2nd on my list then the rest are up in the air.

Vehicles are a real mixed bag though so I'm just not interested in repainted/re-released stuff.  Not my bag.

I liked the A-Wing though at least. :)  That was nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 09:00 AM »
I still think that they should make a new Snowspeeder that would be to scale.  The Vinatge one, while awesome, is waaay to big. The new one should only be like 7 or 8 inches long.  It could be sold with a Luke pilot figure in a cool display box.  I think it would sell like mad, just like the beautiful Saga Landspeeder.

This is a good point.  It would really be cool if Hasbro could do an all-new Snowspeeder, in the style of the Saga landspeeder.  That landspeeder was just a great vehicle, and one of my favorite piece in my collection.  Accurately scaled, painted, etc., and something they could do at a reasonable price.  The snowspeeder is the same type of story...it is something that could be done, price-wise I think.  Of course, like Jesse mentioned (and all of us feel this way), it would be best to get all the vehicles re-done to a more proper scale.  I realize that some (many?) like the Falcon, AT-AT, etc. are unreasonable.  They would be ginormous and have pricetags that would scare all the retailers away.  However, ships like the Snowspeeder have a size that could probably be somewhat manageable...and at a decent pricepoint.  We probably won't see it, but it would be nice.  That said, which vehicles are somewhat in the right scale that we have at this point?

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Vehicles I'd like to see...

*New*
Imperial Star Destroyer (It would be underscaled, I know, but it would still be cool)
AT-ST
The Ebon Hawk
TIE Defender
TIE Crawler

*Repacks*
TIE Bomber
TIE Interceptor

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2005, 10:21 PM »
The snowspeeder that Hasbro currently has is probably the only vehicle that is too BIG.  It should be small and more compact.  It's really only two guys back to back, without much more to it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 10:55 AM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 10:33 PM »
Agreed, and I hate that fact...  However the Speederbike is also too big.  I'd LOVE a resculpted bike with a "stand" for it so it appears to be hovering.  Pack in a SA Scout and I'm on cloud nine.  :)

The Snowspeeder's one I'd really like resculpted, as is the AT-ST.  Probably my top 2 resculpts actually.

As far as re-releases, I'm all for a grey Darth Vader TIE Fighter re-release sans projectiles.  If they did a damaged wing one, that'd be even cooler.  I'd also take a grey release of the ROTS TIE Fighter too. 

I'm not opposed to a TIE Bomber re-release either.  It's a to-scale ship and all.  The problem is though that the last release didn't do as well.  Too soon I think.

I'd like a blue "Ralph McQuarrie" release of the A-Wing...  I'd also kind of dig it if Hasbro re-released an EU paintjob on the Landspeeder (Saga) too.

And if the CC mold exists, I think it's a must with a variant pilot.

I'd take an AT-RT with the basic carded figure as well, and a new, more realistic paintjob.

Beyond that though, I'm more wanting new versions of vehicles than re-releases.  And I'd avoid the larger things like AT-AT's and whatnot.  They've proven they don't sell, and to me they're just an anchor on the modern line when they come out to thunderous silence.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2005, 12:58 AM »
Y-Wing both of them
Imperial Shuttle
Tie Interceptor
CW Anakin Starfighter
I remember my dream now.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2005, 01:36 AM »
Imperial Shuttle
Bantha
Snowspeeder
AT-ST
Eopie

aka "vehicles and beasts Ben doesn't have yet."
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2005, 08:51 AM »
Snowspeeder and an Eopie. I am not a fan of the ships though I do like the beasts. I wouldn't mind seeing the Rancor or the Ep. II arena beasts again either.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2005, 01:22 PM »
Here is some new info on what is  COMING in  2006 and the beggining of 2007!!!
I can take credit for the list it came off Rebelscum, look l00% legit.

****A new sculpt of the Dewback!!!!   maybe there are some others!!!!!

Gold Leader Y Wing pilot

SnowSpeeder with Zev pilot-Toy R Us Exc

***Cloud Car with Saga Pilot-could this be the year!!!! (New Sculpt)

Tie Interceptor-redone without battery pak

B-WingFighter-Pilot-  could we finally get vintage b wing pilot

Federation Tank-with two battle droid!!!!

****Tower Droid-WTF new sculpt-I have not got a clue!!!!
****Gunship Pods Exclusive-come with 2 clonetrooper attack to gunship!!!!
****Trade Fedreration Gunship-as seen on Kaysheek-blue one
****Pod Walker-half of the at-Te. 

This is source is rated to 99% accurate!!!!!!!!!!!

More News later.....

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2005, 01:23 PM »
Forgive the grammer- I can not take credit for the list !!!!!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2005, 02:30 PM »
The Eopie is the big one for me.  I remember asking them at C2 if I should wait or give some guy in the hall $75 for it, and they sort of indicated it would appear somewhere, but alas.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2005, 11:51 PM »
The cloud car is a must.   I'm generally okay with various paintjobs so long as they appeared in the movie, so X-wings, A-Wings, etc... are fine with me (throw in a new pilot and we're golden).

Other than that I think they've exhausted all of the vintage molds that I'd like to see remade.

I know it's not a vehicle, but I'd love it if they'd re-tool Yoda's Hut and the Ewok Village and the Death Star as well. 

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2005, 01:23 PM »
I don't even think they need to retool Yoda's hut - it's just needs a repaint.

The Ewok Village and Death Star Playset (as they were originally) would never sell in today's "get 'em in, get 'em out" retail chains...