Author Topic: Vehicle Repaints and Re-releases: Any You Want To See?  (Read 21301 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicle Repaints and Re-releases: Any You Want To See?
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2005, 01:50 PM »
I agree, the Cloud Car is a definite must...and one I think is do-able at retail.  It isn't huge, so it should easily fit into the $15-$20 range as an exclusive somewhere (probably Target, if anywhere).  I'm glad to hear that we're rumored to see the AT-AT and Snowspeeder next year as well, those are two that I missed out on the first time and have always wanted.

I like the playset idea too, and it would be cool to see the Yoda/Dagobah one repainted and re-released.  They could probably spiff it up pretty nice with the paint apps, and it isn't so big that it couldn't go to retail.  I think it would be a good seller too, because kids and collectors both seem to like Yoda (and Dagobah) quite a bit.  The Death Star Playset and Ewok Village would both be awesome too, but we might have to rely on the vintage ones since retail seems shy about any big ticket items for the most part.  I'd definitely pick them up if they did get re-released though.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Here is some new info on what is  COMING in  2006 and the beggining of 2007!!!
I can take credit for the list it came off Rebelscum, look l00% legit.

****A new sculpt of the Dewback!!!!   maybe there are some others!!!!!

Gold Leader Y Wing pilot

SnowSpeeder with Zev pilot-Toy R Us Exc

***Cloud Car with Saga Pilot-could this be the year!!!! (New Sculpt)

Tie Interceptor-redone without battery pak

B-WingFighter-Pilot-  could we finally get vintage b wing pilot

Federation Tank-with two battle droid!!!!

****Tower Droid-WTF new sculpt-I have not got a clue!!!!
****Gunship Pods Exclusive-come with 2 clonetrooper attack to gunship!!!!
****Trade Fedreration Gunship-as seen on Kaysheek-blue one
****Pod Walker-half of the at-Te. 

This is source is rated to 99% accurate!!!!!!!!!!!

More News later.....

I won't hold my breath for scum.  They have being saying that their sources revealed the cloud car the last 4 years and still nothing.  That is a wish list, plain and simple.  I do hope I eat crow but I doubt it.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2005, 05:32 PM »
I don't trust Scum too much anymore... but Stan has proven to be right on some information before, like the Sandcrawler.  Nearly everyone dismissed what he said about it, and then boom - one month later pics and tons of information appeared just like he said it would.

:P

Offline OT Freak

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2005, 08:25 PM »
I agree, the Cloud Car is a definite must...and one I think is do-able at retail.  It isn't huge, so it should easily fit into the $15-$20 range as an exclusive somewhere (probably Target, if anywhere).  .
15-20 ? Sorry my friend it will cost around 25 and 30. Exclusives always go for more. I mean theys no reason why the TRU's Obi and Annie's Star Fighters are so high other than the pack in and it being an exclusive. It's too bad these things just can't be general releases.
Hey Hasbro, Wake the #@$! UP!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2005, 08:48 PM »

I agree, the Cloud Car is a definite must...and one I think is do-able at retail.  It isn't huge, so it should easily fit into the $15-$20 range as an exclusive somewhere (probably Target, if anywhere).

15-20 ? Sorry my friend it will cost around 25 and 30. Exclusives always go for more. I mean theys no reason why the TRU's Obi and Annie's Star Fighters are so high other than the pack in and it being an exclusive. It's too bad these things just can't be general releases.

I highly doubt the Cloud Car would be that high.  I think $19.99 would be exactly what it would run, assuming it doesn't go to TRU.  I believe the A-Wing and Skiff were both just $20 at Target.  You have to get into the bigger ships and vehicles like the AT-ST, Y-Wing and such to hit the $30 price point.  The Cloud Car's design is so simple, and small, that it shouldn't be any more than $20, unless they stick a pack-in figure in with it, in which case it could jump up to maybe $25.

I don't really care what it costs though.  Just make the damned thing already!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 08:51 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2005, 10:48 PM »
I would like to see the tie interceptor and  ATST again. I never saw one at retail but somehow I seriously doubt it will be 2006 if they do redo them.

Offline OT Freak

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to see the tie interceptor too. I saw it once and that was that. I don't know why I didn't pick it up. I'd like to see a new sculpt of the ATST. You know, a bit bigger.

The skiff would be a good one to see again and how about another Y-wing.
Hey Hasbro, Wake the #@$! UP!!

Online Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2005, 11:25 PM »
I agree, the Cloud Car is a definite must...and one I think is do-able at retail.  It isn't huge, so it should easily fit into the $15-$20 range as an exclusive somewhere (probably Target, if anywhere).  .

I agree.  The running trend with exclusive vehicles has been $25 - $30 per unit.  A Cloud Car would easily run the same ammount, especially since the status of the original Kenner molds appears to be dubious at best.  I don't care for the price, but the trend is your friend when it comes to predicting these things.  And the trend is that if it's an exclusive we're looking at a $25 - $30 price tag.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2005, 02:06 PM »
I doubt we'll see a Cloud Car release from Hasbro.  They said at one time that the old tools were shot and could not be run anymore.

There is absolutely no chance in hell that they will retool this item.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2005, 11:11 PM »
I guess that means I should get some cockpit covers for my vintage Cloud Car I've had since back in the day. Anybody got some they want to get rid of?  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2005, 09:41 AM »
I think they should make the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.

On another note, why did starwars.com have to put video advertisements in every other page? It got really annoying.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2005, 09:45 AM »
Would anyone want to see the vintage mini-rigs re-released? I always liked them and think they would be fun.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2005, 12:20 PM »
I love the Tank Droid. I can't believe they left it out of the ROTS line.  The Separatists really got left out this year...

Mini Rigs?  Hell yes, on some of them... update them with new paint jobs and pack in a Stormtrooper or a SAGA TIE Pilot, who woudn't want one?

Also, the vehicle energy maintenance thing.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2005, 01:31 PM »
I think they should make the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.

I believe AMT is doing a die cast version of it as a model kit.  Not to scale with Hasbro figures though...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2005, 03:49 PM »
I thought it was to scale, or kinda close to it?   ???