Author Topic: Need Advice on Where to Replace by Very OLD PS2 at  (Read 1341 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Need Advice on Where to Replace by Very OLD PS2 at
« on: January 24, 2006, 11:33 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has seen a deal for a PS2 (newer thin one) for less than $149.99? My very old double decker finally got the final Disc Read Error. It has had this issue for about 18 months now and thanks to an online guide, I have been able to fix it everytime. Alas, this time, it just won't fix.
I know some of you will say wait, the PS3 is coming out buy I won't be buying the PS3 for between 12 to 24 months after it comes out for several reasons:
1. I won't pay the new price up front and will wait 2 to 3 years for the price to come down.
2.  I rarely buy new games when they are released. I wait for them to drop to the $19.99 or $29.99 price in order to save money. It is my experience by waiting for the new console to drop in price, some of the games I want I will be able to pick up for between $19.99 to $29.99 or even lower. This also gives software companies time to put out enough of the new games for the older games to drop in price.
3. I like to have a much wider selection of PS3 games than the 20 that will be there for the first 3 to 6 months.
So, for the next year or two the PS2 will work for me. Anyone know where I can pick one up cheaper than $149.99? 
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Need Advice on Where to Replace by Very OLD PS2 at
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 06:24 PM »
I suggest checking local video game stores like Game Crazy, Rhino, and the like and looking for used systems. They typically have in-store warranties that should last long enough to discover any problems with the system, and they'll usually replace it if anything is wrong.

don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk