Author Topic: NFL Offseason 2006  (Read 21357 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: NFL OffSeason 2006
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2006, 10:33 AM »
Did anyone see Rosenhaus last night in the press conference claiming that 7 other teams were really trying to get TO.  Funny, becasue we never heard of any of those negotiations and we also know that Rosenhaus/TO can't keep their collective mouths closed.  I think he's also full of ****.

Perhaps they were Canadian Football or Arena League teams.  I do have him on my EA Madden Team...but that is because if he gets mouthy, I can delete him...

I'm not to the point of turning in my season tickets because I assume the franchise will survive this...but I can see giving the tickets the tickets away more often than I usually do...

For every person I know that KNOWS this was a BAD move, there are just as many knuckleheads who think this is good news...

I blame this on all those sports-tards who gave Jerry so much grief over not bringing Randy Moss and his criminal record to the Cowboys.

TO is a monster ON the FIELD...if he could just be cryogenically frozen when on the sideline, locker room and during the week that is the only way he doesn't destroy the Image of America's Team and the worlds greatest sports Franchise.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2006, 10:59 AM »
If the Cowboys D is even average, with Julius Jones, Marion Barber, Terrell Owens, Terry Glenn and a decent Bledsoe, they are going to be a notch better than the Redskins and Giants for sure.  There's always a chance Eli Manning is going to show dramatic improvement and the Giants will win this division though.  I really am not that impressed with the Redskins' signings, and their QB sucks.  The Cowboys get TO at wideout and all of the sudden adding Randle El and Brandon Lloyd doesn't look so hot.  It'll be an interesting division.  Forget Philadelphia.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2006, 01:10 AM »
I'd take TO on my team if I were in charge, the dude is a competitor and an athlete...he's a head case though (but less so than Keyshawn ever has been)

I think that was a great move by the Cowboys

I'm also pumped to see Steve Hutchinson sign with the Vikes tonight, should go a long way to making the Chester Taylor signing even more of a smart one

PS...Future note to Dressel, Chester Taylor is this year's LaMont Jordan

RE: Daunte

I wouldn't have traded him, keep him and see if you could get more next offseason.  He's hurt and his pride and ego were hurt, I think the staff overreacted and didn't want to deal with him any more, which is a mistake.  He was the #2 player in the NFL in 2004 and now he's gone...as is the best player on your team that year in Randy Moss

I struggle with the lack of names and superstars, but then I look at NE and Pitt and know they can do it

Oh, and I also heard a nasty, nasty rumor that the Vikes are getting new Uni's complete with new Helmets which will ditch their horns.  That is a horrible move IMO >:( >:( >:(

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2006, 02:27 PM »
They are getting a redesign, but the rumors of the new look are just that at this point.  People have been posting pictures online of a repainted McFarlane figure of a Viking player with purple pants, the norseman on the helmet, and the Viking horn on the sleeve where the norseman is currently.  It's someone's custom job and someone else's idea of a joke.  The only changes I want are black shoes and purple pants with the away jersey.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2006, 02:37 PM »
People have been posting pictures online of a repainted McFarlane figure

I saw that one yesterday...

And, if you are really worried about it, I got this from an e-mail this AM:

Keep The Horns

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2006, 05:10 PM »
I didn't realize it at the time, but it now appears that Mike Tice was fired for being a nazi sympathizer...

What a shame.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006, 09:56 AM »
I find it funny that Seattle thinks it will hurt the Vikings by throwing a 49 million deal at Nate Burleson and including a "poison pill".  He's not worth anything near that amount.  I would have liked to see him stay around, but Seattle can have him if they want to overpay for a number two or three WR.  The Vikings get another draft pick, maybe to be used to get a higher first rounder.  I won't be surprised if the NFL puts a stop to the "poison pill" deals.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2006, 11:01 AM »
I find it funny that Seattle thinks it will hurt the Vikings by throwing a 49 million deal at Nate Burleson and including a "poison pill".  He's not worth anything near that amount.  I would have liked to see him stay around, but Seattle can have him if they want to overpay for a number two or three WR.  The Vikings get another draft pick, maybe to be used to get a higher first rounder.  I won't be surprised if the NFL puts a stop to the "poison pill" deals.

Seriously, Nate Burleson has not lived up to the hype, and he should not be making anything close to what Randy Moss and Terrell Owens make.  They overpaid by about 50% for Burleson with that offer.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2006, 11:56 AM »
Burleson probably won't see a lot of that money - but they still overpaid.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2006, 09:36 AM »
I did some digging and it looks like Seattle will only owe him 14 million for 4 years.  Still too much IMO. 

http://blog.lib.umn.edu/maasx003/Vikings/

This link leads to a site that has what could very well be the new Viking uniforms.  Of course, the guy also has an article dated today that says the helmets will have a "V" on them when the owner just said that the horns will still be on the helmets, so proceed with caution.  The St Paul Pioneer Press also reported that the new uniforms will resemble a cross between the Chargers and Broncos unis, while this sketch looks more like the Ravens.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 09:37 AM by John C »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2006, 02:22 AM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2006, 04:41 PM »
To follow up on John's links....

:-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2006, 10:41 PM »
As for tomorrow's draft, Reggie Bush will not be the #1 pick.  He got snubbed by the Texans in favor of Mario Williams.  I guess Reggie Bush is going to New Orleans?

Houston Texans sign Mario Williams as their #1 pick

Originally, I thought it would play out like this:

1.  Houston Texans take Reggie Bush
2.  New Orleans Saints take Mario Williams
3.  Tennessee Titans take Matt Leinart
4.  New York Jets take D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Shocker  :o

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2006, 11:53 PM »
Originally, I thought it would play out like this:

1.  Houston Texans take Reggie Bush
2.  New Orleans Saints take Mario Williams
3.  Tennessee Titans take Matt Leinart
4.  New York Jets take D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Shocker  :o

That was my assumption as well - But I thought the saints might have gone with D'Brickashaw and the Jets might have taken Cutler or Williams.

I'm as shocked as everyone else is - Williams will be a fine player, but he's no Reggie Bush.

Texas screwed the Pooch on this one - again.  Now I've got to hope that some team in the top ten will trade with the Saints to move up to #2 and take Reggie Bush - otherwise he'll be facing the Bucs twice a year... which I'm not thrilled about.