Author Topic: Custom Works By Jedi_Master_Ben  (Read 19372 times)

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Ben's Custom Galaxy
Re: Custom Works By Jedi_Master_Ben
« Reply #60 on: April 9, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Hi Chewie,

Thanks again for the confidence boost ;D. It is always great to get feedback from another master. On the Gargan kit, I am really proud of how this one turned out. I was planing to submit it to Hasbro for a commision as a freelance sculptor for them. It would be a dream possition. Of course, feet planted firmly to the ground, they most likely turn it away saying that do not take unsilisted work :'(. If that happens, then you can bet your sweet  :o I will make it avaible to you guys just to dispite them ;D. Thanks for all the support, Chewie.

Jed_Master_Ben
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2006, 01:19 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I finished another head sculpt for my alien head sculpt. I posted detailed pics of the head over at the alien head list. This time its my favorite Luxan, Ka'Dargo from Farscape. It took all day Sunday:

Now for a side note, because of the alien nature of the Colemen body, I would replace the top half with an Obi Wan #55. Since I do not own either figure at the moment, I can only imagine. I did win some loose ROTS jedi on e-bay and they should be here by the end of the week, so I will have other bodies types to showcase my alien heads. As always, comment, feedback and suggestions are greatly encuraged. Thanks for looking.

Jedi_Master_Ben
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 03:54 PM by Jedi_Master_Ben »
"When I first started, I was just a learner. Now I Am The Master Sculptor!" - Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2006, 03:33 AM »
Hi Ya J_M_B

:o Ka'Dargo looks brillant you my friend are a true master I'm totally in amazed with your work.

Ron

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2006, 02:14 PM »
Wel, Im definately up for a Gargan, as well a one of each of the Twi'lek heads, and of course G'kar. I'm in a bit of a bind this week though but Ill be more than happy to buy quite a bit once things settle down at my new job.

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2006, 03:12 PM »
Hey Guys,

I have another update for you all. I just posted the detailed head shots of the Bothan male head over at my alien head sculpt list. I explain in more detailed about the size difference and why I made two heads. Here I want to share some pics showing and comparing the two head sculpt and the body ratios to other figures. First up is the larger head sculpt on an Obi Wan #55 body.

Here is the same body standing next to the ROTS Anikin figure showing the ratio of size to the figure. I consider this figure the standard humanoid height.

Again, this was not intentional, but I am sure a lot of folks would not mind.
Now here is the shorter, Galaxies game height accurate size:

This head was modeled after the first head but reduced to the correct proportions of the Zett donor body. The measurements of Zett and the average Bothan taken from the Starwars.com databank, I was a direct match. Here is a pic of the Bothan next to Leia from the early bird package for comparison.

Leia is another character that is about the same height. I plan on using a VOTC ball joint Leia donor body to sculpt the female head. And lastly, here is another look at the smaller Bothan(1.5m) next to Leia(1.4m), Han(1.7m), and Chewie(2.1m) and their proposed measurements taken from the SW databank.

I know there are mixed feelings regarding the Bothans and I am sure all of you will benefit from my blunder. So talk amongst yourselves and let me know what you think.

I hope you will enjoy,

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Darth Delicious

• Jedi Padawan
  • Kneel...kneel before Wobb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2006, 04:08 PM »
I'm blown away. The sculpts are excellent...I am in awe of how little time it takes you to crank these out!

If you're short of donor figures, let me know...I have boxes and boxes of extra figures for customizing, and would be happy to trade anything you need.

Love Yarna and the Bothan especially! Those are my two faves at the moment, although the Farscape guy is really awesome too. Any chance of a Chiana head?   :P

-DD
Back from the dead!!!

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2006, 04:45 PM »
Amen to that!! I want a headcast :)
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2006, 05:25 PM »
These are great ben. Man, what you mis without internet access.
I want a bothan when you cast them... So thats one bothan and one verpine. So far... ;D

Another great sculpt!

Offline hemble

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Ron's military models and custom figures
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2006, 08:15 PM »
Mate spoton as always and the height is perfect well done.

Ron

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2006, 01:42 AM »
Okay, the Bothan may be favorite so far.  I'm definitely in for one.  We need to get this guy some Wax!!

Offline Jedi_Master_Ben

• Jedi Initiate
  • Now I am the Master!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2006, 04:28 PM »
Hey everyone,

I hope everyone is haveing a nice Easter Sunday. I have a special posting today. I have two heads to post to my alien sculpt list, the third female Twi'lek and Jedi Master K'Kruhk's heads. I also I got my sample of wax from Bantha5 and got to play with it. I made a wax cast of my Minbari head. Here is a group pic for you all.

I was really supprise that the head shrunk comming out of the mold. It turns out it was to my advantage. When I put the wax head on AAYLA SECURA body, the head was better proportiant to the body. This is ok for some of my head sculpts, but when I want to expand to full figures, I can see this to be a problem. I started a new thread asking for help under "Wax Issues". If you have any answers or solutions to this, please post in that thread. I like the fact I can increase the amount of detail into my sculptures, but I do not want to sacrifice scale for this proccess. I hope I can get this resolved.

Jedi_Master_Ben

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2006, 04:36 PM »
Very impressive dude!! PLEASE let me know when you start casting and selling. I want Master K'Kruhk and the bothan for shure!
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2006, 09:49 PM »
I can't say it enough - I am absolutely floored by your incredible sculpting skills!  Factor in how quickly you've been pumping these out and I am absolutely positive you could get a job at some toy company.  I mean, WOW!
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2006, 11:24 AM »
Ben how in the world do you find the time to make so many great sculpts?  You pump these out like a business!  Wow, each one seems to get better than the last.  You have an unreal talent.

:)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2006, 01:28 PM »
Wow! Thats all I can really say about all of these. Just Wow. That Bothan head is excellent. iM definately down for a few of those.