Author Topic: A filler piece- 'fanfic' Mandalorian (4/22/06)  (Read 16726 times)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
Re: Hyouriittai's Galactic Marine w/ remv. Helmet WIP
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 05:25 PM »
SWEET!!!!!! Cant wait to see this one done. That thing is awesome.

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
  • Objection your honor! The pod race was pretty cool
    • View Profile
Re: Hyouriittai's Galactic Marine w/ remv. Helmet WIP
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 05:44 PM »
Looking for suggestions! I'm using the Evolutions StarCorps kama for this Marine, however, I realized that these kama are relatively stiffer than those that come with the Green and Red Commanders or even Baccara (I think.) Since this Marine is going to be fully articulated in the legs, it'd be a waste if he couldn't kneel!

I know there are camps on both sides of the fence, but I was wondering: would you recommend softgoods for the kama? If so, what material? Thanks alot, folks and I hope to hear back.
-Matthew H.

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Hyou's Galactic Marine -- suggestions please!
« Reply #17 on: April 2, 2006, 03:58 AM »
I think I may have gone a little overboard with the details, but tell me hat you think. Still gotta make the back pack

-Matthew H.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Hyou's Galactic Marine (Pictures: 4/1/06)
« Reply #18 on: April 2, 2006, 12:51 PM »
Looks good! I think the snow detailing is a little too much- he would be moving around and I don't think the snow would stick to it. All in all, great job- I've yet to find an ATAT driver or a Snowtrooper, but when I do, I'll be making one of these bad boys too. Keep up the great work.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 2, 2006, 02:24 PM »
It would be all about how cold the temperature is and hard it is snowing for the snow to stick to him or not. Haven't you seen documentaries of Antarctica and such? They have snow on them even when they are working hard etc.

I think the snow detailing is great. Gives him a real world feel. One awesome custom. Thanks for sharing.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 2, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Thanks for the compliments, but especially any critical feedback! I'll probably post better pictures of the custom when I have the pack done.
-Matthew H.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 2, 2006, 08:08 PM »
I love the snow look, and the only other thing I might add would be some on the boots. Give him that just walked through snow look. I don't know how far you would go up the leg with it, but I think it would bring the whole custom together.

The helmet you used is not the one from the Snowtrooper. Where did you get it, or did you cast it yourself. It really looks great.  ;)
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 2, 2006, 08:30 PM »
I think you misinterpreted me. I love the snow look on his amor especially on the shoulder pads, but I just think it looks a tad too much on his rifle. It's a really cool custom, I dig the plastic kama, but the belt looks a little distorted on the left side.

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 2, 2006, 09:29 PM »
I love the snow look, and the only other thing I might add would be some on the boots. Give him that just walked through snow look. I don't know how far you would go up the leg with it, but I think it would bring the whole custom together.

The helmet you used is not the one from the Snowtrooper. Where did you get it, or did you cast it yourself. It really looks great.  ;)
roron corobb

The helmet actually is from the Saga Collection Snowtrooper! I dremmeled down the ridge on the helmet, and I added some "green stuff" to his mask and sculpted in the pseudo-Clone cheek pattern, painted over it, etc., to diminish the "goggle" look that the Marines dont have.
-Matthew H.

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 3, 2006, 04:09 PM »
I thought it looked sculpted. This is really growing on me, I've realized that the snow looks really cool.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 3, 2006, 05:27 PM »
I might have to try that helmet myself. Looks really cool. I didn't even notice it the first time I saw him.
roron corobb
my feedback link

Offline hyouriittai

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 4, 2006, 01:35 AM »
April 3, 2006
My interpretation of Corran Horn during the New Jedi Ordern ovels. Maybe a little too old. More like, Sean Connery as Corran Horn from the NJO novels?

Alot of the post-prequel produced art of Corran depict him in traditional Jedi robes, green in color. However, I feel that the image of the "new jedi order" has been altered significantly due to the prequel release, so I wanted to give him more of a modern jedi look.

The arms, torso and legs are Kit Fisto's, while the head is a complete repaint (my first!) of an Elite Force fellow, who the pouches also belong to. The skirting is off of the ROTS Tarkin, with some extra parts added on. I need to make an accurately colored lightsaber blade some how (transparent paint, I suppose?) and also a softgoods hooded cloak.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2006, 02:44 AM by hyouriittai »
-Matthew H.

Offline Lestat

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Hyou's NJO Corran Horn (Pictures: 4/3/06)
« Reply #27 on: April 5, 2006, 08:54 AM »
I really really like that Corran Horn! I don't mind that he looks a little older because he looks older on the cover of I, Jedi. I might have to try my hand at one of these to go with the NJO Luke I made. I also am digging the Galactic Marine! I don't think the snow detailing is too much as long as whoever he's standing with has similar detailing. Nice stuff!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 5, 2006, 09:47 AM »
The paint job is excellent. I just don't like the head. Its too detailed and Asian looking for the body and character. I take it that is not whistler he is talking to. Isn't his lightsaber blade silver?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 5, 2006, 02:13 PM »
digging the marine.  he'd look really good in some sort of small dio, knee deep in snow or something.  the skirt is a good addition and really looks like it belongs there.  i really like the paint apps/color choice for Corran, and the head is a good choice.  but i'll be damned when i first looked at it i was like oohhh!!! where'd you get the Bruce Willis head.  Is it just me?  Did you paint the head or did he come like that?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge