Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149977 times)

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed figures
« Reply #1020 on: May 25, 2006, 05:17 PM »
These are starting to hit in my area as well.  Like a lot of people have already stated, "what the hell is up with the shocktrooper's head?!  He looks like that one dude with his head shrunken in the waiting room scene in "Beetlejuice".

Of all the characters to screw up hasbro. :(

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1021 on: May 25, 2006, 05:25 PM »
Han's helmet can actually fit over top of the Shock's helmet.... :-\

I really hope the rumors of the Unleashed line coming back are true. These kit-bashed 'new' figures aren't very good, but I'd take them over those 2" POS Battle packs anyday.
"This is the way."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: May 30, 2006, 03:13 PM »
I was able to find the WM exclusive wave of Unleashed this past weekend, and picked up the Han and the Shocktrooper.  Even though it is partially a "kitbash", the Han Stormie is one of my favorite of the line so far.  I'm half tempted to pick up an extra one if I see one, just to leave the helmet on and have a "Stormtrooper".  I don't know if that is stupid or not, but unless a good re-release happens of the original, I don't see me picking up the higher priced regular Stormtrooper version.  I really hope the rumors hold true that we see more of these later this year.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: May 30, 2006, 03:27 PM »
I think it's a good idea Brian.  I was fortunate to find the original Stormtrooper at a local shop for regular Canadian retail pricing so I don't need it, otherwise that's exactly what I'd be trying to do. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1024 on: June 2, 2006, 08:26 PM »
Does anyone else's Han fall over at all? I was awoken the other night to to sound of Han taking a nose dive off the shelf and nailing my CW Gunship.

He was on a flat surface and wasn't even hanging over the edge at all, His peg seems to fit in the base really loose. :(
"This is the way."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: June 3, 2006, 01:52 PM »
I can't answer your question quite yet but I can atest to the fact that many of my Unleashed figures suffer from the same faulty peg designs.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1026 on: June 9, 2006, 04:02 PM »
Confirmed by Hasbro in the QnA results from Toy News International:

Hasbro will re-release a selection of classic Unleashed figures in the fall with four exclusive figures - two figures at Wal-mart and two figures at Target - in an all-new tube-style packaging.

I'd wager it's these 4 (from the 4-inches.de rumor list):

Boba Fett
Darth Vader (Version 1)
General Grievous
Yoda / Emperor
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 9, 2006, 04:40 PM »
Interesting that they are changing up the packaging.  Not that I leave any of them carded, but I always kept the cardbacks of these because I thought the art was pretty cool.  I always had intentions of displaying them, but don't have the room right now.  I guess the repacked figures, particularly Vader and Fett are good for those who mentioned.  I didn't think that the Grievous was too tough to find, but maybe the Yoda/Sidious one was.  I do hope we see future "new" figures in this line though, but maybe that will be pushed to 2007 as well now.  Better late than never I guess :).

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 9, 2006, 09:29 PM »
I hope it's nothing from ROTS.  Let's get Yoda at the very least!

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: June 10, 2006, 02:19 AM »
I received an e-mail from ActionHQ.com that they're preordering for the "NEW" Boba Fett and General Greivous. I highly doubt it but wouldn't that be cool to get a few new scults out of the reissued characters?

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1030 on: June 13, 2006, 03:43 AM »
I found the 'new' wave late last week. I only bought Han. Chewie wasn't different enough from the previous version, and the Shockie's head looked funny.

Hopefully, this means the end for stupid kitbashes. I'd rather see reissues of previous figures (like, the entire Stormtrooper wave) instead of half-assed monstrosities like these.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 17, 2006, 11:31 PM »
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1032 on: July 31, 2006, 05:43 PM »
I am kinda wondering if they will still be $15. Knowing Target probably $20

Well, since they supposedly weren't selling very well before, and Target wound up clearancing a lot of them out, they'd be pretty stupid to bump them up to $20 this time around (as would WM with the other ones) - especially since they're only re-releases.  Of course, since they're exclusives now, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the $5 bump actually happened.  It'd likely wind up dooming the line for good though if they did.

Based on what was shown and said down at SDCC by Hasbro, this line is still hanging by a very thin thread.  They're re-releasing some in the new packaging just to re-test the waters to find out if it's worth continuing with this line, and actually creating some new sculpts/figures in the future.

I'm at least happy to be able to get the Boba Fett finally, since I started collecting the line a little late and missed him the first time around.  Hopefully they stick the RH Vader and Stormtrooper back into the mix as well, as those are the other two that I still need.  Frankly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Hasbro shove pretty much all of them back out in the new packaging throughout the rest of the year.  I guess we'll find out soon enough...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 31, 2006, 07:35 PM »
The character choices are definitely a little puzzling.  I think that if they really wanted to give the line a good shot they would have gone with some of the HTF pieces.  Namely the RH Vader and Yoda.  The Boba Fett re-release is good though, since I see a high level of demand for that one.  But the Jedi Luke?  I saw that one lingering for some time when it was re-released.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 31, 2006, 08:52 PM »
The Grievous is also another mystery. That last wave for ROTS was around FOREVER!!!  I am hoping with everything I've got that they put the new sculps back on the art cards. I don't even display my BB Vader because he takes to much room. I think the art cards were great. On the other hand it is nice to see them "put together" in the tubes with out actually opening them.

I kind of wonder how these will have an effect on secondary market values.  Is the paint done a little diferent as with the BB Vader or are they direct copies? I would image the only difference will be the date on the bottom.

Does any one know which new figs were at Comic Con? I saw a pic of R2 and I think yet another clone, are there any other pics out there?
Anyone got a ben for sale??