Author Topic: Unleashed figures  (Read 149959 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: Unleashed Again
« Reply #375 on: May 11, 2004, 03:30 PM »
My personal wants for Unleashed?  Hmmmm

THE PHANTOM MENACE
Qui-Gon Jinn deflecting blaster shots
Obi-Wan Kenobi making jumping double kick
Droideka

ATTACK OF THE CLONES
Zam Wessel - Sniper or shapeshifting
Plo Koon - Arena Battle
Ki-Adi Mundi - Arena Battle
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 11, 2004, 03:45 PM »
How about an Unleashed two pack.  

For me, one of the crucial moments in the entire saga is the battle between Vader and Ben on the death star.  Easy way to release another Vader and really, we need an Alec Guiness Ben.

I do understand that the light saber battle from ANH pales to many (all?) of the battles that followed.  But since artistic license is freely allowed in these 'statues' surely this could be made more dynamic.  Relative to its time (1977) there really wasn't anything that was comparable so it needs to be made.  

Multi-packs wouldn't sell especially well, I'm sure, because of the price point, but that one is crying out to me.  

As Scott indicates, a Jedi and a Bounty Hunter in each series is a nearly foolproof formula.  Throw in one of the many "troopers" and you have guaranteed sales for the forseeable future.  

Conceivably they could add in Clone Wars unleashed figures as well.  Direct competition for the Maquettes?  Hmmm...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 16, 2004, 01:24 AM »
GH has pictures of the re-release of Unleashed Leia and Obi-Wan courtesy of Brian's Toys .   8)

Unleashed Leia & Obi-Wan

Leia looks awesome in the new packaging.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 16, 2004, 01:31 AM »
Zoiks :o  That may be the most careful card I ever open.

Dang, guess I have to sell mine on ebay.  Fast.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 17, 2004, 03:25 PM »
You know, I was just looking over the pics at StarWars.com of the Tusken/Aayla/Bossk wave, and I really like these.  It seems to me the Unleashed line has actually been handled pretty well overall.  Although I preordered the Han/Yoda/Boba as well as the Chewie and Luke from the past couple waves, I have seen all of them at TRU as well.  In fact, this weekend, while at a TRU they had the Luke, Chewie, as well as two of the red Clonetroopers.  They didn't have any "regular" white ones, but two of the red ones.  I don't collect prequel Unleashed, but it was tempting to pick one up.  If we weren't saving money for our upcoming moving expenses, I might have.  I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Tusken for some reason, I think that figure just looks spiffy.  Plus, overall, I think the character selection has been pretty good (although the Stormtrooper could have came a little sooner).  Plus, it is nice to see that they are re-releasing figures like the Leia, I missed that one the first time around...that is if the wife allows me to pick that one up.  Still need to go back and get a Vader too, the collection doesn't look right without one :).

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 17, 2004, 09:34 PM »
 Still need to go back and get a Vader too, the collection doesn't look right without one :).

I also need to pick up Vader.  I have the one with the helmet on with the bridge/steps but I need the helmet off one with the rock(at least I think it's a rock).  I am also glad though, about the re-release of Leia as she was packed in with rock Vader and were either underproduced or sold extremely well.

Beth

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 17, 2004, 10:14 PM »
 Still need to go back and get a Vader too, the collection doesn't look right without one :).

I also need to pick up Vader.  I have the one with the helmet on with the bridge/steps but I need the helmet off one with the rock(at least I think it's a rock).  I am also glad though, about the re-release of Leia as she was packed in with rock Vader and were either underproduced or sold extremely well.

The Vader is actually posed in what looks like the base of his meditation chamber.

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 17, 2004, 10:32 PM »
Yes, I think that's right Nick, with the prongs pointing up to meet the top of the chamber that lowers down.  

I honestly saw no point in getting both Vaders, the Bespin pose made sense, the RH pose did not.  I know, creative license, but still.  

Beth, I think at one point this line was headed for the dumper.  It certainly did not start out popular and I recall stories of the Fett's and Maul being clearanced.  I picked up my Padme, Anakin and Vader for $5 each at Walmart on clearance :o  I knew Vader would increase in value, but a couple of guys on snowtroopers needed  them so I sold them for cost.  The right thing to do, but damn ;)  Mace and Dooku/Tyrranus didn't sell great either, as I recall.  All that leads to the point that the second Vader and Leia were indeed underproduced owing to the then relative unpopularity of the line.  

I too initially passed on these.  I didn't buy the first set in TRU at $25 Cdn when I saw them because bluntly, they looked like crap in the package.  Then they went on sale in Ontario Walmarts at $5 each as well.  One of the snowtroopers out there graciously snagged me the pair (Maul/Jango) and shipped them out.  $5 after all, can't go wrong with that.  Opened them up and found out they were cool.  Then lucked into the next trio at $5 each.  All told, I picked up the first five for just a shade under $30 Cdn with the taxes.   ;D

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 18, 2004, 01:15 PM »
Theese new unleashed are so awesome I can hardly withstand my happiness.  Getting them has been pretty easy with online soteres like Kebco carrying them and not having a big presence at retail.  Really loving that Bossk and Aayla but the winner is the Tusken.  Hopefully he can hold his club with 2 hands
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

SilverZ

« Reply #384 on: May 20, 2004, 04:19 AM »
This has probably been mentioned a few pages back, but, well, I'm lazy...

I've been trying to get a red Clone variant to keep on the card, and so far I've seen 3 at two locations, both Suncoasts. All the cards have been pretty banged up. The one I have is eh- ok.  Has this been a problem with Unleashed for carded collectors in the past? I'm really annoyed trying to find a decent one to keep carded.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 21, 2004, 09:59 AM »
Most Unleashed cards take a little bit of a beating out on the pegs.  I think the only way you'll get a really good carded sample is to pull it out of the case yourself.

Feedback

SilverZ

« Reply #386 on: May 21, 2004, 02:15 PM »
That's what I was sort of figuring. I may just call the one I have good enough and be happy. Thanks much.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 25, 2004, 09:53 PM »
Just read over at GH that the Unleashed Leia & Obi-Wan have showed up in Wally, Coventry, RI.

New Unleashed Found

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 27, 2004, 08:16 PM »
I just found her at  our local Walmart as well.   There were three Leia's and three Obi-wan's.
I sent in a picture to Scott since I don't have a web page anymore.  It's fantastic packaging and I am really tempted to leave her in there.

Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #389 on: May 28, 2004, 09:40 AM »
Hmmm...didn't receive a picture :-[

Did you send it to: spearson@jedidefender.com ?