Author Topic: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures  (Read 144476 times)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: WOTC Star Wars Miniatures
« Reply #510 on: October 19, 2005, 02:17 PM »
As far as I've ever heard, the only known breakdown information is that you will get one Huge in every booster, and one Rare or VR in every booster.  Those can be one and the same though, in some instances.

It is possible to get a regular sized VR in the same booster as a huge VR.

I've NEVER heard of that happening to anyone on any of the 5 minis boards I frequent.  WOTC said ONLY one Rare or VR per booster, regardless of whether it's a Huge or not.  Do you have a link or something to an occurrence like that, 'cause I find that rather unbelievable...

It also happens that you will get a huge VR and huge R in the same case.

- M

Lies I tell you- I can personally attest that, yes, you can get a VR with a R(huge) in the same booster..I've done it 3 times already-OH and Uh you may be reading this from perhaps the luckiest mini's finder out there!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 19, 2005, 02:19 PM »
Just outta curiosity, what's the difficulty of finding AT-ST's, and how "tough" to find do you think an AT-AT is going to be?

I'd like at least one AT-AT with 2 ST's flanking it...  It's a dream I have for minis gaming, but I've heard bad things about the AT-ST's availability.

Not difficult Jesse -I have 4 of those ::)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 19, 2005, 02:28 PM »
Haunts I frequent to get the Universe Mini's are GAMESTOPs, Local comic book/gaming stores, book stores, HobbyTown USA stores, ect. I've bought about 18 boosters, my bro about 8- I think we're done- we only need 6 pieces- I think we'll start trading now with all our tons of extras of R's and VR's to get what we need.

We need Princess leia,darth maul, dr. evazan, rancor, speeder bike, niem numb
contact Zachmoe for trading- he has the current list of all our extras some "supposedly hard to get" ones?...(hey Matt :-*)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 02:31 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #513 on: October 19, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Lies I tell you- I can personally attest that, yes, you can get a VR with a R(huge) in the same booster..I've done it 3 times already...

Would you give examples, Jon?  I frequent 3 different minis boards and I've never once heard of that happening...

So you're saying that you can get a Luke, Jedi Master VR in the same exact booster as an AT-ST Rare?

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 19, 2005, 06:36 PM »
All 3 of my AT ST boosters had.. an admiral ackbar, that spider-brain creature from Jabba's palace-(sorry memory's bad at the moment) and baron fel

-that what you need? Don't hate/ alleviate

the booster that surprised me the most was the baron- fel/ATST they're even in the same set and I thought you're supposed to get somebody from each different set..or at least never 2 from the same set( ex. imperials) in a booster!

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 20, 2005, 11:16 PM »
How do you guys display your minis? I've been thinking about putting them in one of those clear acrylic display cases (easier to clean) but can't seem to find a place that sells them. Anybody have any idea of where to pick displays like that up?

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 23, 2005, 03:36 AM »
A few guys stopped at the shop today and we actually played a few games!
Been so long since someone was around to play.

I set up some of my army as well. I didn`t feel like digging them all
out though. I have a dozen or so more clones, droids and stormies/snowtroopers.

bring on the At-At!
Adam

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #517 on: October 24, 2005, 06:41 PM »

Which one of those guys is you, Adam?  Nice army pix there too...

I'm still a few minis short of my complete UH set, so if anyone's got any extras of these, LMK!

Warmaster Tsavong Lah (VR)
Admiral Ackbar (VR)
Chewbacca, Rebel Hero (R)
Lando, Hero of Tanaab (R)

I'm also looking for a few of the Repaint Promos still (Battle Droid, Iktotchi, Human Merc).  Do any of you gamers have an extra of those, or any of the UH minis I need?  If so, drop me a line and I'll let you know what I've got and we'll try to work something out...

Ray, I haven't seen too many actual displays of the minis yet.  I haven't even opened up most of my collection, and I don't think the gamers actually have their's in a permanent display since they're usually gaming with them.  I do know that DaBigKahuna had a pretty decent idea a while back, where he was using multiple CD jewel cases stacked up and staggered in order to make a clear, tiered display.  Looked pretty cool.  Not entirely sure how I plan to eventually display all of mine yet though.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2005, 05:53 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 25, 2005, 12:54 PM »

Ray, I haven't seen too many actual displays of the minis yet.  I haven't even opened up most of my collection, and I don't think the gamers actually have their's in a permanent display since they're usually gaming with them.  I do know that DaBigKahuna had a pretty decent idea a while back, where he was using multiple CD jewel cases stacked up and staggered in order to make a clear, tiered display.  Looked pretty cool.  Not entirely sure how I plan to eventually display all of mine yet though.

Thanks for the tip! Is there a pic somewhere that shows what they look like displayed with the jewel cases? I don't think I'll be gaming with them. They are mainly just a replacement for my love of micro machines...only 10x better on the sculpts!

I just bit the bullet and bought a case of the Clone Strike, OUCH! :o. Wish me luck I get something in there that worth it.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #519 on: October 26, 2005, 04:19 AM »
Ray, unfortunately you'd probably have to search back through the depths of this thread to find DaBigKahuna's pix where he displayed his (they might be in his collection thread as well).  Or shoot him (Matt/DBK) a PM.  Basically, he just stacked them in a tiered manner, and it worked pretty well to offset them from eachother.

Let us know how you fare on that Clone Strike case!  Obviously the prize from that set is the Darth Maul ($50-$60), with Aurra Sing running in a solid second now.  The Qui-Gon and Mace are also quite valuable.  But that whole set has gone WAY up lately, since it's out-of-print now, and WOTC is saying there's no plans for a re-release of it, like they did recently for the Rebel Storm set.

Good luck!

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 26, 2005, 03:24 PM »

Which one of those guys is you, Adam?  Nice army pix there too...

Im` taking the pics, so no shots of me. I`m not very photogenic anyhow  ;)

I forgot to look, but I think I have a Chewie. I`ll look soon, I swear!

BF77, how much did the case cost ya? Just being nosey (sp?) is all.

Adam

Offline zachmoe

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 26, 2005, 08:03 PM »
All 3 of my AT ST boosters had.. an admiral ackbar, that spider-brain creature from Jabba's palace-(sorry memory's bad at the moment) and baron fel

-that what you need? Don't hate/ alleviate

the booster that surprised me the most was the baron- fel/ATST they're even in the same set and I thought you're supposed to get somebody from each different set..or at least never 2 from the same set( ex. imperials) in a booster!

I believe the with the UH Breakdown, you are guaranteed to get one Huge figure (of RANDOM rarity) and then of the 6 other minis, you are guaranteed 1 Rare or Very Rare, 2 Uncommons, and 3 commons...so it is very possible to get multiple Rares or Very Rares...of the boosters I picked up today, I got a Rancor and Dr. Evazan (the best UH booster I've gotten to date) and another with an AT-ST and the Darth Maul on Speeder (another great  booster)...so I know that it is possible.  Just an FYI...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #522 on: October 26, 2005, 08:20 PM »
Good God, those are some sweet pulls there, Zach!

Yeah, I guess you guys are right on those double R/VR combos in some of the boosters after all.  I posted a question about it over at WOTC and asked if it was possible, and if anyone had ever gotten some similar pulls, and a few said they'd had, and that it was indeed possible, though pretty rare.  So I eat my words on that issue, for sure.  :-[

Zach, I'm still waiting for some sweetners that I traded for for you to roll in from some folks, and then I'll get together with your bro and swap.  Still trying to find something for the Ackbar, so stay tuned on that one...

Offline Bobafett77

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: October 27, 2005, 12:04 PM »

Let us know how you fare on that Clone Strike case!  Obviously the prize from that set is the Darth Maul ($50-$60), with Aurra Sing running in a solid second now.  The Qui-Gon and Mace are also quite valuable.  But that whole set has gone WAY up lately, since it's out-of-print now, and WOTC is saying there's no plans for a re-release of it, like they did recently for the Rebel Storm set.

Good luck!

Thanks! I'll definitely let you guys know. Should be getting it in a day or two so I'll probably open over the weekend.

BF77, how much did the case cost ya? Just being nosey (sp?) is all.

It was about $165 + $15 priority mail shipping. I guess it's not too bad when you look at what they're going for on ebay but still... oh well, I'm really hoping it's worth it! Does anyone know for sure what the breakdown of a case from CS is? How many VR, R, UC & C you get?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #524 on: October 27, 2005, 03:11 PM »
Does anyone know for sure what the breakdown of a case from CS is? How many VR, R, UC & C you get?

Ray, each individual booster pack of 7 minis is comprised of the following:

1 Rare or Very Rare
2 Uncommons
4 Commons

If you get a sealed case of 12 boosters, there should be 4 VRs and 8 Rares in there.  Looking forward to hearing your pulls...  Good luck!