Author Topic: Battle of Tatooine Wave  (Read 81934 times)

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Tatooine Wave
« Reply #285 on: May 23, 2006, 12:35 AM »
Jared, awesome pictures! I would say of any wave this year, this is the one I want the most, and your pictures turn up the heat!

A friend today said he got called and told that the wave had hit in So. Cal. but I've seen no post anywhere on this (it hit a Wally in So. Cal.).
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2006, 01:11 AM »
Damn... these could already be hitting???

:)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 23, 2006, 09:19 AM »
Garindan is Sweet!

BTW, how did you get the picture to show up outside of your post?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #288 on: May 23, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Damn... these could already be hitting???

Not quite yet.  As Anton said...

Not yet. Jared has a "connection."

And,

BTW, how did you get the picture to show up outside of your post?

That is one of our Moderator abilities...   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #289 on: May 23, 2006, 10:09 AM »
Oh man...I can't wait for this wave. Sure, they're not the most articulated figures in the world, but how much action do you really need from Hammerhead? Unless of course you're making a Rorron Corrob figure, but then you would need to use a body with more clothing anyways.

Garindan is awesome too, but it looks like he's a straight leg wonder...Oh well, all he needs to do is snoop anyways.

Jared, way to go with these pics. Actually posing a figure accurately including softgoods is so important in this hobby (in my opinion) and you do it really well. The photography is excellent. I wish Hasbro would hire someone—cough*you*cough—to do their product shots. Well done.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #290 on: May 23, 2006, 10:12 AM »
Great shots in there Jared. I can't wait to get them as well.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 23, 2006, 11:30 AM »
More great pics Jared, thanks so much.  Although the articulation on Hammerhead might be lacking, that sculpt sure is amazing.  I never thought the older versions were too bad, but that comparison pics really shows that the new one blows them away.  Garindan is shaping up nicely too, and that's another one I never picked up in the POTF2 days, so I'm happy we're getting him.  Can't wait for this wave.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 23, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Not only does Hammerhead seem to be nicely sculpted, the paint application is very impressive.  I really like the "wash" that he seems to have.  8)

SilverZ

« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Thanks a lot for the comments on the pics, guys, I really appreciate it. :) I'll get Garindan and a weaker one like Solo up tonight.

I'm a little bummed that Momaw's articulation is so out of date, because he just looks so much better than the previous versions, and I've been a fan of the original sculpt for a long time, so it's all the more impressive to me. If this one had knee joints so he could sit down he'd be my favorite cantina alien. What I don't understand is how he got so short changed when Hem Daxon and Garindan got ball socket shoulders, swivel elbow joints, and swivel lower leg joints (Garindan's boots rotate at where the boot meets his pants).

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 23, 2006, 02:31 PM »
Looks like they are hitting in SoCal. A kid found them at his Target.

SilverZ

« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2006, 02:39 PM »
Nice! Hopefully someone can confirm with a receipt shot soon.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2006, 02:41 PM »
Jared-- try cruising our Socal thread..maybe you can PM one of the 2 guys for it?

Offline kesselrunking

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 23, 2006, 05:40 PM »
This wave hit RC Target this morning with one case. A friend of mine got them and is giving me some of his extras. Thanks ICE!

SilverZ

« Reply #298 on: May 24, 2006, 03:12 AM »
I put up the Garindan and Han shots tonight. Still love Garindan.  :)

034 Garindan

035 Han Solo

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #299 on: May 24, 2006, 04:15 AM »
I gotta admit, Garindan's not bad...  I still am always baffled by swiveling boot articulation but no knees...  I mean, what's the point?  It's the same as ankle articulation but no knees.

Either way though, Garindan has features VOTC/VTSC Han's both should've had, a separate legstrap for the pistol holster.  I love that...  :)  Too bad the Han's don't have it because that's perfect.

I like that they re-used Tessek's gun.  I don't mind pistol re-uses like that and that's a gun we haven't seen again since Tessek I believe.  So that's pretty cool I think...  The lack of knees sucks, but the inclusion of a cloth cape is great to me.  I'm surprised they ran with that.  Not often they use cloth on basic figures afterall. 

And the communicator on the belt?  That's just amazing detail. :)  Now we have a communicator accessory for a hoped for future Luke Stormtrooper resculpt...  He has to come with that.

It's nice to see that Garindan's arm articulation is on-par with what the basic line's standards should be too.  He's a step up from Momaw who lacks a LOT of articulation.

Oh and the headsculpt is great...  One flaw beyond the knees though is the goggles don't come off.  :(  I'm a little bummed by that because I'd hoped to see a complete Garindan sculpt there...  Be neat to see hte species' looks without the goggles.

Anyway, Garindan may be my favorite in the wave...  It's a figure that REALLY needed a resculpt too, unlike Momaw who I honestly could've lived with what we have, especially given that they didn't improve it beyond the sculpt details.  Sculpts great, articulation's just excuseless though...  It's not a matter of what these characters do, but what kind of toys they should be...  Hasbro's still years behind other companies with this line, so that's what's disappointing me.

Garindan's on my positives list though, I like that one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77