Author Topic: So what do you want to see for a 30TH anniversary con figure?  (Read 8760 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: So what do you want to see for a 30TH anniversary con figure?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2006, 10:48 PM »
Interesting idea, but something like that would be better for Jedi's 25th anniversary in 2008, in my opinion.

For the anniversaries of the individual films, I like the idea of specific figures or sets from that specific film itself, as opposed to something from the saga as a whole.

I've been thinking a little more about this, and I think now that if Celebration 4 (if it happens) is presented as less of a "30th anniversary of A New Hope" thing, and more of a "30 years of Star Wars" thing (as I assume it would be), then yeah, I'd be more open to getting an exclusive based around any of the films, and not just the first.

So yeah, that Vader Reveal moment might be good (sculpting the tear on Luke's cheek might be a stretch, though).  I also like the idea of some sort of Jedi Spirits scene.  They could repack the OTC Spirit Ben, and give us a new Spirit Yoda and Spirit Anakin in the same style--and maybe even include swappable heads for Anakin so that "everybody's" pleased (Hayden's head for Lucasland, Sebastian's for everybody else. . .).

Both scenes tie the two trilogies together fairly well, in my opinion.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 10:52 PM »
I also like the idea of some sort of Jedi Spirits scene.  They could repack the OTC Spirit Ben, and give us a new Spirit Yoda and Spirit Anakin in the same style--and maybe even include swappable heads for Anakin so that "everybody's" pleased (Hayden's head for Lucasland, Sebastian's for everybody else. . .).

That's true. I'd totally go for that. I've really been wanting Sebastian Shaw and Yoda to match the OTC Obi-Wan. I have him with POTF Shaw and VOTC Yoda, and obviously, it's a little off. The 2 heads would be a fine compromise.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 03:33 AM »
I see the future of 30th year of SW.

1. Lucas will re-release the entire SW Saga in theaters in 3D with new scenes and improve the sequences. like he changed Yoda in TPM (its on the ROTS second disc DVD)

2. Celebration IV will be early.

3. Hasbro with release about 100 figures (most of them new)
watch they will make a new Vintage figures with autographs on them or something. the Cloud Car will finally be release also with the Darth Maul's Starship.

4. A brand New DVDs will be release. there will be four sets of them. 1. PT Trilogy Box Set. 2. OT Trilogy Box Set. 3. SW Saga Set. (I-VI). 4. (please release this) Original OT Set (he lying about never release them, he saving the Ultimate set for 2007. watch)

Lucas WILL make a crap load of money in the year 2007.

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 10:56 AM »
The  Ultimate  R2-D2.  All  panels  and  doors  open  to  reveal  his  gadgets.  Slap  him  on  a  card  with  the  Tantive  IV  corridor  backdrop,  like  the  first  scene  he  was  in.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 06:23 PM »
If I could pick ONE figure/set to represent the entire SW saga I'd have to say Jedi Anakin and Jedi luke; use a fully SA anakin like the evolutions one, with hooded robe and a SA Luke in his Jedi outfit from ep6 with hooded cape, like the OTC one but better. Packege it as Father and Son.
OR package the same Anakin as above with a good design Padme and the same luke as above with the ultimate leia for a father&mother/ son & daughter set.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 06:29 PM »
If I could pick ONE figure/set to represent the entire SW saga I'd have to say Jedi Anakin and Jedi luke; use a fully SA anakin like the evolutions one, with hooded robe and a SA Luke in his Jedi outfit from ep6 with hooded cape, like the OTC one but better. Packege it as Father and Son.
OR package the same Anakin as above with a good design Padme and the same luke as above with the ultimate leia for a father&mother/ son & daughter set.

A whole Skywalker Family set ... Can't believe that didn't occur to me. Jedi Knight Anakin, Senator/Mommy Padmé, Jedi Knight Luke and Princess Leia. Nifty. :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2006, 10:44 PM »
Yeah, just not another pregnant Padme please.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 04:10 PM »
I heard a rumor of a pregnant Padme with baby pushing action feature. Booyaa!!!
 :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 11:35 PM »
yeah that'll be sold next to 'ultra pelvic thrust' anakin at your local spencers' gift and other fine adult oriented retail stores
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 08:43 PM »
yeah that'll be sold next to 'ultra pelvic thrust' anakin at your local spencers' gift and other fine adult oriented retail stores

I thought the Anakin came in a wedding night 2-pack with Qui-Gon screaming "Anakin, Anakin" and "feel don't think"
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #25 on: May 6, 2006, 11:47 AM »
They could repack the OTC Spirit Ben, and give us a new Spirit Yoda and Spirit Anakin in the same style--and maybe even include swappable heads for Anakin so that "everybody's" pleased (Hayden's head for Lucasland, Sebastian's for everybody else. . .).

Somehow, I think a "swappable heads Spirit Anakin" is far more likely a possibility today than it was two weeks ago. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #26 on: May 8, 2006, 03:21 AM »
That's not a bad idea at all...  And the new ball/socket joints make the head swapping easy in execution, plus they look better on the holo/transluscent figures than the old peg/post styled necks were...  It can show through the torso and such.

I'm never sure how I feel about con figures myself, but the spirit set is something that sorely needs updating, no doubt...  It's iconic, though not for ANH really.  Still its as good a choice as anything I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 8, 2006, 08:21 AM »
What do I think, or what would I like?  How about our first ever look at Darth Vader, complete with the blasted open hatch of the Tantive IV as a base/background?

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2006, 07:42 PM »
I would love to see either the 300th Vader, ROTS Yoda and the ROTS Emporer repacked again!
Now that would be the Ultimate thank to all of us loyal die hard collectors!

Now to be serious: As someone suggested the Force Ghost of Anakin with Shaw or Haydens head. Thats a great idea for a worthy exclusive.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:45 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Gamboa

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 04:26 PM »
For  30th  anniversary  they  should  do  Luke  and  Leia  as  they  appear  on  the  classic  movie  poster,  with  the  rest  of  the  poster  as  a  backdrop.  Throw  in  a  rocky  base  and  mini  R2  and C-3PO  and  it  would  be  perfect.
...of the Fifth Southside Tactical Marching Squadron