Author Topic: Vader's Fist Arrives  (Read 3322 times)

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
Vader's Fist Arrives
« on: April 30, 2006, 12:33 AM »
Cue theme music (temple assault ROTS).  March, march, march. Hey! Lord Vader isn't in front of me!.  Where's my brothers?  Damn where am I?  Jedi Defender.com?  Must execute Order 66.  Where are the Jedi!!! Wait where's the freaking temple?

Oh its a forum, guess I might as well introduce myself.  VF/501 reporting for duty sir!  I did advanced scouting and determined there were Jedi here.  Where are you hiding them?  What no jedi?  You lie!!!  I've seen Metaljedi, Rollajedi, Tonywankenobi,and you tell me there are no jedi!!! 

What was that? Its only a forum you say, oh um, sorry.  Clone trooper singlemindedness ya know,  we get pretty focused on are objectives.  Anyways I am from Kamino or is it Hawaii?  Well it has alot of water around it whichever one it was.  I do custom work on Star Wars, no not my armor, my figures.
My Minimes.  I make, ARC troopers, villians, aliens..... 

Anyway, as a Clone trooper I palce high value on comraderie, which is adbundant here so I think I'll stick around (if ya have a problem with that you can talk to my DC-15, hehe),  I also post at FFURG but I lack a digital camera, so no pics of my customs yet.  Just trying to get a feel of the forums and make friends, and trading partners.  I can be highly critical of your guy's and girl's customs but I also desire crtiques on mine once I post pics.  I will also offer suggestions and praise, and I desire only acceptance and respect because that is what I have for everyone here (except *******s). ;D

I think you all do excellent work and I live by the motto that there is always room for improvement.

BTW until I get a digital camera you'll have to suffer through all of my suggestions, critiques, and jokes and I'll be invulnerable from yours bwahahahaha.

Found the temple.  Oooh gotta go shoot a jediscum in the back,  see ya later.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vader's Fist Arrives
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 01:41 AM »
Well...

Uh, welcome aboard. :)

Remember though, we're not JUST a customizing board VF...  We're Star Wars collecting, first and foremost, so while it's great you've found our customizing boards a valuable asset (no doubt about that), remember to pop in the collecting areas and join in the fun...  We have a fairly broad trading community.

You're from Hawaii?  Yikes...  How, just in general, is collecting out there?  Rough or no?

Either way if you need help, give the classifieds a looksee and find it...  SOmeone's bound to lend a hand.

Glad to have you on board (also at www.FFURG.com where I also work), and hope to see you around a lot.  Anything at all, just ask the staff...  We're all over the place here.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 10:25 AM »
Great intro. :D Welcome aboard!

Anthony
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Welcome.

Right?

We are welcoming him? Correct?

Welcome.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 01:16 PM »
That was definitely the most creative introduction I've seen here!  Welcome good sir!  Look around and enjoy our home we call JD.  That's a direct order.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006, 01:17 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 04:19 PM »
Welcome to JD!  :)
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Jesse James:  Yeah, I know JD isn't just about customs,  I 've peaked into the other sections and have posted in them to.  But alas i can't compare my collecting experiences with you guys cause of the following reasons.

1: I can't check out stores daily and my cash flow is somewhat eratic (but I am getting a summer job)
2: They seem to ship less stuff to Hawaii and not everything makes it to our stores.
3: Price scalpling sucks here, average figures are $7-15 in retaila and in the secondary markets (swapmeet)
4: Not one single Target on the island at all, plus Wal-mart restocks too infrequently and too eratically.

For example, found both a #41  Clone and a SAGA 06 AT-AT driver at the swapmeet today. $10 each, I had twenty so I just bought the clone,  wanted both, but have other things I need to pay off to.  If they were more abundant in the stores at $6-7 then I would buy more.  On the average I pay $10 per figure.  If I am lucky I'll find them on clearance or somebody is just getting rid of them for cheap.  Happened only twice in the last 5 years.  Also when your 15-17 years old it becomes harder to get your parents to buy stuff for you,  plus they wouldn't let me get a job until this summer.  So its pretty rough to find reasonably priced figures here, even loose ones are hard,  they average $3-10 each (usually $6)

Everything here has an inflated value cause of shipping and the amount that gets here.  The Target clones brought over by the dealers, usually went for $25 if your lucky - $40 each.

But all in all the biggest problem is availability.  Hasbro is doing a bad job over all but Hawaii gets the worst of it because we are a island.

I am mostly looking for cheap or relativly cheap fodder for customs right now.  I have lists on JD and FFURG of what I want, and of my limitations,  so please help me  I guarantee that what you guys and girls trade to me will be put to good use.

As for collecting, my Christmas was when ROTS first came out and just before the DVD came out,  other than that I've seen nothing much.  The amount of VOTC and VTSC is pitiful to.  I only have one VOTC Boba Fett.

Thanks for the welcome and glad you guys liked my intro.  Want more laughs?  Look in the hey Hasbro section and read my post on the Han Solo/flight to Alderran thread.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: May 1, 2006, 01:31 AM »
Well make sure you put out wants lists.  Someone in the  mainland might be able to help you acquire what you want for the right prices...  I haven't the foggiest clue on shipping to HI though....  But if you're buying a lot of stuff at once off people here on the boards I can't imagine it would be worse than buying at the swap meet.

Put your lists out that you want, and I'm sure people will try helping you out.  That's quite an issue you've got, but look at the tradeoff...  You live where most of us wish we could just get a week to go hang out. :)  That's a positive, haha.

Glad to have you aboard...  Collecting, no matter what your means, puts you in with the rest of us VF, so join in...  Don't feel you aren't able to contribute.

I'll make sure and look over your wants list.  If I'm able to help I'll try.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2006, 03:38 AM »
Thanks Jesse James, the support is nice, however as I said I am low on cash so I don't know about buying too much, after all I still need to get a camera.

So for now its only trades.  If you can hook me up with stuff, send me a list of what you want in return and I'll PM you a list of what I can provide you  from that list and with a timetable for shipment,  I'am graduating this month so don't expect speedy delivery,  HSchool comes first okay.

Anyways I am itching to show everyone my Customs, WIPs and my collection.  I don't have too many carded items though and most are older, pre Saga collection stuff.  For the amount of collectors in Hawaii, we never have enough stuff,  plus the diehards check the stores everyday so they get it before I do.

BTW our weather here sucks.  The shift in the Earth's mag field and ocean currents have slowed down are weather cycle.  Its rains quite abit right now and last winter felt like summer.  I found Cali to be more comfortable.  Plus the high humidity sucks when it gets to be 80 degrees centigrade and up.

The landscapes are very nice to look at but the local city council and government are screwed up,  greedy courrupt politicians,  mini-palpatines all of them.  >:( They messed up our beaches recently (took care of excess sewage in the stupidest most idiotic braindead way possible, dumped it into the Alawai Canal which leads to the ocean.). :(  So for now all of the southern Hawaii beaches are contaminated with massive amounts of bacteria. :o

So wait a while before you guys decide to come here, infact just ask and I'll tell you when its a good time to come and take a vacation here. ;D
Can't contribute much now so at least I can do this,  that way you don't arrive at a rotten time.  But the gov's screw ups are way out of my hands. :P

Anyways its nice to be welcomed.  Off to the temple,  I see Cin Drallig and Zett Jukassa,  yay targets!!!!