Author Topic: 2006 Vintage Saga Collection (vTSC)  (Read 133526 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: 2006 vOTC (or vTSC) - now with pics!
« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2006, 12:10 AM »
Re: Sandperson

I'm gonna hold on to the hope that maybe--just maybe--the nimrods who set up Hasbro's booth somehow didn't put together the Sandperson right.  After all, several of the other figures look like they were hastily put-together for the set up, with gaps  at their shoulders, elbows, and wrists.

That can't be the way it's supposed to be, because it just looks gay.  Maybe there's a way that the bandoliers are removable, and go over the cloth or something.  (Realistically, I know that's not possible, with the amount of material there.)  They could have even done it like they did the Royal Guard last year, with the plastic arms poking out of the holes in the cloth robes.  Or, like Jim mentioned, like the Tusken included with the Bantha--top half plastic, bottom half cloth.  They did that with the VOTC Leia and Ben, and they didn't look too bad.

I know the VOTC is all about cloth, and I usually like cloth, too, but only to a certain extent.  And this goes way past that extent.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2006, 07:32 AM »
My main concern was waiting for pics to show up of the upcoming VOTC Sandperson with soft goods.  I am so disappointed in how huge and poofy this looks.   Huge :o 

Oh my God.  What were they thinking?  It looks like he's trying to wear a fur coat or something.  I don't even want this figure anymore.

loose tusken raider
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 07:34 AM by Ithorian Clergy »
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2006, 08:42 AM »
Maybe it folds out into a Tusken tent?  ;)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2006, 09:42 AM »
While I am a bit dissappointed in the VOTC Tusken Raider, I will find a way to make it work...With VOTC Lukes tunic, I found a way to adjust it so that it looked less Puffy and ill-fitting.

I just hope that under all that tentage he is super articulated.  I fear that we will end up with the VOTC Obi Wan problem...they substitute giant soft goods for articulation.

All in all I'll still be getting a dozen or so of him, I have a feeling that this is going to be the last Tusken Raider/Sandperson we see for a while.

Luke X wing looks good, I hope they tweek it a bit in the future for a Snowspeeder Luke (even though that one would really need to be a full on new sculpt)

Han Endor looks good to me.  I have a vintage Han Trench coat on an Extra VOTC right now, so at least this one will now have the right pants and shirt.  As long as he is sporting the same atriculation as VOTC Han, I'll get at least 4 for dios and maybe even try to talk some customizer into making a Bespin Han out of one for me.

Greedo....well at leas it is an OT figure.

So it looks like my budget will be blown on VOTC II this time.  I've already ordered 4 cases from various sources. (not sure what I'll do with all those extra Greedo's, but you never know)

And I didn't leave out my thoughts on the Biker Scout...it is just that I can't stop shaking in anticiaption over that thing....

So while I can see everyone's points about certain aspects being off or not as right as they could be, I guess I'm just too easy to please these days.  They are improvements over the previous version of each, so I consider them a worthy replacement.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Paul, if your stuck with them and want to sell them for whatever they cost at Walmart, I'll buy a pair of Greedos (and Hans and Lukes if you aren't customizing them) from you instead of Walmart or wherever and then I'll just look for the Scout Troopers and Tuskens in stores. 

Edit:  Danny would also be happy to buy a Greedo (and 1 of whatever else you're looking to dump) from you rather than the stores.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 11:45 AM by Rob »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Too bad about the Tusken Raider...he looks fine sans the poofy Columbia coat.

The material needs to be thin....

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2006, 03:15 PM »
The material does look pretty thin on the Tusken... I'm thinking if you dip the material into some sort of liquid you can partially solidify it to make it fit better.

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2006, 11:03 PM »
Well they have shown up for sure now at a Walmart in Kansas.  I posted a pic at www.yakface.com.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2006, 11:11 PM »
God, this year is off to a frenzied start. No way I'll be to keep up at this pace... ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 14, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Well they have shown up for sure now at a Walmart in Kansas.  I posted a pic at www.yakface.com.

Okay, I'm a little wierded out. You have to admit that this is odd. Usually there are other confirmed sightings and ususally they show up through other channels first (over seas dealers and e-bay.)

I can't make out what the recipt says. Does it list the figures names?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2006, 11:17 AM »
What I don't like is ..doesn't he say he got them yesterday but the receipt shows 2 days ago( 11 feb 2006). Highly suspicious.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2006, 12:19 PM »
I don't think it's legit.

We usually see new figures pop up on ebay a month or so before they hit the states.

Can anyone make out the price on the receipt?

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2006, 12:25 PM »
Its fake.  Its convenient how wrinkled and unreadable the receipt is. 

I dont know why some people get such a woody lying there fat asses off. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #193 on: February 14, 2006, 12:30 PM »
You can read the whole saga over at CorePlanets where the sighting first originated.

Here is the original, unaltered, un-resized photo they posted over there:

In it, you can make out the date (02/11/06) and sku number for the vintage greedo figure.  Easiest way to see if it's a fake or not is to have someone take that SKU number from the reciept there and have your local Wal-Mart see if it's in the computers yet.

The strange thing is that they claimed to find the new vTSC figures amongst a bunch of old vOTC figures and they rang up at like $5.00 each or something like that.  Something just doesn't feel right about this, but I just can't put my finger on it.

I have to imagine this is one of those cases where a box got put in the worng spot and accidentally shipped ahead of it's time.  Kind of like the one-off box of RotS figures that showed up in a MN Target in January alongside the Sneak Previews figures.  Just one box and months before anyone else found them.

I'll just set this aside as a really stange fluke since like everyone said previously, they aren't even on eBay or the e-tailers like ActionHQ or anything (and those guys always have stuff early).   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 14, 2006, 12:38 PM »
I really don't think it's fake... kind of funny how sometimes people think anytime something shows up early, it's got to be a hoax.  Like Jeff said, check out www.coreplanets.com, or go directly to the thread here -

http://www.coreplanets.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=63391&page=&fpart=all&vc=1

Apparently the buyer was able to get the figure for $5.00, as the older VOTC figures they had there were marked at that price.  If anyone wants to be a skeptic, it's your right, but I don't think it's worth someone's time to try and fake something like this.  Some people there got really ugly over it, which is sad.

If anyone tries to enter the SKU number at their Walmart and it doesn't work, that doesn't mean that this is a fake.  I've found new figures at Walmart before on the pegs that weren't even in their computer yet.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 12:41 PM by CHEWIE »