Author Topic: The Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST Thread  (Read 48435 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Halo 3 Video Game Thread
« Reply #180 on: September 1, 2009, 11:04 AM »
You over-estimate my skill my friend. Half the time I have struggle to get out of being dead last.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: The Halo 3 Video Game Thread
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2009, 02:51 AM »
I'm getting pretty psyched for the ODST release tomorrow night. A few of my LIVE friends were able to get early copies and already have about half of the achievements. We are going to need to have a JediDefender Firefight night here pretty soon. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: The Halo 3 & Halo 3: ODST Thread
« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2009, 10:09 AM »
Is it true that in order to play the fire-fight (hordes) mode, you'll have to use the ODST disk? I wonder how that will effect it's popularity.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 23, 2009, 10:45 AM »
My Targets didn't get their shipment in yesterday.  :(

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #184 on: September 23, 2009, 05:40 PM »
My Targets didn't get their shipment in yesterday.  :(

Bummer. :(

I loved the campaign. I beat the solo Legendary campaign in about 9-10 hours of actual playing time. I wish Bungie would have been able to release this at a lower price like they wanted to. It does have the feel of a big expansion rather than a brand new game. For me at least the campaign does make it worth it. It helped having $30 in Best Buy Reward Zone points, so ODST only cost me $30. :)
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2009, 11:45 PM »
I got my Recon last night. Yay me. :)
"This is the way."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 28, 2009, 12:58 PM »
My Targets didn't get their shipment in yesterday.  :(

Bummer. :(

I loved the campaign. I beat the solo Legendary campaign in about 9-10 hours of actual playing time. I wish Bungie would have been able to release this at a lower price like they wanted to. It does have the feel of a big expansion rather than a brand new game. For me at least the campaign does make it worth it. It helped having $30 in Best Buy Reward Zone points, so ODST only cost me $30. :)

I think it was worth it.  Not only did you get a campaign the same amount of levels as Halo 3, but you get Firefight which is ODST's answer to Multiplayer. AND you get the Mythic Map disk FREE with this. That's an extra $10 at least (since we all know these will eventually be made available on XBOX marketplace). But it's nice to have all the maps on one disc without having to download them. This helps all of those people who have multiple accounts not have to log in their original account they downloaded maps for so their alt accounts can play on them...sorry if that sounded confusing.

Anyway, if you pre-ordered you also got the Sgt. Johnson skin free.  Plus there is the Halo Reach Beta Invite.

I think we got a solid game with replayability and a nice assortment of extras.

I have yet to play it on Legendary. Though I will once I've gotten all the rest of the achievements. I like the story of tis game and the somewhat non-linear play of it. (Though I played it through as Bungie intended on my first run-through)

Oh, and I haz Recon as well. Nice looking armor, but the shininess is already starting to wear off since so many other people have it already now as well.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 12:59 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2009, 03:47 AM »
I finished all of my Halo achievements today. Now I just need to get the rest on Halo Wars.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 1, 2009, 10:32 AM »
I haven't even had a chance to pick the game up yet. I've been waaaay too busy.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 1, 2009, 12:46 PM »
I need 2 H3 achievements and 10 ODST Achievements. I've barely played Halo Wars. I thought I was going to be excited about it, but it became a dud for me. Eventually I'll get to it. I have the week off during Christmas to New Years, so maybe I'll play it then. Though I've got several games I need to play.

Games bought and not yet played:
Bioshock (just bought after finally playing the demo, looks sweet and I'll likely get BS2 when it comes out if the first one is as good as the demo was)
Fracture-I picked up this game when it first came out and it's STILL in the cellaphane.
LEGO SW (the complete series). I have both the OT and PT versions. I think those were on PS2 though. Now I'll be able to earn the achievements for the whole series!

Games need to finished but have started:
LEGO Indy
LEGO Batman

Games played through the campaign but don't have all the achievements for:
Mass Effect

So with those games needing played, I don't know if I'll get to Halo Wars anytime soon. I'm stuck on the 4th mission on normal. I'm just not understanding this game like I did with the SW RTS games.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 5, 2009, 10:16 AM »
The tough H3 achievement for me is going to perfection. Once I get the new game later this week, I'm up for an achievement party.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 5, 2009, 03:44 PM »
I finished my H3 achievements this weekend. I'm hoping to get a party together for some ODST Firefight this evening and through the week. I'd like to be able to knock all of those out, then it's just the Legendary ach, and the two Engineer ach's to go and I'll be done with that game as well.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #193 on: July 24, 2010, 01:57 PM »
If only I had the money... I've wanted to upgrade to the 360S but i can't afford it. I might have to just find a way...

(PS: Bang up job on that post subject Matt. :) )
"This is the way."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 24, 2010, 08:48 PM »
I love my 360s. It's a huge improvement over the original. It's very quiet. I think the Wii is louder when the drive spins up. It's stays very cool too.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours