Author Topic: Target Exclusive Imperial Shuttle  (Read 91010 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Imperial Shuttle
« Reply #135 on: November 1, 2006, 01:27 PM »
I hope it's not a Black Friday thing cause I don't wanna venture out and try to find it in that mess.

The only reason I'm hoping so is for bragging rights.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 1, 2006, 04:33 PM »
I'm wondering how they're going to stock this thing if it is indeed a Black Friday Special.  I mean they can fit what, maybe 10-15 at the most on an endcap and this may become a highly sought after item that morning.  Maybe they could cake them all on the top shelf ala the Millenium Falcon TF?  That's probably not a good idea though as the box is too freaking huge.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #137 on: November 1, 2006, 07:27 PM »
In the past I have seem them stack Black Friday toys (non-SW) on the seasonal area where they just had the halloween display.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 2, 2006, 04:15 PM »
I hope it's not a Black Friday thing cause I don't wanna venture out and try to find it in that mess.

The only reason I'm hoping so is for bragging rights.

That's great.
I remember my dream now.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 2, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Look at it this way, if it's a BF item, you'll know exactly when (and where) it will be available. 

Beats running around town and/or running DCPI's every other day.

:P

Edit:  And the only bragging that will be going on will be targeted towards Matt. 
« Last Edit: November 2, 2006, 04:44 PM by ruiner »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 2, 2006, 04:44 PM »
Actually Id rather run around town and punch in DCPIs than have to fight the mess that is Black Friday.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 2, 2006, 04:45 PM »
Look at it this way, if it's a BF item, you'll know exactly when (and where) it will be available. 

Beats running around town and/or running DCPI's every other day.

:P

Just sold my SAGA shuttle on ebay in anticipation of this since it's the SAME thing, cost 1/2 the price AND has 2 figures!   Didn't get as much as I'd wanted but I'd already determined I was getting rid of it before news about the Target one came out-  I just waited too long.  Oh well... in the meantime, I have my vintage shuttle to keep me happy!

Oboewan
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 2, 2006, 04:51 PM »
Actually Id rather run around town and punch in DCPIs than have to fight the mess that is Black Friday.

That's cool - I just don't have time these days to run around looking for figures.  It's a lot easier (and in the long run) cheaper to buy what I want online.

I used to enjoy finding figures on the pegs (it's a lot more exciting than getting a brown box left at the door) but between family, my commute to work and gas prices - things are too hectic.

With that said, even if I wanted a Shuttle, I think I'd resort to ebay and pay the premium price just to avoid the crowds and time it would take to nab one. 

Hell, you might be the first in line and still not get one.

In the end, I could give a **** less if it's a BF promo - it'd just be nice to prove Matt wrong for a change!

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 2, 2006, 05:05 PM »
I just know that if it is a black friday promo, most people won't be able to get one early like with most Target product.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 2, 2006, 05:12 PM »
I just know that if it is a black friday promo, most people won't be able to get one early like with most Target product.

I hope it's NOT cause I'll be in Dallas on BF instead of home in VA....  it would suck to have to ship it from there..but I guess I could fit it in suitcase if I needed too  8)
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 3, 2006, 10:58 AM »
No comment.

They pulled the shuttle from Target.com and my local store no longer has it in their system...  Looks like Hasbro's 'no comment' on the BF promo may be because there was never an intention for this to be out by then.  Or maybe even at all?

Thoughts?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 3, 2006, 11:48 AM »

I was thinking the same thing, but you know some people, they'll find a way.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darthmac

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Diorama Website
« Reply #147 on: November 3, 2006, 04:26 PM »
I'm fed up with Hasbro's evasive answers about this item (see today's Yakface Q&A).  I recommend we all start emailing target directly to get some information.  Maybe someone will run into a customer service rep that does not know to keep 'mum' about it.

In the very least we can flood them with emails about our interest in this item and make sure this happens.

Be sure to include the dcpi # 087-06-0483

Target customer service email

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #148 on: November 3, 2006, 04:31 PM »
Hmmm.. Star Wars.com Databank entry for today is the Imperial "Lambda-class" Shuttle.... I wonder if there is a pending announcement from SW.com in the not so distant future.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 3, 2006, 04:40 PM »
I would think we'd be hearing something before too long, if it is in fact happening.  Hasbro does seem to be being quite coy about it, and still hasn't come out and said "no, its not happening", so that leads me to believe we're seeing it at some point.  Hopefully we'll get some announcement and details soon.