Author Topic: Glorbes Customs (New Vader and Stormtrooper 1:12 scale-9)  (Read 79932 times)

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
Re: Glorbes Customs (3 3/4" Scale AT-ST w-i-p, 8)
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2008, 10:46 AM »
AT-ST

Fini!  This was lots of fun.  I went with the same khaki color that I used for the Indy Tank, simply because I thought it would look cool, and give the final product a unique look and feel. 

A few details that I added were the bedrolls/supply tarps, as well as a hinged storage container for things like weapons and supplies.  This was born from elements that I always enjoyed about toys when I was a kid...battery compartments were converted to storage spaces  :)

Detailing the back was fun.  The cooling fans were particularly tricky:

The storage containter:

Its difficult to see the detail that I added to the c0ckpit, but I love the fact that its there...I feel it adds a certain richness to the final product.

The AT-AT driver is the most appropriate figure I had to display with this thing...and he sure is a goofy looking figure:

One thing that I'm really proud of is that I managed to engineer two points of articulation beyond the ball jointed head.  The legs have mobility at the top where they connect with the body, allowing some extremely limited posing:

Leg and bottom detailing:

And an outside shot:

Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking!

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Glorbes Customs (AT-ST Complete! 8)
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2008, 11:58 AM »
 :o :o 8) OMG! THAT is REALLY SWEET! Great work.You can't go work for hasbro,or something to raise their quality up to standard ;)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2008, 04:38 PM »
The detail is amazing.  I wasn't sure of the color until I saw the outside shot...there it looks great, otherwise it looks sort of like a Tatooine camouflage design.

Very nice work!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2008, 06:49 PM »
very nice!  would this be considered steam punk like your other stuff?

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2008, 10:17 AM »
out...friggin'...standing!

I want THIS AT-ST!

Now THAT is the type of detail we need from Hasbro. If they can do it with the BMF, then they should take a page from your book here of the AT-ST and do that too. I'd GLADLY pay  $$'s for Hasbro toy of this at this level of quality.

BTW, if you were to make one of these for someone, how much would you ask? I'm serious about that.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Anyway you slice it, it's just incredible.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline glorbes

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
    • Glorbesworld
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2009, 08:57 AM »
Thanks so much for your feedback, everyone.  As always, it's much appreciated.  I've taken a break from the vehicle projects for a little while, concentrating lately on figures...both as a restoration of my sanity, and a as a way to improve my skills.

Darth Vader and Stormtrooper

I'm trying to update/redo some of my 1:12 scale (6") Star Wars customs, making them tighter and more accurate.  Here are the first two.

Darth Vader

This is heavily reworked from my previous Vader Custom.  The fabric has been replaced, and I added wire to the new cape. I shaved down the legs and arms, and (of course) sculpted the hell out of the new helmet.  Sculpey, Epoxy Putty, Apoxie Sculpt, styrene, and vinyl were all used on the this helmet sculpt...paint in the arse I tells ya.  The awesome (though extremely hard to photograph) gloss finish is from Krylon Fusion gloss black...it looks great in person.

Here's a comparison between my original headsculpt (on the left) and the new headsculpt (the work in progress on the right):

And now for the lackey:

This is a totally new custom.  The main challenges for this one were the accuracy of the helmet sculpt, maintaining articulation movement as much as possible, and creating armour without really heavy and ugly seams.

The armour is made from styrene with Apoxie Sculpt used to fill in the armour seams.  The helmet is made from epoxy putty, Apoxie Sculpt, and vinyl.  The blaster is styrene rod, tube, and sheet.

WIP:

Here they are together:

Comments and critiques are welcome and encouarged!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 09:00 AM by glorbes »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Glorbes Customs (New Vader and Stormtrooper 1:12 scale-9)
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2009, 01:36 AM »
Very nice work!  I like the WIP pictures as well as the 3.75" Sandtrooper as a comparison.  That gives a nice example of the scale.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Glorbes Customs (New Vader and Stormtrooper 1:12 scale-9)
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Have you ever worked with HYDROSPAN or HYDROSHRINK?

Hydrospan would be able to make a larger cast of the head you are trying to make. It might help speed the process.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!