Author Topic: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!  (Read 126230 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Gentle Giant Bust Ups!
« Reply #810 on: October 26, 2006, 11:53 PM »
I see Jeff posted a piece on the front page that mentions the Cantina bustups box set is shipping to retailers from GG so they should be available soon. 

My set shipped out from Talesofwonder.com today. 8)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 27, 2006, 12:05 AM »
I see Jeff posted a piece on the front page that mentions the Cantina bustups box set is shipping to retailers from GG so they should be available soon. 

My set shipped out from Talesofwonder.com today. 8)

Mine ships from Legendsaf.com tomorrow, along with my Bounty Hunter set.  I can't wait to play with them set them up!  ;)

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: November 2, 2006, 07:18 AM »
I wish I had the Blue Snags. I only ever saw Obi, Han, Ponda and Greedo at retail. Now I can't find any of them.

Strike that. Was able to obtain one from a guy over at RS. Nice to not have to worry about it anymore. Now if I could find someone to sell me a Gree or a Blackhole Stormie Bust Up for $6 I'd be happy.  ;D
I remember my dream now.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 2, 2006, 10:06 AM »
I'd be happy with that too, but I've been very lucky to get one each of Gree and BHS from my SWS packs.  I'd love to have each version, but since the BHS with rifle just went for a BIN of about $175, I don't think that's going to happen.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 2, 2006, 05:09 PM »
Yikes! I just saw that. Looks like I'll just have to get a few regular Stormies and paint them.
I remember my dream now.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 3, 2006, 03:24 AM »
Yikes! I just saw that. Looks like I'll just have to get a few regular Stormies and paint them.

Give them to Paul, if you go that direction Robb.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 9, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Any word on the next series for these guys? 

Noted in the Q&A at scum that they are changing these in some fashion come February of 2007.  I'm a little concerned about that, I actually like these the way they are :-\

And I think we can infer that there won't be a sale of the 100th Fett bustup at any point soon, but you can obtain it for free at future events?  I actually sprung for one of these to get up to date.  Also the blue clone from AOTC is identical to the coming version :-\  Should have left mine in the package.  Hoping for a subtle paint difference somehow. 

As an aside, has anyone seen the Simpsons THOH (series 4) down south yet?

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 9, 2006, 07:31 PM »
Picked up a set of the new Animated Clone Wars Bust-Ups yesterday. They are out!

-Snags

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: November 10, 2006, 03:39 AM »
Noted in the Q&A at scum that they are changing these in some fashion come February of 2007.  I'm a little concerned about that, I actually like these the way they are :-\

Yeah, I really enjoy them how they are.  A "stylistic" change?  That could mean just about anything.  ???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: November 10, 2006, 10:28 AM »
Picked up a set of the new Animated Clone Wars Bust-Ups yesterday. They are out!

-Snags

Thanks for the information.  I preordered my set from my comic guy so they should arrive soon.  Any word on the chase pieces yet?  Seems the trend has been for one pretty easy, one absurdly hard (for most of us). 

Offline bluesnaggletooth1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: November 11, 2006, 01:41 PM »

-Snags

Thanks for the information.  I preordered my set from my comic guy so they should arrive soon.  Any word on the chase pieces yet?  Seems the trend has been for one pretty easy, one absurdly hard (for most of us). 

Morgbug,

It looks like the chase pieces are the Red and Blue ARCs. I bought seven Clone Troopers and they were ALL white. Four were from the same case, so it looks like some cases are shipping all white troopers. The Blue seems to be easier to get than the Red, based on what I've heard. The Red is next to impossible to find.

Also, there is an all-white General Grievous (one per case) and a grey translucent Anakin (one in four cases). Crazy.

-Snags
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 08:24 PM by bluesnaggletooth1 »

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: November 12, 2006, 12:45 AM »
I finally opened my recent boxsets.  The Cantina Band members are great!  I opened the Vader, Boba Fett and IG-88 from Bounty Hunter set and they look great too.  I opened 4-LOM to see how he compared to the old one and there are some minor differences - a different base and other minor paint differences.  I don't think the difference is enough to convince me to open the Bossk, Zuckuss and Dengar.  I'll probably try and sell them.

I decided to cancel my order for the AOTC Clone Trooper sets.  I guess I just lost interest in the non-OT figures.  That being said, I still want the Clone Wars ones.   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: November 14, 2006, 01:13 AM »
Damn you Smentek for posting the news:

Four, count 'em, four bloody chase pieces :-\

Blue ARC Trooper
Red ARC Captain
White General Grievous
Translucent Gray Anakin.

If anyone finds spares, I'm interested. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 14, 2006, 02:55 AM »
Bah, these chases just don't do it for me, except for the red and blue ARCs, of course.  The white Grievous and translucent Anakin won't be a concern for me.

I just wish that one of the comic shops in town carried these to avoid having to order a case online. :-\

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 14, 2006, 03:34 AM »
I've had zero luck finding anything but Yoda. The comic shops around here don't carry them so I've had to try to rely on Hot Topic.
I remember my dream now.