Author Topic: need WIP advice  (Read 2974 times)

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
need WIP advice
« on: June 15, 2006, 05:23 AM »
Hey guys,

it's been some timesince I posted anything Hasbro-related here, so here I go. I've been doing some commissions these past few months and that's why I ended up with a lot of clone parts in my fodder bin.

So I started experimenting. I put an old Clone pilot torso and arms on top of a pair of commander legs and modded them a bit. Now I'm stuck. I have NO IDEA what soever to do with him now. What colors? More Mods? What type of clone will he be? Anyway, al advice is welcome. Here's a pic of the WIP btw.

"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: need WIP advice
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:49 AM »
he could be a guard on an asteroid base camp...or a clone from a planet with a thin atmosphere...i like it....personally id go with bugundy for the colour...but thats cause i like burgundy lol.....he could even be one of the gunnert clones that work the guns on the starship....lk the ones in the begining of rots
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 10:11 AM »
Hmm...I'm stumped too, Kit. Maybe add a cloth belt to sort of distinguish the "fabric" part of the Pilot's uniform to the armor of the CC legs...maybe add the Clone Pilots shins? That would look pretty good.

As for a backstory, he could be about anything. Pilot, Ground Soldier, I'm just not sure. I'll think about it and if I have anything, I'll let you know.
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 10:19 AM »
He looks like he could be a deep-space construction worker too.

Offline RollaJedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Twisted by the Dark Side
    • View Profile
    • Coreplanets.com
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 10:40 AM »
I like that idea as well.  Maybe give him some bulkier armor, some bigger space boots that go up to this knees and have propulsion jets on them, and a big backpack/jetpack.  Also, include some kind of welder or something industrial.
W W W . C O R E P L A N E T S . C O M
www.coreplanets.com
Missouri and Kansas Star Wars Fan Site

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 10:55 AM »
He kind of reminds me of cruise missile trooper.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 12:33 PM »
He's a door gunner.

1. He is easily tied as a pilot class Clone with that helmet.

2. Not having much upper body armor is consistent with someone who camps out behind a big gun, not often close to small arms fire to the point bulky chest armor would matter for him. If anything kills him, it's taking the whole gunship down.

3. Having leg armor makes sense, as the time when he is close to small arms fire (troop drops), that fire would come from lower angles.

4. Less armor on the arms means he can hold them up for longer periods of time with less fatigue. This is important if he's running a heavy gun for long periods of time.

5. The pilots gloves make more sense as they would be be suitable for the battlefield and would give him better feel for his weapon controls.

6. The small plate of armor the rebreather is fitted to would allow him to more comfortably bring his hands together in front of him (take a large dinner platter, lay it on your chest and then bring your hands together out in front of you like you're aiming a pistol. Do that with a smaller dinner plate. The latter is much more comfortable and you can maintain the posture for longer periods).

I made a super-quick PShop of how I'd paint him up, attaching him to the Star Corps. :)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 01:03 PM »
IN rem's color scheme is nice if you like the Steelers ;D
What always sets "made up" clones apart in my view are the
little detals/accesories that get added.

Look at AE77's clones... Little bits of styreene go a long way!
Bands, pouches, lil gadgets..
Also take a look at the clone concept sketches done here a while ago(maybe end of last year)
They have alot of nice little details added to them.

Offline Kit Fisto

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Tell your people to take shelter."
    • View Profile
    • Sofie and Jeffreys' Art/Custom Database
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 01:14 PM »
Thanx for the fine ideas people. I'll look into those concepts you're talking about Glassman. And In Rem, thanx for the ffort. There are some cool thing in your shop-doodle.
"You're right! The Wu-Tang and the Shaolin could be dangerous!!"

My Website

Me on Ebay

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 01:16 PM »
Well, it was supposed to look more Bly than Bettis, but I see your point, Glassman. :)

I have an opposite view of grunt Clones (and I'd propose this would be a class of Clones unto themselves), in that they get "standard issue" gear. Commanders like Cody get bells and whistles, but even the more elaborate RotS Clones had mostly basic equipment. Some of the concept clones we've seen - particularly in that amazing series of drawings - have been eye-poppingly amazing, but in my mind they don't gel with the Star Wars universe conception of the Clone/Stormtrooper

No matter which way you go, I think you have a spectacular base to jump off from.

Offline CloneCommander1

• Jedi Initiate
  • Oh no you did-nt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 02:45 PM »
That waist looks small, he needs a belt or something.  As for everything else, I like InRem's idea.
It's not just football, it's Notre Dame football!