Author Topic: =JeDiStYlE's CuStOm's=8/10 10th RAD,Vos's Troops,Airborne Shocktrooper&Commando  (Read 52431 times)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
Re: =JeDiStYlE's CuStOm's= Updated 7/13 Jedi Master Quinlan Vos
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 09:54 AM »
I think Vos looks really good.  I think the sculpy hair came out very nice.  What head is that?  For that matter, I'd like the whole recipe.  Keep up the fine Comic Book versions of these characters.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2006, 11:08 AM »
thanks for the comments guys, it's much appriciated!

brent -  here's the recipe:

head = potj eth koth
torso = aotc deluxe mace windu
arms = aotc tatooine ambush anikin skywalker
hands = a couple randoms from my pile of hands
legs = rots kit fitso

lance - i chose that head because of the scowl he has going and the already existing hair made for a stable base to attatch my sculpy hair to. what head do you think would be good for vos? i have another eth koth head i wad going to use for my dark vos but if you have any suggestions i'd definetley appriciate it.

thanks agian guys!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline VF/501

• Youngling
  • From the water we're born, and in the fire we die
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2006, 05:06 AM »
All of the above jedi are amazing, especially the dri brushing and washes on Sora Bulq and Roron Corobb,  really briings out the detail and you captured the essence of Dark Bulq from the comics very well.  Just need a pic of him fighting Vos or stabbing Oppocis Rancis.
Palpatine:Lord Vader
Vader:Master, my suit chafes
Palps:Do you use Darkside
Vader:Yes master
Palps:In time you will learn the true power of the darkside
Vader:Which is
To stop chafing in clothes

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2006, 02:18 PM »
thanks for all the encouraging words on my last few custom guys, they are really appriciated. here are a few more custom, a couple have been done for about a month, but most i just finished recently. hope you like and as usual feel free to give any comments or suggestion because they are always appriciated!

=Zabrak Jedi Padawan=

=Shivastanian Wolfman Jedi Master= (with dreadlocks)

=Shivastanian Wolfman Jedi Master= (back view of dreads)

=Human jedi Knight=

=Trandoshan jedi Padawan=

On this Aayla, I just did a little bit of parts mixing between the 2 of her figures to ad some articulation and gave her a darker paint job to reflect her apperance in the comics.

=Jedi Master Aayla Secura=

=Jedi Master Aayla Secura=

=Aqualish peasant=

=jEdIsTyLe=
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline monstermonkey

• Youngling
  • What is this... "llama" you speak of?
    • View Profile
Re: =JeDiStYlE's CuStOm's= Updated 7/24 Jedi.Jedi & a peasant!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Your customs are awesome! I really like your use of drybrushing and washes. I especially like the Aqualish Peasant, the "real hair" whiskers came out great. I've tried working with small hair details in the past and it would just come out messy. Yours looks professional ;D

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2006, 08:25 PM »
You have been on one hell of a roll here lately!

Aqualish Peasant - one of the coolest customs I've seen on the JD boards in a long time.  Very creative and look at the hair on his face!  Wow!  I'd buy several of this figure if it were available.

Aayla - Looks like an improvement on a good figure, which is hard to do. 

Trandoshan - Really catches my eye.  Very nice use of parts and painting... I like the dull skin tone a lot.

Human Jedi - Talk about turning a dull Jedi into something that jumps out at you!  Great paint scheme and contrast on his outfit.

Shivastanian Wolfman - Very nice too, that's one of the best ideas for hair braids I've ever seen.

Zabrak Jedi Padawan - Another stellar effort.  I don't like that head sculpt, but it still looks great.  Really excellent dry brushing on this one.

Very nice update Jedistyle!!

:)

Offline Fritzkrieg

• Jedi Padawan
  • Don't make me destroy you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Awsome Work!

The Shivastanian Wolfman Jedi Master is my favorite of the lot. The Dredlocks were a great Idea and I feel thats what really sells this Custom.

Keep up the Great Work!

Fritzkrieg
Fritzkrieg

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2006, 02:17 PM »
thanks to fritz, chewie and monstermonkey for the feedback on my last update, i appriciate it. this is the custom i did for the yakfinities challenge. he is a clone commander during the transitional phase of the rise of the empire. i wanted to keep it simple but still try to give it the pop and armor diversity of the clones from rots, so i stuck eith imperial greay,black and white, and tried mix it up with the armor. as always feel free to leave any comments or suggestions, thay are always welcome!

=Imperial Clone Commander Kire=
[/img]

[/img]
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: =JeDiStYlE's CuStOm's= Updated 7/30 Imperial Clone commander Kire
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2006, 08:07 PM »
The Jedi saga continues. Here are afew more of my jedi. Just a little info, I do alot of other cusotms aside from Jedi, but I have been very jedi focused latley, becuase I'm putting together alot of Jei for my Geonosian Arena display, so I don't mean to bor anyone with my Jedi. Anyhow, here are a few more of my Jedi....

=Rodian Jedi Master=

=Human Female Padawan=

=Duros Jedi Knight=

As always, comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome and appriciated, thanks....
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline ars30

• Youngling
  • What is Understood_ Doesn't need to be Discussed
    • View Profile
    • Tradelist
Re: =JeDiStYlE's CuStOm's= Updated 8/26 A few more Jedi!!!
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2006, 04:36 PM »
You Were Afraid You Were Going To Bore Us? I Always Love Looking At Other Customizer's Work. I Feel Helps Me Improve And Pickup Tips And Tricks. So As far As I'm Concerned If Never Post Anything Other Than Jedi I'm Still Happy I Get To See Your Work. I Haven't Seen A Custom On Your Thread I Did Not Like. Keep Up The Great Work.

Allen

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: =JeDiStYlE's CuStOm's= Updated 8/26 A few more Jedi!!!
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2006, 12:06 AM »
here is a custom i recently finished for a challenge over at yak. please feel free to leave any comments or feedback as it is always appriciated! hope you enjoy!

=Tri Sunor= Mercenary & Jedi Killer (former Jedi Master)

A Survivor of the Battle Of Geonosis, The Clone Wars and Order 66, former Jedi Master Anzor Sunor is a great warrior and a force to be reckoned with. After fighting his way through battalions of traitorous Clones, watching the fall of the Jedi Order and sensing the coming darkness closing it's grip on the galaxy, Tri, as many other Jedi, assumed another identity and went underground. Sheding his Jedi robes, he took up the title of mercenary. Anzor changed his name to Tri, armed himself well, including a modified heavy blaster he "reappropriated" from a dispatched ARC Trooper and carried 2 lightsabers, claiming to be a Jedi killer to amplify his mercenary persona. The 2 lightsabers are actually his own and that of his fallen Padawan, who was killed during Order 66. Tri has become a wanderer, hoping one day to somehow bring justice back to the galaxy and return the Jedi Order to it's former place in a broken galaxy.

Tri was last seen on Dantooine with a small faction of the growing Anti-Empire movement. His current whereabouts are unknown......

=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: =JeDiStYlE's CuStOm's= Updated 9/20 A fugitive Jedi turned Mercenary!
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2006, 12:29 AM »
Wow, great background for a great figure! The paintjob is once again really good. Especially his skin tone and eyes.

What parts did you use? Seems like a lot of different figures were offered for this one  :)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2006, 12:15 AM »
sorry i didn't respond sooner incom! :-[ here's the recipe for the tri sunor figure-

head: cw twilek, jedi army 3pk.
torso: aotc cpt. typho(with capsule from cw obi shoulder harness)
arms: cw obi wan
hands: gijoe spytroops barrel roll
jacket: gijoe comic 3pk. hannibal
legs: rots kit fitso
shoulder bag & leg pouches: bbi figures w/added elastic sling/strap
lightsabers: random jedi?
gun: cw arc trooper w/ring & sling added

Ok, here's a pretty big update. I've been trying to mix it up and do some different stuff. I'm not entirely happy with all of them, but i like them for the most part and hope you enjoy them too. As always comments, suggestions and feedback are welcome and appriciated, so here ya go......

=Iktochi traveler=

recipe=
head:aotc seasee tiin
torso:potj imperial officer
arms:ep1 ki adi mundi
legs:rots plo koon
travel bag:21st century xd military soldier

=Jedi knight=(generic)

recipe=
head:saga dutch vander
torso & arms:rots kit fitso
hands:gijoe spytroops gung ho
skirt:potj qui gon jin(in farmer disguise)
legs:rots agen kolar
lightsabers: random (from my lightsaber container)

=Imperial Commando=

recipe=
head:bbi military figure
entire body: rots #14 sa clone trooper
helemt:gtg
paldron:potj sandtrooper
rifle:potj stormtrooper

=Sith Master=(generic)

recipee=
head:gijoe spytroops crimson guard commander
entire body: evo darth sidious/emperor palpatine
hood:gijoe spytroops zartan
cape:saga darth tyranus
lightsabers:rots count dooku

=Jedi Outcast=

recipe=
head:gtg
entire body:evo darth maul
cloak:saga long snout
sword:gijoe spytoops snake eyes
lightsaber:random(from my lightsaber container
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 11:00 AM by jedistyle »
=jEdIsTyLe=

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2006, 05:25 AM »
I really like that Imperial Commando. Great use of parts.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2006, 07:43 AM »
Excellent work on all of them, but the Imp Commando is my favorite. The paint is top notch. Unfortunately I have to leave for work right now but I will comment more later.

Excellent job.