Author Topic: Target "Ambush On Ilum" Battle Pack  (Read 44271 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Target "Ambush On Ilum" Battle Pack
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2006, 09:34 AM »
The chameleon droids were a bit of a surprise, but a welcome one.  I too probably would have bought this set just for the Padme, but the set overall doesn't look too bad.  Glad we're getting this version of Padme, hopefully its well done once we see some clearer pictures.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2006, 10:23 AM »
Some one please point out the second droid?

Kevin

Both are to the right of the picture. The second one is in the background.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2006, 11:16 AM »

Like a lot of people, I'm sold on just the Padme alone, not to mention the Chameleon and other figures.

I just hope the final product has the correct gray paint on 3PO. :-\
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 11:27 AM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2006, 12:16 PM »
I with the others and not convinced that we'll get more than one Chameleon in this set.  Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2006, 02:25 PM »
I am hoping you're wrong too Brent because if we get two this is a set I'll nab a couple of just for the droids.  The Padme's nice if not partially re-used parts, and R2/3PO are always good fodder...  The droids make the set though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dark Empire Luke

• Youngling
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2006, 04:34 PM »
I'll get this just for the Padme and the BDs, I don't like that Hasbro didn't fix the C3PO to atleast be accurate to the cartoon and in AOTC colors but without the dirt, however.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2006, 10:55 PM »
I think we are only getting one Droid, and i think we are lucky even with that. It woul dbe nice if 3PO was more accurate, I hope they fix that.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2006, 03:31 PM »
It has to be one.  If the second droid in the background is real then the size of the box for this BP is as wide as the AT-AT box is tall.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2006, 03:38 PM »
That is the photo on the back of the box.  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2006, 04:12 PM »
I know.   But recent pics from the other BPs show the figures closer together in profile than this particular BP.  The Tantive IV one shows a stormy behind Vader but he does not appear to be so far that you can barely see him.  I honestly wish that it had two but the way Hasbro has been screwing with us lately, I really doubt. 

But I will happily eat crow over this. :D
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2006, 11:07 PM »
i REALLY want this padme to be super. and as I look carefully, i see articulation at the knees  :o  ;D. that is bound to be a good figure. let's just hope it doesnt have wide legs like moff jerjerod  :P or a buttugly face like rots padme  ::) . i personally have high hopes...and expectations...for this fig.

it strikes me as odd that extremely early pics like this off 4inches are always so highly anticipated, but end up being icky and blurry. kind of like most bigfoot sighting pictures.  :P  ::)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:11 PM by PITDROID1468 »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #86 on: November 1, 2006, 01:46 AM »
I'm holding judgment on Padme till we see something clearer...  Don't get me wrong, it looks like it has potential to be pretty cool...  but the arms coming together for the pistol is a little curious.  I'm wondering if they're stuck like that basically.  The wide stance then is also not looking great...  The coat looks fantastic, but I just see too much there that could be bad for me to jump for joy yet.  I hate pre-posed figures over poseable figures, and this might be one I'm afraid.

Still want the droids...  I'm just thinking Padme will be like the last CW figures we got, and not be too high on my display shelf due to lacking articulation and ****** poses.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 1, 2006, 12:38 PM »

I feel 2 cham droids will come this. It will be unlike the senate pack that had 4 figs and a large extra piece. Since we are shown only 3 basic figs I would guess there are 2 droids so we don't feel shorted. They appear for now to be large--which I like. I hope I'm right here-I would hate for Hasbro to offer a BP with 4 pieces only and have retail try to charge the same price as any other BP that gets 5 pieces :P. Like Jesse though, I would like to see more clearer pics front AND back of the BP to defer final judgement until then though. Especially with that leia--since this what we see looks like Leis has a *gasp* package!! :-X

The DS

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 1, 2006, 12:40 PM »

I feel 2 cham droids will come this. It will be unlike the senate pack that had 4 figs and a large extra piece. Since we are shown only 3 basic figs I would guess there are 2 droids so we don't feel shorted. They appear for now to be large--which I like. I hope I'm right here-I would hate for Hasbro to offer a BP with 4 pieces only and have retail try to charge the same price as any other BP that gets 5 pieces :P. Like Jesse though, I would like to see more clearer pics front AND back of the BP to defer final judgement until then though. Especially with that leia--since this what we see looks like Leis has a *gasp* package!! :-X

The DS

Unless the Cham droids are "larger" thus being more similar to the Senate Pod.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: November 1, 2006, 12:53 PM »
Let's see, so far every Battle Pack we've seen has been composed of either 4 figures and an extra piece (Senate Pod) -or- 5 basic figures.

I'm not sure why everyone is thinking this one is just going to have 4 pieces?  Is the Droid really that big?   

I mean, the Senate pod was big but we still got 4 figures along with it, right?  ???

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender