Author Topic: McFarlane Sportspicks  (Read 193364 times)

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Sportspicks
« Reply #840 on: July 2, 2006, 09:59 AM »
I'm disappointed that they are doing only a Yankees and Astros version  :-\. While I can understand completely that an Astros fig should be made, they should've made 3 versions (Red Sox, Yankees, & Blue Jays) of the collectors club exclusive instead of picking solely the Yankees version...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 2, 2006, 04:11 PM »
I like the new sculpt.  Very much like the Rocket staring down a batter at the plate.  Also glad to see that they're finally doing him in pinstripes.  He never got a pinstriped figure while he was on the team.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: August 6, 2006, 06:46 PM »
SPAWN.com is reporting the new Cooperstown Series 4, MLB Series 17, and 3" line for 2007.

Cooperstown -

Joe DiMaggio
Johnny Bench
Ted Williams
Roger Maris
Steve Carlton
Ozzie "The Wizard of Oz" Smith

MLB 17 -

Josh Beckett - Red Sox
Jim Thome - White Sox
Robinson Cano - Yankees
Eric Chavez - Athletics

Yankee's 3 Pack - Jason Giambii, Derek Jetter (new pose), & Jorge Posada (new pose)
Cub's 3 Pack - Derrek Lee, Greg Madux (oops traded to Dodgers), Carlos Zambrano

3" line -

Manny Ramirez 2 -- Boston Red Sox
Derrek Lee -- Chicago Cubs
Andruw Jones 2 -- Atlanta Braves
Derek Jeter 2 -- New York Yankees
Ivan Rodriguez -- Detroit Tigers
Orlando Hudson -- Arizona Diamondbacks
Josh Beckett -- Boston Red Sox
Mike Piazza -- San Diego Padres
Pedro Martinez -- New York Mets
Pat Burrell -- Philadelphia Phillies
Jason Giambi -- New York Yankees
Jim Edmonds -- St. Louis Cardinals
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: August 6, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Cano is a bit of a surprise, but he's a Yankee so I'll buy him.

I see the Cubs 3pak getting scratched or them just replacing Maddux w/ maybe say, Michael Barrett.

The Jeter isn't in a new pose.  It's the version they put in the 2pak w/ the sliding Garciaparra, only now it'll be in the pinstripes.

Jay

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: August 7, 2006, 08:34 AM »

I see the Cubs 3pak getting scratched or them just replacing Maddux w/ maybe say, Michael Barrett.

The Jeter isn't in a new pose. It's the version they put in the 2pak w/ the sliding Garciaparra, only now it'll be in the pinstripes.

Jay

I am just reporting what they posted on the site.

Personally unless they start branching out more to do figures for more teams I think it is a wasted line. As both Yankee's & red Sox stuff can still be found here in Minnesota.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: August 7, 2006, 01:15 PM »

The Jeter isn't in a new pose. It's the version they put in the 2pak w/ the sliding Garciaparra, only now it'll be in the pinstripes.

Jay

I am just reporting what they posted on the site.

Personally unless they start branching out more to do figures for more teams I think it is a wasted line. As both Yankee's & red Sox stuff can still be found here in Minnesota.

Wasn't knocking you, just correcting you since that Jeter info I provided is straight off of Spawn.com.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: August 18, 2006, 11:08 PM »

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: August 22, 2006, 05:31 PM »
I got the "No Winner" for the Deions.   :'(

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 5, 2006, 04:54 PM »
Has anyone found NFL 13 yet?  Release date was August 2006 but I haven't seen anything yet at either TRU or KB.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 5, 2006, 07:10 PM »
Has anyone found NFL 13 yet?  Release date was August 2006 but I haven't seen anything yet at either TRU or KB.

NFL13 and Legends2 flipped flopped release dates. NFL 13 should start hitting end of September or early October.  Legends2 is starting to hit now.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 5, 2006, 07:52 PM »
Oh I see, thanks.

What I'm observing at my TRU is a glut of NBA not even moving on clearance for 4.97, and a big glut of Cooperstown baseball like Jackie Robinson and Carlton Fisk.  The NBA is all figures, even LeBron, Nowitzki etc. 

I don't think a lot of people really like the NBA!

The other thing I'm noticing is that Walmart and TRU seem to have received solid cases of Gary Sheffield, here in NY.  The other figures in the newest baseball wave like Peavy, Podsednik, Victor Martinez, Manny, I have only seen in KB.

Anyway, I thought maybe the reason why my TRU hadn't stocked NFL 13 yet was the solid brick of cooperstown and NBA figs on the pegs.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2006, 07:53 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 11, 2006, 08:28 AM »
Being reported on Spawn.com

NEW BASEBALL SPORTS PICKS LINEUP REVEALED
Youth Is Served in MLB 18
September 08, 2006
Copyright 2006 TMP International, Inc.

Major League Baseball has been blessed with an abundance of talented rookies and breakout young stars, and next May's MLB 18 lineup shows a healthy respect for these "young guns." Mix in a pair of unique sequel figures for two of the game's best players and you've got a dynamite lineup sure to please collectors everywhere.

Ryan Howard -- Philly's slugging first baseman never heard the term "sophomore slump." In just his second year in the big leagues, Howard made the All-Star Team, won the Home Run Derby, put the Phillies on his back, chased Roger Maris' home run mark of 61, and made himself a legitimate MVP candidate. The scary part? He's only 26.

David Ortiz 2 -- The most feared hitter in the game today is Boston DH David Ortiz. With a keen eye, power to spare and a flair for the dramatic, Ortiz is the driving force in the Red Sox lineup. With a personality to match his accomplishments, there is a nation of Ortiz fans that don't care beans about the Red Sox. Couple that with the dedicated Beantown faithful and you've got probably the most popular player in the Major Leagues.

Justin Verlander -- There are 100 reasons to respect Tigers rookie pitcher Justin Verlander, and every one of them is a mile-per-hour. Verlander is a big part of Detroit's Cinderella season -- he became the first rookie pitcher in baseball history to win 10 games before the end of June.

Mariano Rivera 2 -- The strains of "Enter Sandman" ring through Yankee Stadium, a door opens in the outfield wall and out walks the most dominant closer in the history of the game. Mariano Rivera has taken the mound under the brightest of spotlights for the last decade and delivered inning upon inning of brilliant relief -- breaking bats and killing dreams all along the way.

David Wright -- You might remember him for his airborne dive into the stands, or his barehanded stab in shallow left field, or his All-Star Game home run. David Wright is the new face of the very talented New York Mets -- coming soon to the playoffs near you.

Brandon Webb -- The new-look Arizona Diamondbacks stayed competitive all season in 2006 -- staying close to the N.L. West and Wild Card leaders while breaking in a new crop of rookies. Brandon Webb established himself as the ace of the staff, and delivered wins in 14 of his first 28 starts, matching his career-high in wins while turning in his best stats in ERA and WHIP as well.

With young talent like this meshing with established superstars, the future certainly looks bright for Major League Baseball, and for McFarlane's Sports Picks as well. MLB 18 is scheduled to arrive in stores in early May 2007.

Decent line up - BUT WHERE THE F&%^ is Joe Mauer on this list. The guy stands to be the first catcher in the American League to with the Batting Tittle.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 11, 2006, 08:42 AM »

Decent line up - BUT WHERE THE F&%^ is Joe Mauer on this list. The guy stands to be the first catcher in the American League to with the Batting Tittle.

Let's see if he can beat out Jeter first.

The names on the list look good, but let's see how many of them are reused sculpts and poor likenesses.  I usually wind up buying only 1/2 of each wave, inevitably some of the figures just don't measure up because they look exactly like a previously released figure, or just don't look like the player.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 11, 2006, 11:19 AM »

Let's see if he can beat out Jeter first.

The names on the list look good, but let's see how many of them are reused sculpts and poor likenesses. I usually wind up buying only 1/2 of each wave, inevitably some of the figures just don't measure up because they look exactly like a previously released figure, or just don't look like the player.

Regardless of if he beats Jetter or not, the fact that he has led for over 1/2 the season should count for something.