Author Topic: Eternal Jedi, Another Chapter 1 Pev. Pic.  (Read 3920 times)

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
  • My people are dead, I shall have revenge.
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
Eternal Jedi, Another Chapter 1 Pev. Pic.
« on: June 29, 2006, 12:40 AM »
I have had a really bad year, with my Aunt, losing my camera, my computer crashing, my dog. I'm sticking to a regular film camera with my scanner, for now. My new photonovel will hopfully be up by mid-July. Here's the background:

The force is the ultimate power. Unknown to the Jedi or the Sith, one being exists. One who posseses the ultimate power. The power to destroy all. This being is the force. He is life. He is power. He is The Phoenix. He controlls all. Omri Vaono is the Phoenix. He has sat and watched all evil come to power, all that is right be destroyed. He has had enough. After spending eternity fearing his power, he has come to embrace them. In one swift strike, the Phoenix returns. He has one mission, and one only, stop the pain. Stop the death. Stop the Empire.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2006, 07:34 PM by DarK_PhoeniX »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: The Phoenix Reborn, No Pics.....Yet, But Hopefully Worth a Look
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 04:03 PM »
Sounds pretty cool, looking forward to it.

:)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Dude, sorry but this kinda seems like a Rip of Of Phoenix in X-men, the ultimate mutant, the only one that powerful ever. Sorry but I think you may need to reevalutate your Idea.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
I don't know anything about the Phoenix in X-Men... I thought this was an all new idea?

Offline Nirvana

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
All I know that Phoenix was one crazy b***h in X3.  :)
My whole expanse...I cannot see...

Offline Olander

• Youngling
  • Always look at the bright side of the Force!
    • View Profile
In the X-men comics, Phoenix is indeed a very powerful (psionic) creature  who uses Jean Grey as a host for her time on earth.
In the movie, Phoenix is some kind of alter ego of Jean Grey

For more information about the Phoenix, you could look at this site: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=60

But indeed, the idea looks a lot like the Phoenix in the X-men series.
"You call this aggressive negotiations?"
 "No, I call it diplomatic solutions."

Offline In Rem

• Jedi Initiate
  • Objection!
    • View Profile
    • Hobbygeek.com
The entire concept of the Phoenix is very earthly, actually. The idea of a bird rising again from its own ashes, and the word phoenix itself are very rooted in earth mythos. It'd be like having a story about a special lightsaber and calling it Excalibur or a mighty warrior Jedi and calling him Achilles.

The concept is good (we all know Star Wars borrows heavily from Eastern and Western mythology), but I'd come up with some new words. Lucas didn't call the Jedi Samurai for a reason - this is a whole new universe.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
It is kind of a rip on Phoenix from X-Men. It's still in the developmental stages. Things are very likely to change, but the name is going to stay the same. The bird has always been godly in my eyes, and that's the type of feeling I want people to get from this character. I was very moved(lack of a better word) by Brian Singer's take on Phoenix. That's why I chose this to be the main part of the story, and the baisis of my username.
« Last Edit: July 2, 2006, 08:05 PM by DarK_PhoeniX »

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
Re: The Phoenix Reborn, Chapter 1 Pev. Pic.
« Reply #8 on: July 3, 2006, 12:09 AM »
Here is the Chapter One preview pic.:

Sorry about the pictures HUGE size, I'm still a newbie with Photobucket, and my photoshop-ish software. Phoenix Reborn, Chapter One: Return shoud be up soon.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2006, 12:17 AM by DarK_PhoeniX »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 3, 2006, 05:45 PM »
When you have a chance, try to make all your pics the exact same length/width - it really will make it easier on your photobucket account and also on the readers. 

Looks like an attack on a civilian ship!

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #10 on: July 3, 2006, 07:34 PM »
I did some reworking of the plot line and I decided that Omri Vaono(main character) was a Jedi during the Star Forge debacle. He was approached by the Jedi Council and given the choice to become, for lack of better terms, an essence of the light side of the force. The Council  gave him this option because the Jedi were facing extinction at the hands of the Sith. His new powers made him immortal. That's how he lived for almost 3,500 years before my photonovel. I also renamed the series it will furthermore be known as Eternal Jedi. Make sense? Anyway, back to the real reason I wanted to post. Another chapter one preview pic:

I have spent nearly 3,000, waiting, watching the world go by. Letting all my dreams slip away. Letting the one I love die. Watching my only family die away. I still remember that day at the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine...

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: Eternal Jedi, Another Chapter 1 Pev. Pic.
« Reply #11 on: July 4, 2006, 11:20 PM »
That sounds like a great compromise & solution DP! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #12 on: July 5, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Yeah, I wanted to do something different. Sort of the same, but different. I've played KOTOR, but I only made it half way through before I had to return it. I think I made the picture too small so slightly larger? Is that okay? I don't want to have them so small people need to get out their glasses.

Offline Jedi_Assassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My Xanga
« Reply #13 on: July 5, 2006, 07:20 PM »
Hey. I did some more pics, I'm not going to show them because I've shown enough. Just a word of information; on Coruscant and all other planets in the Empire, the Emperor ordered all signs of the Jedi be destroyed. The Jedi Temple is now a monument to the Emperor. All of the towers are now constantly burning. Just a bit of info.