Author Topic: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?  (Read 14749 times)

Offline jediguy

• Youngling
  • Sith Happens
    • View Profile
Re: Ever Walk Out of A Movie?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2003, 12:58 AM »
   Okay, okay, I know it's not that good to "bring old topics back from the dead" but I just wanted to say my friend just called and they walked out of Pirates of the Carribean.  Why o why?  I thought it was good.  I have some weird friends.
". . . now screwed we all will be."

-Yoda // Star Wars: Episode III: A Lost Hope

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2003, 01:00 AM »
  Okay, okay, I know it's not that good to "bring old topics back from the dead" but I just wanted to say my friend just called and they walked out of Pirates of the Carribean.  Why o why?  I thought it was good.  I have some weird friends.

I haven't seen it yet, but from Matt (JediMac) has said it looks like it's a great movie.  I plan on seeing it tomorrow night.  I can't imagine anyone walking out of that movie.  
dustrho

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2003, 01:11 AM »
The only film I've ever walked out on was one for one of my film classes - David Lynch's "Lost Highway."  I believe I screamed "This is (expletive)!" and left.  I enjoy a lot of his films, but that was a colossal mess and had no business in a university film class.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2003, 01:14 AM »
Hmmm,

Last night I was watching Tom Green's masterpiece

When Freddy Got Fingered or whatever, if I had paid for it I would have left.

I like Tom Green, really do, but I like Tom Green when he is censored a little I guess.

The whole baby delivery scene was what finally did it

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2003, 01:20 AM »
Or how about the scene near the end of the movie where Tom Green and the elephant.......................?  Or when him and the horse.....................?

Those scenes were pretty gross if you ask me.
dustrho

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2003, 03:20 PM »
I can no longer sit through Episode I,sorry but that parade scene makes me sick.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2003, 02:08 AM »
I almost walked out of Wing Commander.  I only went to see it because of the Ep1 trailer, and the only reason my husband and I stayed was because my friend who worked at the theatre said she'd let us stay to see the trailer again before the next showing.

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline roguestormtrooper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2003, 05:53 PM »
Now I see why I wait until most movies come out on video... :P

Anyway,  I never walked out on a movie...  yet.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2003, 11:14 PM »
I still haven't seen all of Goldmember. I just cannot get past that Sumo shower room scene and not feel the need to toss my cookies.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2003, 11:16 PM »
The only film I've ever walked out on was one for one of my film classes - David Lynch's "Lost Highway."  I believe I screamed "This is (expletive)!" and left.  I enjoy a lot of his films, but that was a colossal mess and had no business in a university film class.

Man, I hated film classes. I took a couple at UNI and couldn't believe the pretentious drivel I was forced to sit through. At one point, if I had seen another French film, I was going to rip the videocassette apart. Still can barely sit through 'Amelie'. I do just because Audrey Tautou is in the flick.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2005, 08:07 PM »
^ A week or so ago I slept through Casablanca in my Intro to Film class. Most of the films we've seen so far are interesting to one degree or another, but I've never seen Casablanca and it just doesn't appeal.

Plus I'd had like 5 hours of sleep the night before, it was 6:00 at night, it was totally dark in there, and the acoustics in the auditorium are pretty bad (cinderblock walls and designed for live theater not movie showings) so it can be tough to hear dialogue sometimes.

I just went, "**** this" and took a nap. I didn't wake until the lights came up again. I felt much better afterward and I didn't get yelled at, so I guess the teacher didn't notice. :P

I don't have to worry about it being on a test because everything in the course is take-home essays; if need be I could rent the DVD and watch it.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 09:01 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2005, 08:45 PM »
I've never walked out of a film that I went to see in a theater, but I've come damned close a time or two.  Most of the time this has to do with people that bring their children to films they should not be bringing them to in the first place and showing their complete inability to be a parent by letting junior run up and down the aisles screaming.  But I digress.

(I mean, seriously, what parent looks at "Sin City" and says, "Oh five year old Billy will just LOVE that!"?)

I have walked out on several videos being shown at houses of friends and neighbors.  "Wing Commander" took about five minutes, and the complete Adam Sandler ouevre is enough to make me want to throw myself in front of a moving train ("Little Nicky", I'm looking in your direction).  No other film, however, has made me roll my eyes and wish I could get the two hours I wasted on it back more than "Batman and Robin."  Even though he directed "Falling Down", I want to hunt Joel Schumacher down and force him to watch it over and over until he realizes how awful it was and promises to never do it again.  "YOU ARE NOT ECONOMICALLY VIABLE, JOEL!"

I have a feeling that I'm going to want to walk out of the "Fantastic Four" movie, if I actually go see it.  Julian McMahon and Michael Chiklis can't save this one, I fear.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2005, 01:33 AM »
I walked out of Robots, I sat through 30 minutes and didn't laugh once. I like most of  the Pixar movies and Shrek was decent, but I couldn't stand Roots I didn't laugh once and I didn't like the characters, so I left.

I would have walked out of the Hulk but I was with a whole bunch of friends for one of our friend's birthday. It's too bad we didn't say anything to each other cause they all would have left too.
"This is the way."

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2005, 03:50 AM »
I can't say I've walked out of a movie, but many a times would I have wanted to with some of the crap my sister used to drag me to.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2005, 09:46 AM »
I like most of  the Pixar movies and Shrek was decent, but I couldn't stand Roots I didn't laugh once and I didn't like the characters, so I left.

I thought it was good.  LeVar Burton did a great job, and I don't think it was necessarily intended to be funny.  The CGI animation was incredible though; they looked like real people and that was a huge accomplishment for the late 1970's.  :D

Sorry, just poking fun at the typo, SLC.  That being said, DreamWorks Animation films don't appeal to me at all.  The thing that makes Pixar's films so incredibly special isn't the animation but the plots of the films.  I don't think DWA has realized that just because something is computer animated, it doesn't mean it's good, box office receipts for "Madagascar" notwithstanding.