Author Topic: Vintage Max Rebo Band  (Read 2656 times)

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Vintage Max Rebo Band
« on: July 1, 2006, 08:31 PM »
Hi Guys,
I came across the vintage Max Rebo Band set in what looks like incomplete packaging (although the bubble has yellowed). The reason why I think it's inomplete is that the set is still perfectly in place in it's bubble, but there is nothing to indicate Star Wars on the packaging (it doesn't even look tampered with). My question is what would something like this cost and should I be skeptical about this set in any way due to it's packaging?

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Max Rebo Band
« Reply #1 on: July 4, 2006, 12:30 PM »
i have no answer for you.  all the rebo band sets i have ever seen have rotj packaging.  i would love to see a picture.  if it is a bootleg then i am sure someone here could help.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 4, 2006, 01:29 PM »
i saw it from a seller in the mall (they are an aftermarket collector store that specializes in different lines) so it would be really hard to take a picture. it looked like it was still sealed in it's bubble packaging. the only problems i saw was that there was no cardboard boxing around around it and the bubble itself looked yellowed. the price they were asking was $69.99 for the complete vintage set (have no idea if it was a good price at all).

the reason for me asking is that I was thinking about picking up some vintage stuff I might have missed over the years. i haven't collected any vintage stuff since ROTJ when I was kid. I still have a majority of my vintage figures stored away at my folks in a vintage darth vader case. the store is reasonable for some of the loose vintage stuff but somewhat expensive for other stuff they sell. the rebo band set was one of the vintage sets I wanted...

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 4, 2006, 03:00 PM »
Sounds like the inner card portion of the box where the bubble is attached. Just for  a price point reference here is a recent auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330000528620
Box is a beater but it's all there for $25.08.

Here's some from Brain's Toys
http://www.brianstoys.com/bvc2004/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SVBBMAXREBOBANDMIBC7*C9C7NOPOP (you'll have to copy this link as the end is not linking)
$60 with outter box and POP cut
http://www.brianstoys.com/bvc2004/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=SVBBMAXREBOBANDMIBC8
$90 C8 open box

Those guys can be pricey too so I'm sure you get the idea that $70 is way high for just the inner card with a yellow bubble.

John

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 4, 2006, 11:21 PM »
thank you for your help John!! :)

that would've been $70 definately wasted (i don't know if i actually would've gone ahead and purchased it though) and it was the inner portion that they were selling w/o the original box which still would've been crazy at that price. ...thanks again !!