Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241460 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2003, 01:32 PM »
Drives me crazy when I'm driving around with the wife, and we pass a Target, WM, or TRU and she won't let me stop to do a quick figure check!  AAAaaargh!  It's especially difficult when we're traveling up to her parents place an hour and a half away, and we're passing about 15 stores that might have figures, but we "can't" stop at any!  Drives me a little batty knowing I might be driving right by new product that I desperately need!   :-X

Oh well, I understand that she gets a little burnt out at times with the figure hunting.  That's fine, since she does a fair amount of it herself for me, and usually lets me make my stops.  But the occasional times when she doesn't feel like stopping at stores just send my figure hunting OCD into a tizzy!   :P

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2003, 02:34 PM »
I  hear ya on that one Matt!!  Hubby doesn't even HAVE to get off the bike or out of the car for crying out loud...I know the store layouts by heart and waiting for him just holds me up.  Heck, just drop me off at the door and by the time he finds a spot to park, I'd probably be back out (my luck has been so bad lately).

Yup, number one way to peeve me off...keep driving past a toy store. :-\
Beth

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2003, 09:15 PM »
Drives me crazy when I'm driving around with the wife, and we pass a Target, WM, or TRU and she won't let me stop to do a quick figure check!  AAAaaargh!  It's especially difficult when we're traveling up to her parents place an hour and a half away, and we're passing about 15 stores that might have figures, but we "can't" stop at any!  Drives me a little batty knowing I might be driving right by new product that I desperately need!   :-X

Oh well, I understand that she gets a little burnt out at times with the figure hunting.  That's fine, since she does a fair amount of it herself for me, and usually lets me make my stops.  But the occasional times when she doesn't feel like stopping at stores just send my figure hunting OCD into a tizzy!   :P

I can totally sympathize. My "ex" was exactly like that, even though he was a toy collector himself. He just didn't get my Star Wars collecting, though. And the truth is, to get new SW product, ya gotta hit the KMarts and WalMarts and such.

"Just five minutes! I'll be in and out I swear!" But no dice.

Well, I dropped him, and I've found happiness with a far more toy obsessed, loving and sympathetic man.  Goody for me.  :)
Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2003, 11:34 PM »
I'd be in the same boat as Mrs. Bug doesn't like the collecting aspect as well.  But being in Canuckada means never really having to go look for anything.  I do all my online shopping at work and get help from the good folks in these parts.  Stores?  What are those? ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2003, 02:06 AM »
Annoying Customers piss me off.

people who just start talking and blathering if u mention something.

alli did was ask a clerk about a resident evil game, and this guy in a dragon shirt went on an onslaught of talking.
i literally had to run away from it.

but other times people can be cool. and have a decent conversation.
not just whine, complain, and b*tch about their miserable lives and why a video game sucks...
blah

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2003, 08:48 AM »
Hasbro Canada.  >:(

obi_robz

« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2003, 10:23 AM »
Moderators at RS with no sense of humour. Just because I had two accounts I was threatened with a ban – it’s not like I was hiding who I was (“Obi-Robz Part Two”, for God’s sake) or using my second account to circumvent a suspension . It was only a stupid joke.

And then they lock my “goodbye” thread. That’s the sort of thing that really pisses me off.

I would never do such a thing here though, btw   :) .
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 10:32 AM by Obi-Robz »

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2003, 10:43 AM »
Here is something that ticks me off to no end.

When something happens between two people and things get a little heated up and the two people argue. After they have their argument one walks away and lets things be but the other goes about telling everyone something has happened and then it snowballs and comes back to make the one who walked away look like the badguy. Only if those who made the snowball bigger knew the whole story and what has went on.

People in this world need to stop adding to something to make it sound more interesting and keep to the facts. Not only do the stories hurt the innocent but it ruins friendships.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2003, 02:17 PM »
I have a ton and have been waiting to post this for a while:

Holes in an otherwise complete collection
Finding 3 out of 4 figures from a wave
Chase Figures and Con Exclusives
Waking Up Before your alarm clock
Being woken up when you want to sleep in
Running out of Parmesean Cheese on Spaghetti Night
Minnesota Style Chili, Mexican and Asian Food and other "spicy" dishes
Gregg
Hasbro
Scalpers
Hot Wheels Guys
Losing a big fish by breaking your line
Most Television
Green Bay Packers and their fans (loonies :-*)
Losing an eBay auction on a snipe when you also are sniping
Slow Drivers in the Fast Lane
Getting your meat in a resturaunt and it is well done instead of medium
Cold French Fries
People who recline their seats on airplanes in front of me
Politics and straight line party thinking
Political Threads on Star Wars Message Boards
Pop Music
Have You Seen Me fliers in the mail with cheesy advertising on the back
Telemarketers
All Junk Mail
Cutting Music and Art programs at schools instead of Sports

My #1 is people flick their finished cig out the window of their car...pisses me off to no end...

obi_robz

« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2003, 03:03 PM »
Already I have another peeve.

When you bid your max early on in a 10-day auction, but get outbid within 24 hours, the item sits there at the top of your “items I’m bidding on” page for nine more days…mocking you :(
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 03:04 PM by Obi-Robz »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2003, 06:13 PM »

Well, I feel I should add a little update in here, as this morning Patty hit up one of the Walmarts that we missed during our long drive last weekend which caused my previous peeve here.  She called me (and woke me up) this morning at 8:45 to elatedly tell me that she just hit the motherlode at a Walmart about an hour away!  Finally scored some of the new Coll. 1 figures: 2 Jedi Lukes, 2 Snowtroopers, along with a MOMC of the "new" Jango and C-3PO, as well as a few other relatively new figures for the extras pile!  Oddly enough, no Vaders to be found...  What a gal!   8)

So, to stay on topic here, let's see...  I'll add that it pisses me off to no end when I go to Disneyland and they run out of my most favorite delicious tasty treat in the whole wide world - the Pineapple Dole Whip at the Tiki Room stand.  It's to die for, but when they run out of the stuff on me...  Let's just say that Hell hath no fury like a Pineapple Dole Whip deprived JediMAC!   >:(   :o
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 06:15 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2003, 03:33 AM »
Time for a couple more quick rants here.  Let's see...

- I hate it when at 11pm on a regular week night, the drive thru's at both Taco Bell and In 'N' Out have about 25 cars waiting in them already!   >:(

- When my wife busts me after stumbling upon a box full of another new Star Wars collecting subset of mine - like say the Playskool line, which she thinks looks absolutely STUPID!   :'(

- Have I mentioned the heat yet?  Yeah probably a few times already...  I'm getting really sick of it!  It's been between 90 and 110 degrees almost every single day here in "the Valley" (of L.A.) for the past two months.  It sucks, and we've got to move next week, so it better freakin' cool down a bit when we're getting ready to start loadin' up the trucks!

- Smashed figure bubbles...  I'm sure that's already been mentioned too, but that's almost all I ever see nowadays, on otherwise perfectly mint cards...   :-\

- Mods who delete posts and threads without any explanation whatsoever!   ;D

Guess that's enough for now...

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2003, 12:15 PM »
Kevins list of pet peeves...

Theives. Now, I admit, I stole once or twice, when I was younger. My cousin is a theif and he jacks my toys, and just to insure I dont get them back, know what he does? Guess!

................................................................................

He glues the pieces to somthing! WHAT THE FRICK! Who steals somthing only to glue it?!

Customers in line, that grab a whole lotta ****, and then dont have enough, and then take a minut to decide what they are gonna get rid of, and then try and do the math themselves, only to be WRONG and repeat the process.

Extreme Liberals-'nuff said.

Leaches-Not the real ones, but family member leaches. My aunt for instance lived here till she was 32. She comes back litteraly every day, leaves her dog here, uses MY COMPUTER that my grandfather got for ME for school and play. Not for her. She makes over 1,000 dollars a job. You can get a decent PC used for 100-200 bucks. Then she eats my food. Food specificly offered to me by my gramma. My gramma offered her the shrimp, she didnt want it so she ate my food, and left me 1 hot dog. Not nearly enough. I mean, c'mon, Im Famine for crying out loud. Shes constantly borrowing money from my grandparents, stealing my jobs from me (lawn work, mowing, sweeping), and it downright angers me.

Parents specificly letting kids pick out their christmas/birthday/and holiday gifts. Sure, my gramma lets me pick SOME things, but not all. I mean, come on now, wheres the fun.

The FREAKIN rubber bands that hasbro casualy attaches to the toys...and half the time you cant see em...

Now that Ive worked myself into a tyrannical tizzy, Ima go kill somthing now...

And seee what I can cook beside one hot dog.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 5, 2003, 05:58 PM »
- People that talk incessantly.  I've got a couple co-workers and acquantances who just NEVER SHUT UP!  Drives everyone crazy.  What's pathetic is that they don't even notice how annoyed we all get with their verbal spewings.   ::)

- I also HATE it when I type up a big post or message, and something bizarre happens to either my computer or the site, and it all gets wiped out.  Maddening.   >:(

- When the people at Whole Foods burn my sandwiches.  Happens about half the time, even though I tell them to only throw it on the grill for ONE MINUTE.  5 minutes later, out they come with my burned sandwich.  Idiots.

- Watching spoiled rotten professional athletes or celebrities whine like little babies, or do totally stupid things and get away with it.

- Not being a millionaire pisses me off too.  I want lots of cool stuff dammit!  I'm sure I deserve it.   :P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 5, 2003, 09:04 PM »
Roommates who use up your last coffee filter and don't tell you; then you wake up at 6 AM the next morning and head for the coffee pot to find no filters and no way to wake up.

That burns my ass right to the bone, man.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda