Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241422 times)

SilverZ

Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2004, 12:14 AM »
I live to hate one thing:

Go away,
Fitness Celebrity John Basedow.

You freak me out. Seriously. You disturb me.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2004, 12:16 AM »
I just hate Fitness.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2004, 12:16 AM »
My brothers piss poor taste in malted beverages...I mean come on, would it kill you to stock some higher end beers when I'm coming over?  Not everyone is gonna drink the Silver Bullet and Bud Light with you dumb ass

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2004, 12:33 AM »
My brothers piss poor taste in malted beverages...I mean come on, would it kill you to stock some higher end beers when I'm coming over?  Not everyone is gonna drink the Silver Bullet and Bud Light with you dumb ass

I would, I’ll drink any beer that won’t drink me first! Even drank “Big Bear” brand malt liquor on more than a few occasions (don’t mind me, I’ve had almost a dozen tonight… in fact, I’m surprised I’m still able to type)
 You know, though… I do hate it when friends (OR SHOULD I SAY A “FRIEND”) bring over cheap hard alcohol, cheap beer is lousy but tolerable, cheap liquor is UNFORGIVABLE (I’m thinking “Canadian Club” Rye Whiskey here- foul and undrinkable).
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2004, 09:56 PM »
Ciggarette butts in the sand on the beach. Or on it for that matter. Irritates the hell out of me.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #185 on: July 2, 2004, 02:22 PM »
Anyone know why the **** they put those damn stickers on the tops of CD's?  Or why they need to put 3 of the damn things on DVD's????  I find myself pissed off after opening them up because I put scratches in the DVD plastic thanks to trying to pull the stickers off with my fingernails.

I hate those damn things

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 2, 2004, 02:35 PM »
I just slit the edges with an exacto knife & peel of slowly. If they are sticking a bit, I heat them up with a hair dryer on low & peel. Any sticker residue I just use Goo Gone to clean it up.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 2, 2004, 04:20 PM »

I would, I’ll drink any beer that won’t drink me first! Even drank “Big Bear” brand malt liquor on more than a few occasions (don’t mind me, I’ve had almost a dozen tonight… in fact, I’m surprised I’m still able to type)
 You know, though… I do hate it when friends (OR SHOULD I SAY A “FRIEND”) bring over cheap hard alcohol, cheap beer is lousy but tolerable, cheap liquor is UNFORGIVABLE (I’m thinking “Canadian Club” Rye Whiskey here- foul and undrinkable).

What's wrong with five year old whiskey? :P

I'm inclined to agree, once you've been exposed to decent booze, going back to basement label stuff is impossible.  The worst for me is generic type white rum.  It smells like nail polish remover :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 8, 2004, 12:41 PM »
Ebay sellers that don't give a crap what they send out.  

I bought an Absorbing Man figure from a guy on ebay, feedback 2.  It was listed as NM condition and no insurance was available.  It arrived in a box that was beat up and only large enough to allow maybe 1/4 inch on each side of the card.  The bottom left corner is pretty much destroyed with about 2 inches of bubble pushed up and separated from the card.  

His response to my complaint?  Sorry but there was no insurance and I can't be held responsible for what the post office does.  True, but I expected you to make half an effort to pack the item properly, which you clearly did not.  The best part is he claims to be a "toy collector".   ::)  My ass.  

I'm sure I'll be getting a retaliatory negative but not much I can do about that, cuz he's getting a richly deserved negative himself. :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #189 on: July 8, 2004, 01:39 PM »
My gripe?

Jerks who drive 5 miles LESS than the speed limit, ride the middle line, then speed up when you try to pass them!

>:(

This weekend, I did a lot of driving on two-lane roads as I headed north to the cabin/lake.  Quite a few times, I encountered another driver, who wanted to drive SLOW (5 miles below the limit) in the no-passing zones and then sped up to 5 miles over the limit on the strait-aways.  To top it off, they'd ride the center line so you couldn't see around their SUV/boat-toting ass.  To see if it was OK to pass, I'd have to stick my nose way out into the oncoming lane... not exactly safe!

I HATE speed-up/slow-down driving, so it drove me absolutely batty.  I just wanted to lock the Cruise at 60 and go, but it took forever to pass these jerks.  I'd eventually have to gun it up to 80 to get around them and hope there were no local-cop speed traps waiting for me...

What ever happened to the days when a driver would realize someone was trying to pass them, so they'd slow down a bit and move to the right so you could see around them?!?!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #190 on: July 8, 2004, 09:53 PM »
I hate dickweeds who block boat launches while I'm trying to get my Sea-Doo out of the water.

I threw a beer can at them, and they finally got the hint and moved away. I wasted half a can of Bud Light, consequently. THAT really pissed me off. >:(
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 5, 2004, 08:37 AM »
Waking up to find out your roof is leaking.  Nothing too major, just a pain in the ass.  Originally, I was going to replace it when my parents came to visit in late September so my father and brother can give me a hand, but I was up on the roof a few weeks ago and it seemed like it didn't need to be done right away.  I figured we can redo the basement instead, which made me happy.  I'm jonesing to get my collection up and displayed.  

It seems that plans have now changed.  The roof needs to be done before the damage gets worse.  Just have to push back the basement rehab a little bit.  :(
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 5, 2004, 02:35 PM »
When the hotel's fire alarm goes off at 6:30am, making me lose a good couple hours of extra sleep, not to mention having to observe all of my neighbors (including my manager) in their sleepwear.   :-\

False alarm of course.  But it took them over 15 minutes to figure that out.  Bastards.

Oh well, at least there's still the free breakfast!   :P

That happened to me at a wedding two years ago. Two doofs fooling around with a fire extinguisher when there was no fire in sight.  ::)

I REALLY hate when your neighbors don't know where the yard boundaries are, and mow over into YOUR yard. My new neighbor does this, and makes the left side of my yard (which is really small to begin with) look like crap because he does this retarded looking diagonal cut into my yard. It drives me freakin' crazy!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #193 on: August 5, 2004, 02:57 PM »
Tell him to knock that crap off, Trav!

Another peeve of mine, which I always forget to mention here, is when stores put a fat price tag sticker over any portion of the track listing for a new Greatest Hits album that I'm trying to check out.  Hate it when I can't figure out if all my favorite songs by that artist are on the album...   >:(

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #194 on: August 5, 2004, 03:01 PM »
JediMAC and his damn greatest hits records. . .   ::)

My biggest pet peeve is when above-mentioned person doesn't have the courtesy to give me the ol' reach-around. . .

:-[
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."