Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 243702 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #600 on: February 24, 2006, 04:09 AM »
Another thing I loathe- guitar store employees.

Just because you little twats wear girl's pants, wear "Van Halen Tour 1978" shirts ironically, and get to play with Taylor guitars all day doesn't make you the coolest thing on earth. Sure, you can probably play anything from Death Cab For Cutie's catalog, but I'll gamble you've never taken lessons from the University of Vai.

Yeah, I'm going to look at that Gibson Les Paul. Don't worry, I've handled a guitar or two in my day, I'm not going to break it.

And don't bother thanking me after making a purchase at your store, you *******. I may have only purchased a pack of Ernie Ball strings, but I at least deserve a 'thanks' or at least some acknowledgement of my existance besides taking the money out of my hands.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: February 24, 2006, 06:52 PM »
Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!

One word... HASBRO!
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: March 6, 2006, 03:56 PM »
School Playgrounds.
Man, those places are like prison yards. You walk in and there are gangs of mothers grouped together sneering then looking up giving everyone who walks past the once over then it's back to the huddle.
By the time I walk out I'm damn near a quivvering wreck.

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 6, 2006, 05:46 PM »
If you don't have a child, what are you doing at a school playground? When I take my two daughters to the playground, you bet your butt I'm going to look suspiciously at anyone that's childless and lurking at a playground.

However, I will agree that sometimes those mommy groups are like gangs. Well-intentioned gangs.  :P

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: March 7, 2006, 04:03 PM »
If you don't have a child, what are you doing at a school playground? When I take my two daughters to the playground, you bet your butt I'm going to look suspiciously at anyone that's childless and lurking at a playground.

However, I will agree that sometimes those mommy groups are like gangs. Well-intentioned gangs.  :P

Did I say I didn't have a child?
No I didn't think I did, so you took it upon yourself to assume  that I don't and that my being there was for some other reason than dropping my kids off.
I have three children which is why I am sometimes there, not that I have to explain anything at all to you.
Just what are you implying with your post Stormie?

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: March 7, 2006, 06:14 PM »
I'm sure stormie's post was intended to be in good fun and in no way accusatory.
« Last Edit: March 7, 2006, 06:15 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 7, 2006, 10:23 PM »
Gah- you know what I really hate?  When you let someone in front of you (from a side street or parking lot) while driving, and the car behind them thinks they have a pass too.  They move quickly to get into the lane, then brake hard when they realize you were only letting in one car.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 8, 2006, 09:30 AM »
Yeah, GS, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was accusing you of something. I wasn't sure of the context you were talking about, and since you didn't mention any kids, I just assumed (wrongly) that you were alone. But I wasn't accusing you of anything; I was poking a little bit of fun at it, too, because I often am the only dad at parks...surrounded by mommy groups. I just wasn't sure of the whole context of your peeve.  Sorry if my post came off that way.

Another peeve I have...the way the Internet twists benign little posts on message boards into inflammatory, hate-filled diatribes.  :P ;)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 8, 2006, 12:06 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: March 8, 2006, 12:53 PM »
It's not really a pet peeve but I listen to a variety of music and during tax season I usually listen to cd's my son burned me (Metallica, Cold, Staind, Crossfade etc..) but I'll also throw in the Star Wars soundtrack or some Christina Aguilera .  I have had three coworkers comment on how my choice of music doesn't fit my age (and one guy said "I didn't know girls listened to hard rock").  WTF???  My AGE???  I am not trying to be "hip", I just like the beat of the music and whatever mood I am in is the choice of music I listen to.  Nothing more, nothing less.  A lot of people here listen to country music or Christian music.  I don't say anything to them about their choices (I don't see how anyone can listen to it for more than 5 minutes, but that's me) so leave me the hell alone.   Anyhow, it's not really a rant but I just find it odd that some people assume that your gender and/or age should have anything to do with your choice of music. ::)
Beth

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 8, 2006, 12:55 PM »
stereotypes and classifications...don't you hate it? :P

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: March 8, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Yeah, GS, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was accusing you of something. I wasn't sure of the context you were talking about, and since you didn't mention any kids, I just assumed (wrongly) that you were alone. But I wasn't accusing you of anything; I was poking a little bit of fun at it, too, because I often am the only dad at parks...surrounded by mommy groups. I just wasn't sure of the whole context of your peeve.  Sorry if my post came off that way.

OK, cool.
Thanks for straightening that out.  :)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #612 on: March 8, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Yeah if someone finds out I'm a christian
they automatically assume im a perfect teenager who can't do wrong and acts holier than thow, or assume im gonna start throwing Jesus in their face. I hate people like that. ::) >:(

Oh and PETA people, "no more animal testing" they say, fine, screw you just go ahead and DIE by not using our medical advances, and leave us out of your insane rantings.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 8, 2006, 06:22 PM »
Yeah if someone finds out I'm a christian
they automatically assume im a perfect teenager who can't do wrong and acts holier than thow, or assume im gonna start throwing Jesus in their face. I hate people like that. ::) >:(

Oh and PETA people, "no more animal testing" they say, fine, screw you just go ahead and DIE by not using our medical advances, and leave us out of your insane rantings.

How very Christian of you.........  ???
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 8, 2006, 09:40 PM »
ROFL.

You rock.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...