Author Topic: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!  (Read 241964 times)

Offline Starbee

• Youngling
  • I'm a Bitch. I'm a mother. Sometimes I embarrass m
    • View Profile
Re: Pet peeves... Annoyances... Things that piss you off!
« Reply #705 on: May 29, 2006, 04:38 PM »
sorry about that dude.
Starbee Out!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 29, 2006, 04:39 PM »
Mmmm, chalky.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #707 on: May 29, 2006, 05:48 PM »
 :-X Barium god i hate that stuff 7 upper G I's and i still cant get it down. :-X

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #708 on: May 30, 2006, 11:43 PM »
People who pass out food in their minivans at the window in the drive-thru. Can't you go forward twenty feet and then pass out the food to your rugrats?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 31, 2006, 10:45 AM »
No, I can't :-X

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #710 on: May 31, 2006, 08:00 PM »
Cops on power trips.

>:(  >:(  >:(
"This is the way."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 31, 2006, 08:41 PM »
7-Eleven cashiers who lecture about the bad qualities of Jolt Gum. Screw them, I still bought it anyway.

:P

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 31, 2006, 10:50 PM »
No, I can't :-X

Why not??  I'm usually in a hurry when I'm at a drive thru and I find it inconsiderate of others behind you.  No I don't want to start an agrument Jim, just an explanation.  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 1, 2006, 01:01 PM »
Actually it's safer to dole out the food,drinks before starting driving.
You know what? It also makes sense(only takes once to learn) to check everything(the food order received) before leaving since the minimum wage employees tend to make mistakes. By handing out the food you can check your order at the same time and let the window attendant know something is incorrect-not doing this causes a large time delay(parking,getting everyone out of car-(I'm not a leave the kids in car parent),going in restaurant, getting order fixed,getting everyone else back in car ect. My concern is my families first, other folks come second-that's just the way it is. When I was single being considerate to others was more do-able since there was no one else(family) to be considerate for first. Besides...it never takes me more than 60 seconds to pass all the food out/check the order anyway. What's an average Drive-thru wait time(ordering,waiting,paying ect)? Is it like 5-7 minutes? I don't get concerned adding 1 minute to someone else's time table-conversely, I don't get pissed when I see another person in front of me doing the same thing adding a minute or 2 to my wait.  :)

How did Jim get added to this discussion?

I know your not fighting me-just adding your 2 cents..it's cool-this was my 20 cents. 8)

--The DS (Jon)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 1, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Well I'll start an argument, I like doing that. ;D

The drive-thru is a manifestation of fast food.  Key words: Fast Food.  That means you're supposed to get in there in the line, order your food, pay for it, pick it up and get a move on.  

In my utopic view of the world, that definition includes but is not limited to:

1. You aren't allowed to look at the menu for more than 30 seconds and that's pushing it.  If your mental capacity is so minimal you can't recall what's on the menu at the fast food places, go inside and look at your leisure.  Get the **** out of my way.

2. You aren't allowed to ask what comes in a meal at the order window or speaker box.  If you're too stupid to know it's fries and a drink by default, go inside.  Yes, many places offer options, familiarize yourself before ******* up the rest of us in a hurry.  Don't ask the staff questions, you're lucky if they're marginally conscious.

3. Do not give out food in the line.  Get your food, move your ass.  Simple enough, isn't it?  Your kids will wait without perishing.  It might do them some good to not get everything they ask for immediately for a change.  Hell, they might learn the world wasn't created to respond to their every beck and call.  That real world **** that'll kick them in the balls stuff that comes after high school, y'know?  If a minute isn't a conern to you, get the **** out of the drive through lane and go inside, you're in no hurry, I am.

4. Expect them to **** up your order.  These are a bunch of kids that have been told they're great and equal and have never been challenged in their life.  They're apathetic and apoplectic at the thought of actually having to do something for money.  They are, quite frankly, in a state of shock, because they deserve something better even though they have no skills, no real aptitude, no experience.  But they are entitled, just ask them.

5.  No special orders.  I'd much prefer a quarter pounder without cheese, but y'know what?  That's a special order and will bung up everything for me and everyone behind me.  Suck it up or go inside.  Consideration people, think about it.  While you're at it, the stick on your steering column is called a signal light.  You won't need it in the drive through line, but try it later, just for ***** and giggles.  

6.  The food sucks.  You know this, expect it.  This is not high quality food, it's marginal at best.  It's called fast food and could be called crap food but for the negative connotations.  You're not eating well and you're likely to gain weight.  Realize this.  At the same time, don't believe bull**** like Supersize Me.  If you eat 5000 calories a day at Subway your ass will be huge as well and you'll probably want to vomit all over Jared (the one at Subway, not here).  Yeah, the fat content might end up being lower, but your sorrry ass  is going to get gigantic.  

7.  Summary.  Fast food.  Think about what it says.  If you're not in a hurry, get the **** out of the line.  

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #715 on: June 1, 2006, 01:23 PM »
I agree with The DS.

After getting your order, it's just too much hassle to pull up a car length or two to check your order, which would let the people behind you get their food.

**** 'em.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 1, 2006, 01:57 PM »
Lazy, inconsiderate prick.  Any minimal amount of respect I had for you is gone, long, long, gone. 

I reiterate: inconsiderate prick.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 1, 2006, 01:58 PM »
 ;D

well, heh I guess when I age alot more 1 more minute MAY become more important to me, as of right now? **** 'em :-*
« Last Edit: June 1, 2006, 02:00 PM by Darth Slothus »

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 1, 2006, 02:01 PM »
Well I'll start an argument, I like doing that. ;D

The drive-thru is a manifestation of fast food.  Key words: Fast Food.  That means you're supposed to get in there in the line, order your food, pay for it, pick it up and get a move on. 

In my utopic view of the world, that definition includes but is not limited to:

1. You aren't allowed to look at the menu for more than 30 seconds and that's pushing it.  If your mental capacity is so minimal you can't recall what's on the menu at the fast food places, go inside and look at your leisure.  Get the **** out of my way.

2. You aren't allowed to ask what comes in a meal at the order window or speaker box.  If you're too stupid to know it's fries and a drink by default, go inside.  Yes, many places offer options, familiarize yourself before ******* up the rest of us in a hurry.  Don't ask the staff questions, you're lucky if they're marginally conscious.

3. Do not give out food in the line.  Get your food, move your ass.  Simple enough, isn't it?  Your kids will wait without perishing.  It might do them some good to not get everything they ask for immediately for a change.  Hell, they might learn the world wasn't created to respond to their every beck and call.  That real world **** that'll kick them in the balls stuff that comes after high school, y'know? If a minute isn't a conern to you, get the **** out of the drive through lane and go inside, you're in no hurry, I am.

4. Expect them to **** up your order.  These are a bunch of kids that have been told they're great and equal and have never been challenged in their life.  They're apathetic and apoplectic at the thought of actually having to do something for money.  They are, quite frankly, in a state of shock, because they deserve something better even though they have no skills, no real aptitude, no experience.  But they are entitled, just ask them.

5.  No special orders.  I'd much prefer a quarter pounder without cheese, but y'know what?  That's a special order and will bung up everything for me and everyone behind me.  Suck it up or go inside.  Consideration people, think about it.  While you're at it, the stick on your steering column is called a signal light.  You won't need it in the drive through line, but try it later, just for ***** and giggles. 

6.  The food sucks.  You know this, expect it.  This is not high quality food, it's marginal at best.  It's called fast food and could be called crap food but for the negative connotations.  You're not eating well and you're likely to gain weight.  Realize this.  At the same time, don't believe bull**** like Supersize Me.  If you eat 5000 calories a day at Subway your ass will be huge as well and you'll probably want to vomit all over Jared (the one at Subway, not here).  Yeah, the fat content might end up being lower, but your sorrry ass  is going to get gigantic. 

7.  Summary.  Fast food.  Think about what it says.  If you're not in a hurry, get the **** out of the line. 

This information should be included in every new car sold today.  You know that spot on the flipside of your sun visor?  That's where it should go.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 1, 2006, 02:03 PM »
;D

well, heh I guess when I age alot more 1 more minute MAY become more important to me, as of right now? **** 'em :-*

Inconsiderate prick #2.  

Slothus and Tarkin up in a tree
K-I-S-S-I-N-G...

You clowns don't use turn signals either, do you?  Too much trouble to move your hand out of your crotch and be considerate of others, right? :-*