Author Topic: What would you do???  (Read 2473 times)

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
What would you do???
« on: July 4, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Recently my wife and I have bought a house and have finally gotten moved in. I was trying to decide how much of my collection I really wanted, and how much I should sell. Included in that were my customs. I have two completed ships and one I've been working off and on for about a year on. I've got a ton of stuff about to head to eBay, and a lot of it is my modern Han collection.

I had a custom gunship and wa on the fence about either selling it or trashing it. When it was moved, it apparently got jarred pretty good and is now headed to the trash bin. My other custom was a sandspeeder based loosely on the unproduced Kenner version in the 80's. (If you want to see it, you might be able to run a search here or head over to FFURG to the vehicle section.)

I'm not sure what to do with the speeder. I don't really think I want it because it's taking up space and much of my interest lately has turned away from SW and custom projects. Anybody been in the situation before? What did you do?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: What would you do???
« Reply #1 on: July 4, 2006, 10:58 AM »
I'd say keep it all.  Your interest will likely be renewed later. 

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 4, 2006, 11:13 AM »
Well, I'd try and keep it if you can like Dressel said.  But at the same time, it's your collection and your right to do whatever you want with it; be it ebay, classifieds section here, trading, etc.

Good luck with your decision, these kind are usually not easy to make.

:)

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 4, 2006, 11:25 AM »
i'd say keep it. weather your thinning out your collection or not that custom speeder will always be somthing you made and that makes it worth more than a normal speeder. i don't know how elobarate it is, but either way you put your time and hard work in to it. but as chewie said your right to do with it whatever you want, but at very least, trade or sell it so that you can get somthing, that your interest do lie in at the moment, fo it.
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline tykrazen

• Jedi Initiate
  • Spitting llama!
    • View Profile
    • The Jawa Junkpile Customs @theJawa.com
« Reply #4 on: July 6, 2006, 10:15 AM »
I have a different take than others -- when you did enjoy the piece, did you enjoy making it or enjoy having it?  If you enjoyed having it, keep it for at least another year to make sure you don't want it.  But if the joy came from the act of creation, then I say sell it.  You can always make another and experience a similar thrill.