Author Topic: New rumor list!  (Read 13025 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: New rumor list!
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2006, 11:39 PM »
Oh,got the names confused,if it is SA I will army build it like hell!I love the 501st.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2006, 12:24 AM »
I am kind of surprised to see Yarael Poof in there. 
It's not a terrible figure, even by today's standards.  Hopefully he'll come with a lightsaber.  And hopefully he won't have a hard time holding it like Foul Moudama.

They love to put Kit Fisto out there don't they?
Maybe this is in response to their total goof in making a Jedi Starfighter for Kit Fisto that none of the three previous Kit Fisto releases will fit in.  I tried them all in the Plo Koon fighter (same model) and none of them would fit.

Some of those look okay to me like Holo Cmdr Cody, Vader's astromech droid, the clones depending on what they are.  I forget who Cmdr Appo is?  I will need to google him.  I might go for the BD 2pack if they make them out of sturdier plastic...maybe.  It's an okay list IMO. 

There are definitely some interesting choices.  Holo Cody is cool since it seems that they really want to compelte the Jedi Temple War Room scene.  I figure they're doing Vader's astromech since they're putting out the Vader Sith fighter.  It's a cool companion piece to go with the ship.  And the other Imperial astromech?  Well, it seems like they're not wasting time in getting the R5-D4 repaints out there now that they've finally got an R5 unit out that's not a complete turd.

As for Cmdr Appo, I wonder if it's going to be another 501st Clone, or the somewhat different design with suspenders and such.  That design basically looked like the Commander Gree armor in 501st markings.

Hoping that the Battle Droid 2-pack isn't just two Battle Droids.  My personal hope?  That it's a Pilot Battle Droid with a PK Droid thrown in for good measure.  But even I can't be that optimistic.  ::)

The real question mark in this lineup?  The ELITE CRPS CLONE TROOPER .  The only trooper that's coming to mind is in fact...
41st Elite Corps

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 12:29 AM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2006, 12:56 AM »
The Kashyyy Trooper isn't being planned Hasbro says,maybe it's the 41st without the camo armor.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2006, 01:09 AM »
Well, it's the only Trooper that LFL has identified as part of an elite corps.  We'll probably find out soon enough.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2006, 01:16 AM »
Hopefully during the weekend! ;D

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2006, 01:29 AM »

If the Elite Corps Trooper that SWS exclusive clone from last year?If not what is it?

Mmmmm.  Gree's 41st Elite.

And why not?  We got 2", but never 3 3/4".

:)

EDIT:  Crap, just saw pg. 2 here and Nicklab's reply.  Obviously I agree.  Unless it's some kind of silly EU clone instead, which will suck.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 01:31 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2006, 02:35 AM »
Scott's probably hit the nail on the head there, other than for the obvious fact that it looks like there's probably 17 "new" figures here.  I'm assuming the Maul, Chewie and Kit will be straight repacks, but any updates to them would be cool, I guess.  Hopefully Nick's right, and the Kit will be revised enough to fit into his upcoming Starfighter.

Astromechs are always cool, so getting two new Imperial versions is fine by me, assuming Vader's is a different one.  Hopefully the other is a long overdue black R5 version.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the Padme yet...  As long as it's a new version, that'll be a cool one to get, since we're so far behind on her.  Hopefully it's not a rehash though, since she's a tough enough sell as it is.  Lots of good Clone and army building fodder in there too, so that should be a bright spot for most people, and the 2-for-1 deal on the Battle Droids is certainly a generous thing for Hasbro to do.

But yeah, nothing overly stellar there to get excited about really.  Some decent fodder to end this line with though, going into '07...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:38 AM by JediMAC »

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2006, 05:18 AM »
What on earth has this got to do with the 30th aniversary of a new hope.?

Perhaps in addition to all these troops we will get the Yavin wave with some other stuff like Cz3 and Bom Vimdim?

« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:21 AM by jono »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2006, 05:57 AM »
Decent choices for the most part; crossing my fingers the Padme is somehow one they've had hidden away, and isn't a repack (or some interesting kit bash), and Appo is a #41 version of the Tac Ops Trooper.  All the clones on this list... yikes.  Cool, but yikes.  I'm game for just about any thing at this point (there's no way the elite clone could be a paratrooper, could it?)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2006, 09:27 AM »
The more I look at this assortment, the more skeptical I become. I'm not saying that it's a hoax, I'm just saying that it looks a little too random to be what it looks like.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2006, 09:49 AM »
Nothing too exciting to be honest. Not expecting much. The only one that interests me is a new Yareal Poof. Maybe they could get him right this time.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2006, 11:47 AM »
Nothing too exciting to be honest. Not expecting much. The only one that interests me is a new Yareal Poof. Maybe they could get him right this time.

Yes, shouldn't he have 2 more arms than the previous figure offered??

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2006, 12:18 PM »
He had two extra arms under his cloak, if I remember...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 01:34 PM »
He had two extra arms under his cloak, if I remember...

That was Oppo Rancisis
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 04:29 PM »
From, http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=5580&zoneid=2

Here's a quickie update on a couple of other pieces Hasbro is showing off at their Comic-Con booth. Apparently our report yesterday about the final, final wave of the year is accurate, and the Holographic Commander Cody is on display. Check inside for more!

Holographic Commander Cody, which has been on many collectors' wishlists, is indeed seeing the light of day. Also on display are some new Battle Droids and a Super Battle Droid with camouflage deco, along with a camouflage deco Kashyyk Clone Trooper. (Note that this is a spy report, and we will report more as we receive more transmissions.)