Author Topic: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin  (Read 84793 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 2 - The Battle of Yavin
« Reply #285 on: April 14, 2007, 01:40 PM »
From what I've seen on the RS Photo Archive, it looks like the figure was designed to fall apart like that...  :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 16, 2007, 03:42 PM »
The local TRU put out two cases of these yesterday; picked up one of each, plus an extra Fett for a friend of mine.  I have to say that I'm actually pretty happy with the wave as a whole, but I'm disappointed in the quality of the plastic used on the Boba Fett.  It seems as if the entire figure uses the cheap "rubber" plastic and, maybe because of this, the upper and lower torso pieces are way too flexible.  In fact, the upper torso on mine comes off far too easily, causing the little hidden belly blaster door to fall right out.  I tried putting a bit of super glue in the upper slot and reassembled it, but it's still wobbly due to the belt being a separate piece.

Is anyone else having trouble with their Fetts in this manner, or did I just get a ****** one? 

You're not the only one.  Mine came apart just taking out of the packaging.  Though I don't know how they could've made the peg any thicker with that belly gun there.  Ans taking it apart seems to be the easier way to open the door without chipping or gouging the plastic in anyway.  It's a great figure and was really surprised that the range finder actully worked, though I'd pull it out of the helmet and reinsert first before trying to move it up and down.  Almost ripped mine.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 16, 2007, 03:49 PM »
By the way, when are we going to get Spaceballs figures? I want ones just like Dark Helmet was playing with.

I'd buy them too.   ;D

:P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Noticed another flaw with the DS Trooper. I boiled and froze the legs to a closer stance and found that the upper legs are different lengths.

Also, the chinstrap on my honor guard broke. :(
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 09:53 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 17, 2007, 12:25 PM »
The more pictures I see of the DS Trooper, the more disappointing he seems to be.  He towers over everyone and the huge knobby knees are just bizarre.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 12:27 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: April 17, 2007, 04:26 PM »
The paint app on Luke's hair in the picture is the best I've seen, though. (compared to the figures on the pegs!)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:06 PM by Darth Vlad »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #291 on: April 17, 2007, 05:42 PM »
DST's height is starting to bother me some too...  WTF is up with that?   ???  Did they not compare him to any other figure when designing/sculpting him?  Yeesh...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 17, 2007, 07:37 PM »
After having a couple of the DS Troopers for about a week or so now.  I finally got around to trying to see what other heads fit the peg.  So far all I've got is Moff JJ, perfect fit, if you repaint the hat black he looks like the guy in ROTJ; "Inform the Commander that Lord Vader's shuttle has arrived."  Also the white Endor troopers head fits, a little tight, but it still goes on and off good and he kinda looks like the old guy on the back of the cardback.  Now I'd assume of course that the black endor trooper would fit as well but have yet to dig him out.  Thing I noticed on the cardback is that the uniform should have the little pocket for the the rank cylinder things, that's where the cord for the earphones go.  As for the boots, how accurate to film they are I don't know but why let it bug since they looks exactly like Obi pilot and nobody seemed to complain about how he looked.  Or is it just the film accuracy?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 17, 2007, 07:57 PM »
DST's height is starting to bother me some too...  WTF is up with that?   ???  Did they not compare him to any other figure when designing/sculpting him?  Yeesh...

Height is a big problem with lots of figures.  As poorly scaled the height of the DST is, Grievous has never been sculpted correctly, Mace rarely, Vader almost never except for Evolutions, Chewie rarely or never etc.

It's just real sloppy Jesse, and so easily preventable.  It just screams "I don't care" when they mess up so badly.  Especially with the price of these figures.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #294 on: April 17, 2007, 08:10 PM »
The height of the DST doesn't really bother me. He's taller than Luke, but Luke isn't supposed to be all that tall anyway. I think the helmet itself also exagerates the DST overall height.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:31 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #295 on: April 17, 2007, 08:26 PM »
The DST's boots should be shorter.  In fact, his legs should look just like Bigg's right leg in that above photo.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #296 on: April 17, 2007, 08:27 PM »
The height of the DST doesn't really bother me. He's taller than Luke, but Luke isn't supposed to be all that tall anyway. I think the helmet itself also exagerates the DST overall height.

I dunno Jay, look at his chin compared to Biggs...  And Biggs, remember, is on an oversized body...  That's not good.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #297 on: April 17, 2007, 08:32 PM »

I dunno Jay, look at his chin compared to Biggs...  And Biggs, remember, is on an oversized body...  That's not good.  :-\

True, the DST head looks to be tilted back a bit though.

And the more I look at it, I think that photo from RS above is a composite, so scaling from figure to figure might be off some. note the weird shadows cast from the insole on some of the boots.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:50 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2007, 09:20 PM »
here you guys are compalining about the figures....atleast they are availvable to you! and hey they all look good..so ..far...from the opics i have seen  :-\
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2007, 09:46 PM »
here you guys are compalining about the figures....atleast they are availvable to you! and hey they all look good..so ..far...from the opics i have seen  :-\

Well, when you see them in person you'll appreciate our conversation then.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda