Author Topic: Supportive Spouses...  (Read 8344 times)

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
Re: Supportive Spouses...
« Reply #15 on: August 4, 2006, 03:07 AM »
my wife is very supportive, she's not into SW but she let me display my imperial, clone and wookiee armies in the living room

she offered me plane tickets for NY and she knows i'm going to do some shopping once there
"Wars don't make one great"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 4, 2006, 10:01 AM »
my wife is very supportive, she's not into SW but she let me display my imperial, clone and wookiee armies in the living room

she offered me plane tickets for NY and she knows i'm going to do some shopping once there

Wow.  Thats great.  I'm jealous :)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 4, 2006, 08:27 PM »
Though I don't have a girlfreind at present, I have had some very supportive significant others in the past. One in particular that I had not long ago, would sit in my apartment putting together Harry Potter Legos while I customised G.I.Joes. She got pretty good at identifying joes by name on sight, as well as several very obscure Star Wars characters. She even used to go as far as looking for stuff for me that she knew I was looking for. Which I 've got to say was not bad for someone who hadn't even heard of these things before I met her.

I do miss her, she's long gone now, but I have damn near every Harry potter lego set that was put out for the first movie now. She left them at my house when we broke up. ;D

Offline CommanderKorbra

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mandalorian Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 4, 2006, 10:12 PM »
Lol at how many legos you must have now D_E.  :P
"I don't think that anything shows a greater passion for Star Wars than when a collector attempts to make their own figures."
-CHEWIE

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 4, 2006, 10:25 PM »
You have no idea C_K. I just wish I had the room to display it all. ;)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #20 on: August 4, 2006, 11:49 PM »
[Tune] "LEGO MANIA" [/tune], remember those old comercials in the mid 90's they alwasy had lego mania at the end in a little jinggle type thing. HEHE I <3 legos
lol

smarty

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: August 5, 2006, 04:05 AM »
remember those old comercials in the mid 90's

Why do I now feel like I need a Rascal Scooter and a First Alert bracelet?  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 5, 2006, 07:37 AM »
Im going to hit him with my cane myself. Right after "Matlock". Thanks Smarty. :P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #23 on: August 5, 2006, 09:38 AM »
Your Welcome. ;) :P
« Last Edit: August 5, 2006, 09:57 AM by Smartypants1635 »

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2006, 12:46 AM »
My wife has alloted me a certain amount of money for figures a month, and this is really very generous seeing shes the only one earning money at the min.

And seeing we have only been married for just short of a year, and seeing we had a load of money to fork out for my green card and work permit, so yup I would say my wife is very supportive of me.

Oh and she says the C-3P0's are all hers, lol.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 12:48 AM by Captain J Sparrow »

Offline findswoman

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • The Findswoman Collection
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 11:57 AM »
Ooh, I always love threads like this!  It's so nice that so many of us here have been blessed with spouses who support our hobby.   (Even if they do roll their eyes a little -- those things happen in marriage from time to time).  Life is beautiful.

My husband fortunately also enjoys Star Wars, and even has a few figures of his own that I'm not allowed to use as fodder.  Though he's been known to goggle a bit when I come home from Target with even 2 or 3 figures to use as fodder, he's very nice about the whole thing.  At worst he ribs me about cutting up all those poor little plastic figures, etc.  Best of all, he listens very patiently when I start rambling about all the problems, etc. I'm having with the figures I'm working on.

What he really balks at is when I need to stop in at a fabric store, or craft store, or beading store.  (And I frequently have to stop at such places in the course of my custom work.)  Such places are too "girly" for him to stand even a few minutes.  It's kind of funny, really.  ;D

But hey, if that's the worst of it after 5 years of marriage, I thnk we're doing pretty well!

... the Findswoman

Offline DmG

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 12:07 PM »
My wife has recently started to help with some painting, and is curious about assembly. She's always been supportive with hobbies but since my 4 yr old boy is obsessed with Star Wars and is in the room contributing and sitting with me, she see's the value in it.

Now only if I could get her hooked on the movies like the rest of us! muuuhahahha  ;D